• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You've heard of Elf on the Shelf, now get ready for..."

SalvaPot

DJ4NawhX0AEYMa4.jpg:small

Found here: https://mobile.twitter.com/daoswords/status/909178939972755458/photo/1

Bravo. Just bravo.

Jacob

It's not good. Wtf is "elf on the shelf".

It's a book/doll/activity thing for young kids and their parents where the parent positions the elf doll around the house in the days and weeks leading up to Christmas. The elf is ostensibly there to spy on the kid and report back to Santa if they're behaving or not. There are other activities associated with it that I don't really remember.

The whole thing is only like 10-15 years old but it's marketed as "a Christmas tradition" and some people (myself included) find it a really annoying intrusion into the holidays as well as kind of ruining the idea of Santa. Was inescapable when I worked in a retail bookstore, though.

Gah, I saw "Morty on the forty" earlier but can't find the image anywhere. Now I'm wondering if I made the whole thing up but I know I'm not clever enough for that.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
This is a bad thread. OP is a bad person. This night has officially been ruined by bad people doing bad things. I hope you're all happy :(

Top Bottom