• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Wow, game is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm only on the
Buckingham
mission but I just lost my first person and then my second only lasted 11 minutes. Didn't realize I could be infected with health. Thought I had to lose it all.

Oh God, I was literally shaking my arms in nervousness when coming from the super market back to the safe house (CCTV #2). Crazy ass game, I love it @_@

I had to throw a flare down to distract the horde coming after me. Part 3 of my playthrough should be up soon and it's intense!

njean777

So I think my game glitched. I am on the super market part and scanned the first box, but it is telling me to enter the supermarket on the mission objectives. I was already there and scanned the box in the lower part of the super market. Am I missing something or did my game just glitch and I cannot progress?

Just beat it.

Huh.

Great experience and a solid foundation for a sequel. My girl Pheobe, the 5th survivor, went on a tear the last half. Score of 10k So far.

Fake edit: epilogue!

ElRenoRaven

So I think my game glitched. I am on the super market part and scanned the first box, but it is telling me to enter the supermarket on the mission objectives. I was already there and scanned the box in the lower part of the super market. Am I missing something or did my game just glitch and I cannot progress?

So you scanned the one outside and then the one inside?

There's another one outside the supermarket you're still missing.

Ridley327

Man, this game really finds ways of making you feel smart.

I had figured that there was going to be an ambush leading into the office in Buckingham Palace, so it was nice to see the little hidden passage that lets you get onto the scaffolding above the pack of zombies, allowing you to do fun things like the old "flare, then Molotov" trick to get them all at once. Same thing goes for that one chokepoint in the garage of the Black Lane housing building, where those zombies keep going up the one set of boxes, allowing you to push them off to get some room and some free hits in.

Also, ZOMBIE RAVE

I'm back in Buckingham now, en route to deliver the second book. Needless to say, this game is really goddamn good.

I need some help if anyone on here can.

I clicked the radio tower icon on the left-middle side of the gamepad, and accidentally said no to what it asked (apparently, something about the online functionality, miiverse, notifications and so on). So now, whenever I click on the radio tower icon, it shows me a "Notifications" screen that is always empty.

I'm wondering if there's any way for me to change this setting. I've even started a new save file to no avail.

Don't really remember too well, but I think the game asked you if you want other players to roam your world once they get infected.

Im thinking about getting this but Im kinda worried about the melee combat.

It just looks like wacking zombies with a cricket bat over and over and over.

Are there any other melee weapons like in Dead Island?
Like knives, swords, poles, wood, etc....

Fistwell

im talking about the depth of the melee fighting,how many melee movements and weapons zombie u have? because dead island got that right,weapons,movement ( also free movement) weapons break,etc etc
One 100% with you on that, dead island melee combat in analog mode was spectacular (subtle, strategic, satisfying, diverse).

All that chatter before launch about this being like Dark Souls... So....., is it?

Tempted with this, loved the fixed point Resi's, SH, Condemned, Alone in the Dark (original) and of course Dark Souls :D

Kevtones

All that chatter before launch about this being like Dark Souls... So....., is it?

Tempted with this, loved the fixed point Resi's, SH, Condemned, Alone in the Dark (original) and of course Dark Souls :D

It's closer to Dark Souls than any of the other games you listed. Very worth it.

Need more friends playing ZombiU before I really get into it:

NNID: Teknoman.

Add me!

DoctorWhoGAF. I won't start playing until tomorrow night (away from home... away from my Wii U).

Does having a lot of friends really make a difference in this game. Finally got my copy.

I have seven Wii U games in a matter of a week. Crazy.

Malvingt2

God guys
I got killed in from of the palace when you get invaded by a huge amount of zombies
How should I escape that spot?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Add me!

DoctorWhoGAF. I won't start playing until tomorrow night (away from home... away from my Wii U).

Does having a lot of friends really make a difference in this game. Finally got my copy.

I have seven Wii U games in a matter of a week. Crazy.

You'll probably end up seeing more survivor zombies, which gives potential for finding a lot more useful items. I just found a survivor zombie stocked with flares, ammo and healing items I wouldn't have otherwise.

Clockwork

I don't understand how some of you folks are saying this looks like early 360/PS3 fare from a graphics standpoint. I mean seriously, someone even called this out as a high res Wii game.

I truly think there is some revisionist history going on.

This game looks fantastic.

Rootbeer

Banned
Visually I think it looks "okay" but I think it's helped a lot by the fact it's so, so dark most of the time it hides a lot of the flaws in the environment, which looks pretty bad in points for a 2012 game. The zombies look pretty good though.

Soul Beat

Is there any way to have two save files under the normal difficulty? My sister wants to give the game a try but she doesn't want to play in Survival mode.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I don't understand how some of you folks are saying this looks like early 360/PS3 fare from a graphics standpoint. I mean seriously, someone even called this out as a high res Wii game.

Environments and art style are fantastic. It's the character models and textures that look suspect at times.

Honestly though, who cares? The game works in spades and that's good enough for me.

Man, this game really finds ways of making you feel smart.

I had figured that there was going to be an ambush leading into the office in Buckingham Palace, so it was nice to see the little hidden passage that lets you get onto the scaffolding above the pack of zombies, allowing you to do fun things like the old "flare, then Molotov" trick to get them all at once. Same thing goes for that one chokepoint in the garage of the Black Lane housing building, where those zombies keep going up the one set of boxes, allowing you to push them off to get some room and some free hits in.

Also, ZOMBIE RAVE

I'm back in Buckingham now, en route to deliver the second book. Needless to say, this game is really goddamn good.
I actually motion sensed them and went on the top floor. I didn't know of the alternate way so I was about to distract them with the pistol when two of them came out and started falling over each other in a kinda funny way. One of them eventually went into the safe route and the other went back in the bad route so thats how I knew where to go lol.

I went through the third spitter part until the return to the safe house with one survivor. Distracted four zombies at the same area one by one in the area before the fire with shooting each one with one pistol shot and having them follow me into the doorway. Incredible.

I was gonna spoil the ending since I thought I would never beat this game since I'm usually not into these types of games, but I've gotten through a good portion already and now I am full on with beating it! :D

Why is there a white line on the bottom of the controller screen when playing the game, it goes away in menus and cut scenes. Anyone else have this problem

Game is pretty good so far. Just left the palace and delivered what I needed to, on my way to retrieve a second item. I've only died twice so far - first time on the safe house raid because I backed up into a wall like an idiot, and second time in front of the palace. I killed all but one zombie in the horde, got too brave, and got eaten. It shouldn't have happened but I got cocky. :(

I've been playing it smarter since, and been doing pretty damn well so far if I may say so myself. Loving my silenced pistol. :)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
it's probably been asked before but...are there NPCs in this game?

please keep it as non-spoilerish as possible :(

Eusis

Is there any way to have two save files under the normal difficulty? My sister wants to give the game a try but she doesn't want to play in Survival mode.
Make a separate User on the Wii U and see if she can play under that user. That's part of why everyone wanted Nintendo to embrace accounts... though that one does have the problem of some games not giving a damn (NSMBU and Nintendoland).

Sanctuary

In case you didn't know, there's a difference between graphics and aesthetics. This game has some downright ugly graphics at times and too many compressed textures.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/graphics-vs.-aesthetics

This game doesn't really seem to do either well, unless you consider atmosphere an aesthetic; at which point this game excels.

Blades64

Banned
I dont think I have the balls to play this game. Generally not into horror anything, but this game just looks so interesting to me...

Is anyone having issues finding weapons after a second death? I've lost two survivors now and the game is supposed to randomly disperse some of the "lost" weapons back into the world. If I look at the CCTV feeds, I see the carbine a pond other items listed in certain areas but when I go to scavenge for the, - I can't find them. I comb the shit out of these areas too! Any clue?

DrSnaz

Neo Member
I asked on twitter for a date of the announced ZombiU demo. Here the answer:

41130.jpg

Source

Top Bottom