• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YuGiOh Legacy of the duelist PS4 tournament (with story deck side event)

I think cow goes moo wins with one and a tie well feel like I did okay with the second round once I figured out how your cards worked Edit we can try one more time

Miracle

Lost 2-0 to Skullhydra in story deck tournament.

GOD DAMN THAT MISPLAY IN GAME 1! Fucking kicking myself for that one. :(

Lost 2-0 to Skullhydra in story deck tournament.

GOD DAMN THAT MISPLAY IN GAME 1! Fucking kicking myself for that one. :(

Yeah man, that was rough. If you hadn't have picked the one you did, I don't know if I would've been able to come back at all. Good game though.

I think I like the Story Deck tournament even more than the main one. Everyone using lower tier decks that don't get much play against each other like this is so much fun. I want to add it to every tournament we have! Good idea, Aaronrules!

Yeah man, that was rough. If you hadn't have picked the one you did, I don't know if I would've been able to come back at all. Good game though.

I think I like the Story Deck tournament even more than the main one. Everyone using lower tier decks that don't get much play against each other like this is so much fun. I want to add it to every tournament we have! Good idea, Aaronrules!
Can't really take all the credit, since it came from me modifying a suggestion for an anime deck based tournament from fj0823

RE_Player

Even though I only won one match to lose again in the losing bracket this was fun. Perhaps next time we can do the whole anime theme deck. Maybe even give everyone a character from the anime randomly and they have a couple days to construct a deck with that character's main cards or theme in it. Maybe even make everyone throw a couple bucks in the pot. I don't think I'll be able to supply all the prizes again if we do this another time and I do think it adds to the fun.

Fj0823

That's a really great idea.

and a good to either help people get into the awesome new series, or force then to suffer Gx and Zexal if only a little.

:)

RE_Player

That's a really great idea.

and a good to either help people get into the awesome new series, or force then to suffer Gx and Zexal if only a little.

:)
I'll take GX over Zexal any day of the week. Yeah it didn't add much in terms of core game mechanics but it had its moments and the last season when Jaden grew the fuck up was pretty good.

macklelol

Lost 2-0 to Boogiepop! GG!

I had no chance game 1, that Jigabyte I played was literally the first monster I had that game.

I probably could've made something happen in game 2, but I dunno. I played pretty bad and you had me locked down at the end.

Fj0823

I'll take GX over Zexal any day of the week. Yeah it didn't add much in terms of core game mechanics but it had its moments and the last season when Jaden grew the fuck up was pretty good.

I can agree with this, however,Zexal's Barian Arc got so good, right before they killed it with that amazingly stupid plot twist/character assasinations

macklelol

Clearly I should've stuck to playing Worms again lol

Played Chain Burn in my first game and got wrecked and played Familiar-Possessed in my second game and got wrecked. Fun.

The reason I decided against a straight anime deck tournament was because I wasn't sure exactly how I would be able to judge whether a deck qualified, short of having everyone reveal their entire deck beforehand. I guess if I got an impartial judge who wasn't competing it might have worked (would probably have had to be fj0823 from those here). And the idea of randomly selecting who uses what seems dangerous because some characters just have flat out shitty decks. It might work if we restricted it to a specific anime series. An Arc-V based tournament could be really cool, but we'd have to use YGO pro, since very few Arc-V archetypes are in the base game, and most of those that are are locked behind dlc

I'm kind of happy losers isnt progressing as fast as winners side because I could use the break, last couple matches have had me almost on tilt.

Boogiepop

Lost 2-1 to SirAndroidTV. Now that I'm officially out: I was playing Madolche. I actually didn't have a chance to even test my deck once before the tournament, just had a barely tweaked version of someone else's list from the internet, and I was learning as I went along. So I'm definitely satisfied that I got as far as I did! And as an added plus, I really, really like the deck!

Also, how the heck do you use your side-deck between matches? I didn't know in advance (actually activated a 2 day PS+ trial to play online for the first time for this tourney), and I didn't see any prompts. There's no guarantee it would've made a difference, but I really wish I could've used it for that last match, as I wanted to slot in some cards from there. But oh well, may as well use that as a learning experience! IE, learn how to use the game before entering a tournament!

Lost 2-1 to SirAndroidTV. Now that I'm officially out: I was playing Madolche. I actually didn't have a chance to even test my deck once before the tournament, just had a barely tweaked version of someone else's list from the internet, and I was learning as I went along. So I'm definitely satisfied that I got as far as I did! And as an added plus, I really, really like the deck!

Also, how the heck do you use your side-deck between matches? I didn't know in advance (actually activated a 2 day PS+ trial to play online for the first time for this tourney), and I didn't see any prompts. There's no guarantee it would've made a difference, but I really wish I could've used it for that last match, as I wanted to slot in some cards from there. But oh well, may as well use that as a learning experience! IE, learn how to use the game before entering a tournament!
It's pretty easy to miss, but as soon as you finish the duel you have to press square. In the results screen.

you have to press the square (I think, might've been circle) on the screen right after the round ends. You'll see a prompt to swap cards. You get very little time to do so

Boogiepop

It's pretty easy to miss, but as soon as you finish the duel you have to press square. In the results screen.

Ah, dang. Well, now I know for next time! Also, good luck in the rest of the tournament, everyone! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, as well as some match uploads!

I used madolche in the last tournament and it was my first time, I also fell in love with the deck its so fun. Also as Rrongfield said you have to press square between the matches.

Ah, dang. Well, now I know for next time! Also, good luck in the rest of the tournament, everyone! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, as well as some match uploads!

Do I just have to double tap share before starting a match to record it. I somehow managed to grab the entire last game of my last match except my first turn and little of Rrongfields but how would I just record the whole thing so I can at least record grand finals.

Do I just have to double tap share before starting a match to record it. I somehow managed to grab the entire last game of my last match except my first turn and little of Rrongfields but how would I just record the whole thing so I can at least record grand finals.
I also recorded parts of the first and second. I think.

macklelol

You can only save the last 15 minutes of gameplay, so if you have a duel longer than that you'll either just lose the first few turns or you'll have to keep track and save multiple clips. It's pretty annoying.

I kind of figured. I hope I can get to the final round and see your deck myself.

Also, on the note of the final round, I feel the need to say that if the final round goes to set 2 (The first match of 3 is won by the loser's bracket winner) both players have the ability to switch to their second deck if they so choose, since this is now between matches.

I'll throw out there that I turned off the music for all my recordings so that it's easier to edit out dead air (i.e. player thinking time, lag, etc) without hearing the edit points for a better viewing experience.

No I'm using the other deck I used when we first were testing decks when the game was only a few days out

Ah, if that's the one I'm thinking of, I can see how you got that far.

and checked, and yeah, it is. Not that it changes anything if I face you. I already have my main and reserve decks planned

Ah, if that's the one I'm thinking of, I can see how you got that far.

and checked, and yeah, it is. Not that it changes anything if I face you. I already have my main and reserve decks planned

I figured from something you said earlier at least one of the decks you were using was the one I played against or some variant of it

I figured from something you said earlier at least one of the decks you were using was the one I played against or some variant of it

Yeah, my main deck I've been using is a tweaked version of my Shadoll twilight deck. It's largely similar, but I've added new cards to it, and changed the amounts of certain cards. As for my other, it might have a bit easier time against what you're using, but I've decided that if I do make it to grand finals, I won't pull it unless I win the first match, since I otherwise would have used my Shadoll deck for sure

Top Bottom