• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Links over 25 million downloads

iavi

I DL'd it, played a few matches and loved it, but then FE Heroes consumed me.

I do want to get back. It's a great game. Success well deserved

I love this game. They have given away a TON of gems too so I haven't bought anything and have almost every card I wanted. Got a few of my friends into it too who were casual players years ago.

xzeldax3

Great game. The slimmed down field and other rules make games go by fast. I just wish it had asynchrous multiplayer.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats - its really a great adaption. If i had more time and were younger i would be all over this. Crazy that it took them so long for a Yu-Gi-Oh game that can be played by everyone.

Tunoku

Really impressive number!

Looking forward to when WotC figures this shit out and puts out a good MtG app on phones in 2037.

Kouriozan

Well damn, for once we get a good Yu-Gi-Oh! game on mobile!
I'm logging in every day to collect the gifts and waiting for more content personally.

Like most gacha games, I'm wondering how many are those are just rerolled accounts.

Would be kind of pointless imo given how easy it is to get gems in this game. Not to mention that for the booster pack each time you get one the cards you get are removed from the pool, so there's a very finite amount of packs you need to get before you get every card in the pool which is actually outright listed. You also wouldn't be able to get enough good cards with the initial amount for it to be worthwhile

Success

Love the game.
It really captures the game of Yu-Gi-Oh and it makes the games simple and fast.

Normal Yu-Gi-Oh is SUPER complicated and complex. You need to know cards and match ups. You can't casual normal Yu-Gi-Oh.

This is why this game is such a treat. It is fast and simple.

Infinite

Downloaded the game and deleted it after an hour last night. I just wanna play cards with a decent deck but it seems like it's a grind to get to that point. Of course you can pay real money but I rather play the actual game at that point

Downloaded the game and deleted it after an hour last night. I just wanna play cards with a decent deck but it seems like it's a grind to get to that point. Of course you can pay real money but I rather play the actual game at that point

Getting a half decent deck really doesn't take that long though, especially if you abuse auto duel for normal duelists

Ok give it another shot. Any more tips?

Easiest half decent deck to make at the start is a magician one imo since Yami Yugi's first skill gives automatic yami field card which powers them up, and there are plenty of easily available spellcaster cards in packs

The age of discovery booster pack also has a lot of good cards for a water deck, which can be fantastic once you unlock Mako and get the umi setting ability

Success

I thought the same as you but after 3 hours of play I had a deck that got me to Rank 3 gold in multiplayer. Getting a decent deck is insanely easy if you have prior Yu-Gi-Oh experience.

If you are a new to Yu-Gi-Oh then read a guide.

Skyo

Nicee, been on it since day 1 and still enjoying it during my commutes. With all the gems they're giving out, u can make some decent decks.

Feel free to add me: 543-570-983 :p

Infinite

I thought the same as you but after 3 hours of play I had a deck that got me to Rank 3 gold in multiplayer. Getting a decent deck is insanely easy if you have prior Yu-Gi-Oh experience.

If you are a new to Yu-Gi-Oh then read a guide.
Oh I'm intimately with yugioh lol

Kouriozan

Love the game.
It really captures the game of Yu-Gi-Oh and it makes the games simple and fast.

Normal Yu-Gi-Oh is SUPER complicated and complex. You need to know cards and match ups. You can't casual normal Yu-Gi-Oh.

This is why this game is such a treat. It is fast and simple.

There is XYZ, Synchro and even Pendulum in this game's files, it's going to progressively get more complex
(interesting for me)
See here : https://www.reddit.com/r/DuelLinks/comments/5r3aj0/so_xyz_and_synchro_are_eventually_going_to_be/

True Fire

What a horrible game. Simple doesn't equal good, especially when very basic gameplay mechanics are stripped out. I understood this game when I was 7 years old, there's no excuse.

I downloaded it just before FE:Heroes, which took all of my mobile gaming time up. I'm gonna get back to it, it's actually a pretty good game.

bigkrev

I had fun for a week with the app, but once it came time to acutally build my own deck with the hundreds of different cards I had, I quit. They did a GREAT job of making a mobile game though, with a really nice UI

Now at over 30 million
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. announces that today the mobile game "Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS" released on the App Store and Google Play on Thursday, November 17th, was downloaded over 30 million times. As a token of our gratitude, special promotion will be released.
FqeOXpB.png

Top Bottom