• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana (Switch, 2023)

Andyliini

Source

Announced in the vein of the new Ys X, this is an HD remaster of PSP's Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which itself if a remake of original Ys III. This new version has a bunch of new features, such as HD visuals, new voiced cutscenes and new moder character portraits, which you can also switch to the original art. Soundtrack is also remastered. This remaster is currently scheduled to be released in 2023 in Japan, for Nintendo Switch.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
set to be releasing as a Switch exclusive in Japan in 2023
Life Toy GIF

Meicyn

Gold Member
Oath in Felghana is still my favorite Ys game. Soundtrack is god tier. Will buy if it ships on PS5.

Reactions: Isa

Nautilus

Banned
Falcom finally learning some business sense. Its just a remaster of an old game, but still.

Hope it does well. It has a chance now at least, considering that it isn't bound to Playstation anymore.

Mr Hyde

Never played Oath of Felghana so this is great news. I hope Falcom ports Ark of Napishtim too. That game definitely needs a HD remaster. It's too good to be stuck on PS2.

• Fire

Woopah

They are probably doing this as a method for training their teams up on Switch development (which they are doing very very late). I'd expect 2 more Switch exclusive remasters to come soon, and then they can make all their mainline games PlayStation/Switch, like they are doing with Ys X.

Shifty1897

The hardest Ys game I've played. Had to watch some boss fights on YouTube as a tutorial after getting annihilated for several hours and not knowing how I'm supposed to survive.

10/10

• Thoughtful

Paltheos

Hopefully it comes out to the west not long after, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

My bet would be 'no' since XSeed handled the translations for Falcom games at the time, but Origin did come to the Switch (from publisher DotEmu, apparently). Would be nice if it came though. Felghana is my absolute favorite Falcom game and maybe my favorite action game ever.

Soundtrack is also remastered.

Wait, again? Oath in Felghana's OST is already arranged from Wanderers from Ys'. Or is this just a cheeky way to technically advertise a soundtrack that had already been updated 15 years ago. Jindo's arrangements in Oath are already fucking fantastic (and some of his best work). Last thing I want is Singa butchering Ishikawa and Kawaii's tracks too.

• Thoughtful

manzo

That’s nice, will buy. Our Switch is a dedicated Mario Kart machine, nice to play something else on it every now and then.

NT80

The hardest Ys game I've played. Had to watch some boss fights on YouTube as a tutorial after getting annihilated for several hours and not knowing how I'm supposed to survive.

10/10
This is the only Ys game I've played so far and the bosses seemed quite reminiscent of a Souls game to me. The music is excellent and I saw that it's done by their band.
The Ys games after this look very different. More like the Tales series.

Top Bottom