• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys X: Nordics Western Release Trailer - Fall 2024 (PS4, PS5, PC, Switch)

Looking forward to the western release (will probably pick it day 1 if they do a nice physical deluxe like this one).

81syPjNXUbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ys-x-anime.gif

Last edited:
Goddamn! Earlier than expected.

I’m finally playing through Memories of Celceta in anticipation of immediately following with Monstrum Nox. I just got into this series with Lacrimosa of Dana last year.

Doom_master1122

Neo Member
Ys X is a day 1 for me. Especially if there is a special edition. Can't wait to see Adol's latest adventure.

Huge fan of the series. I await the day they finally give Ys 5 its long deserved attention. The last game to never make it west, and the last game to not have a modern update/upgrade.

StereoVsn

Yeah, looks like this one is more akin to VIII which was pretty great. I was very much underwhelmed by IX and don’t finish that.

DF actually has a video on Ys X graphics which is pretty interesting.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Depending on what releases same time frame I could see this being my first day one with this franchise.

This definitely seems like it’ll be on par with 8 whereas 9 I bounced off in like 3 hours.

StereoVsn

Depending on what releases same time frame I could see this being my first day one with this franchise.

This definitely seems like it’ll be on par with 8 whereas 9 I bounced off in like 3 hours.
Yep, and we know Sony won’t have any games in that time frame and Nintendo is likely gearing up for Switch 2 release.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will double dip for the US physical release.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Hell yeah, I only recently got into this series. Beat Origins last year + VIII around Christmas, and I’m just about at the end of IX.

Any recommendations what to play when I finish IX?

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice!.
Lots of people told me not to expect a western release before 2025, so this is great news.
Definitely picking this one up. IX was a bit underwhelming but this looks more like a return to the style of 8 which was amazing.

I hate how NIS has been using digital soundtracks instead of including a disc. I mean, I am buying the game on disc, clearly I prefer physical media. Screw these mini art books as well. They just show the characters and a few stills. You look at it once, then never again. Either give a full art book or provide an actual manual.

Do it like Monstrum Nox. Come up with a cool name instead of just “deluxe edition”, and include a CD.

Last edited:

SALMORE

my only concern is that the normal difficulty is too easy and the hard is extremely difficult ! just like the previous modren titles

IAmRei

My fave still older 00s era YS, especially origin and OoF. but i see this might be my chance to try modern YS again. Saw the game on last TGS and looks Awesome. The design is also better than 9 which i count as very different approach with the modern ys.

Anyway, as much as i love YS, i dont really like name Adol, its like slang name for little naughty boy in my country : )))

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I haven't watched much in the way of impressions for this yet, but I'm hyped for it nonetheless. I loved VIII and felt IX was merely ok, but Nordics has me excited.

I haven't been able to get into this series and I really want to. Start 9 on PS+ but didn't go long just wasn't in the mood.

MadViking

I haven't been able to get into this series and I really want to. Start 9 on PS+ but didn't go long just wasn't in the mood.
IX isn't that good, especially in the beginning.
VIII is much better and has a great sense of adventure. Memories of Celceta was also quite nice on PSV, but I'm not sure how it would play on a bigger screen, e.g. on a PS4.
Personally I cannot wait for X, it seems to be more similar to VIII and hopefully will be as great or better.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like this one is more akin to VIII which was pretty great. I was very much underwhelmed by IX and don’t finish that.

DF actually has a video on Ys X graphics which is pretty interesting.

I've rewatched this DF video today and I'll have to say that I'm quite impressed with the jump in visual fidelity from Ys VIII & IX.

Definitely gonna go with the PS5 version on this one. The OST looks to be a banger as well. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom