• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Premiering on Nicktoons USA Feb 21, Teaser Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/jIDKAptDU-I
NZDkO2u.jpg
Summary from Wikipedia
The story takes place in the near future place called Paradise City where Leo Corporation creates new advancements to Solid Vision that gives life to Duel Monsters. New advancements to Solid Vision give physical mass to monsters, environments, and allow players to interact directly with them. It also gives birth to challenging Action Duels. Action Duels allow duelists to traverse environments to locate Action Cards to help them in a pinch. The story follows Yuya Sakaki who is a second year middle school student at Paradise City's You Show Duel School. Yuya’s father, Yusho Sakaki, disappeared three years ago when he was scheduled for a Duel against the Action Duel Champion and was deemed as a coward who ran away. To clear his father's name, Yuya faces off against the current Action Duel champion and awakens a new power from his pendant known as Pendulum Summoning.
Season 1 Opening

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I'm surprised this (dubbing the Yu-Gi-Oh anime) is still going on, but I guess they have to if they want to keep selling cards in America. That dub opening still makes me feel weird even if it's appropriate for the target demographic.

That opening actually grew on me quite a lot, although it still has nothing on Believe x Believe.

For those who haven't seen it yet. Arc-V is the best Yugioh series yet.

EPaul

That opening actually grew on me quite a lot, although it still has nothing on Believe x Believe.

For those who haven't seen it yet. Arc-V is the best Yugioh series yet.

Seriously i watched the first few epsiodes and it seemed like the worse. I didn't like the active card thing gimmick does it get better over time?

Fj0823

Seriously i watched the first few epsiodes and it seemed like the worse. I didn't like the active card thing gimmick does it get better over time?

It gets massively better after episode 7. The series has each character use actual strategies and varied combos and card types.

Its not "Everyone uses the new mechanic to win" in the least.

Couple that with a story full of mysteries and twista, a main character who actually loses and learns from it and female characters who are extremely relevant to the plot. YES, I agree it's the best series to date

Unless of course the dub destroys it like it destroyed 5Ds

Edit: Reiji is everything Kaiba should have been.

Basically everything Fj said. Everyone using decks of different types is one of the greatest things about the show. You have Fusion suoning, Synchro summoning, Xyz Summoning, heck, even a little bit of Ritual summoning!

Fj0823

If anyone is interested on the original version's plot. SPOILERS FOR YGO ARCV:
The series starts with Yuya Sakaki being challenged by the current champion of the city, during the duel, he discovers a weird summoning method he calls pendulum summon.

Reiji Akaba, CEO of LEO corp. and director of the Leo duel school (Only place in the world were Fusion, Synchro and Xyz cards can be obtained) takes interest in this summoning method and tries to study it.

the next 6 episode are your usual school life crap with Reijis goons trying to steal yuya's pendulum cards.

Shit hits the fan on episode 8, when a masked guy who looks exactly like Yuya attacks a goon with an Xyz monster LEO corp. has never seen. almost killing him during the duel. Yuzu (yuyas sorta girlfriend) gets legit shook as she witnessed all.

Yuya gets blamed for it and he and his friends are given the option to try and save themselves from the consequences by facing the best duelist from the fusion, synchro and xyz departments of leo school.

The team is barely a match and they manage to get a tie, which leads to Yuya facing Reiji himself. Yuya gets completely wrecked by Reijis ability to fusion, synchro, xyz and pendulum summon with one deck.

after that, Yuya begins to learn fusion summons in the addition to his pendulums. The masked man and his accomplice start attacking every fusion summoning user from LEO school.

They join a tournament where Sora, the fusion player of the team faces one of the accomplice of the masked guy. There, they learn the truth.

The masked guys come from the war torn Xyz dimmension, which was ravaged when the Fusion dimmension invaded and destroyed their main cities. That's why they were targeting all the fusion users from the normal dimmension. they mistakenly thought they were fusion soldiers.

Sora fights him and reveals one last truth...he is the frontrunner for the invasion of the normal dimmension. and while soldiers advance to the arena and start turning most of Yuya's friends into cards. Yuya and Yuzu fight their way to Sora

In the aftermath. Reiji reveals that he has plans for Yuya and his remaining friends against the inaveders...
[Spoilers]

End season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom