• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

IrishNinja

aw man i found molotovs (lost in the shuffle) but no land mines yet, that would've made a difference right there

Yes, make sure you save at least
two flares and two cocktails, and save them for when they are absolutely necessary. There are two spots where they help out immenesely.

okay, going back to the grocery store then!

If you just run around to the right (outside of the safe house) there's a small crawl space - I just lured them all there while they crawled and insta-killed them one by one.

dammit i was looking for something like that, tried funneling them in a doorway but they bumrushed. good call.

Sanctuary

There are two land mines inside the locker right next to the bed in the safe house.

Yeah, but good luck using them during combat. Those are rather premeditated or require a flare. They also typically only hit 1-2 enemies instead of the 3-4 that you would need them for in the first place.

I'm gearing up for what I'm pretty sure is the final run for the end of the game, then I'm gonna start another go-round. Would love to have more gaffers on my list with the game - feel free to add me. NID is CaptainNTenneal.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I'm gearing up for what I'm pretty sure is the final run for the end of the game, then I'm gonna start another go-round. Would love to have more gaffers on my list with the game - feel free to add me. NID is CaptainNTenneal.

BlkVlt myself! I don't die often though, well let me rephrase... if I die you don't want to find me :(

Effect

I don't use landmines myself - flares + grenades + molotovs is the way to go.

I've only used a grenade once but can we cook the grenades(even though that's insanely risky)?

@Sanctuary

Thanks. Was wondering if anyone had actually spent points and unlocked it. Curious as to what the mode is like and if it could be done solo.

Sanctuary

I've only used a grenade once but can we cook the grenades(even though that's insanely risky)?

Never tried, but don't believe so since the first time you pick one up The Prepper specifically states that after you release the pin and count to three that they will explode. I did try to see if I could disarm an active mine though; can't.

I don't use landmines myself - flares + grenades + molotovs is the way to go.

I love landmines, especially for some big groups. I usually put one down on the floor, go away and throw the flare where the mine is, zombie like fireworks, especially when they are part of the show :D

Best thing that happened to me so far (and it wasn't planned, just a quick reaction), was when I opened the door to a small room (size of a closet) and there was a zombie right by the door, wasn't prepared for this so I pushed him inside, threw a grenade and closed the door lol

This game is just too awesome :)

Sanctuary

I love landmines, especially for some big groups. I usually put one down on the floor, go away and throw the flare where the mine is, zombie like fireworks, especially when they are part of the show :D

That's how they would work in theory. In practice that's almost never the case. You lay a mine down, then toss a flare and not all of them congregate at the same speed--they are not all the same distance away. So what happens in almost all cases is that one will reach the flare before the rest, and the mine blows up and only hits the first, second and sometimes third if you're lucky. Then you're still stuck trying to finish off the last two. In almost every scenario the flare + grenade does what you wanted the mine to do without fail, because the flare typically lasts long enough to allow you to wait for them all to group up. The same thing applies to the molotov's, but they don't hurt riot zombies, where the grenades do. This game taught me that someone in a full body kevlar suit is completely impervious to flames!

There's a single part of the game where
the mines were invaluable. But that's probably because that's also the only mass kill device that you were given.

I've found the best method to use mines for myself is to throw the flare ahead of time, let them all group up, and while they are shuffling towards the flare, place a mine a few feet away. Then walk backwards from the mine so when the flare runs out, they all start walking towards you and run smack dab into it.

Jarsonot

First of all fuck this game..so scary. Second of all antonz, y u give me nothing but a flare?!

Dammit. First death, pretty early on, at the
part with the mounted gun, on way to Buckingham.

I had a corpse right by the gun, ran to go get some more ammo, got back just in time to start shooting, but "opened" the corpse loot box instead. Took a second to figure it out. A second I didn't have. =)

First of all fuck this game..so scary. Second of all antonz, y u give me nothing but a flare?!
Haha. I killed someone's zombie last night (don't remember who) and they had four or five flares and a couple medpacks. I have hella medpacks. I needed bullets. Was annoying.

BlkVlt myself! I don't die often though, well let me rephrase... if I die you don't want to find me :(

I (Spacehawg) found you tonight outside the tower of London... your were at about 3240 pts I think. Must have been a heartbreaker.
Lots of goodies on ya, thanks for those :)

Sanctuary

I've found the best method to use mines for myself is to throw the flare ahead of time, let them all group up, and while they are shuffling towards the flare, place a mine a few feet away. Then walk backwards from the mine so when the flare runs out, they all start walking towards you and run smack dab into it.

That's actually how you have to do it
in one particular sequence of the game
. It's just that the majority of the time you're stuck in areas that have obstacles blocking the herd. So even if you managed to group them up prior to setting the mine, they still somewhat funnel out upon reaching it.

How many people are actually playing Survivor mode? I already finished Normal days ago (which should have just been done with Survivor mode anyway) and all that's left on this ID is my current Survivor game. Unless I want to delete the Normal mode game, but where's the fun in that? I'm asking just because adding a bunch of IDs won't really give any tangible results if most people are playing on a specific mode that some are not. I'm also not sure if you even spawn an infected survivor for other people to kill when doing Survivor.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
XXX infected has appeared in the Safe House.

I know what part you're all dying at, and you're all shit.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member

I think this was me....

I lost my first survivor of the game after two hours play. When the new survivor woke up the safe house was under attack. I really really struggled defending the safe house with just the bat and 6 bullets.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Lmao I died there a few times. About to request you now.

Mistle

Haha I noticed that, and I'm sure I'm guilty too.

EloquentM had no loot! Mr.Pointy gave me a good refill however.
And somebody must have found me before I found... me. Who's guilty of taking all my stuff?

Sanctuary

Haha I noticed that, and I'm sure I'm guilty too.

EloquentM had no loot! Mr.Pointy gave me a good refill however.
And somebody must have found me before I found... me. Who's guilty of taking all my stuff?

I had so hoped that they would have had some kind of indicator on who had looted you. Maybe they didn't do it due to privacy issues or something, but they could have at least allowed your contacts/friends names to appear.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I had so hoped that they would have had some kind of indicator on who had looted you. Maybe they didn't do it due to privacy issues or something, but they could have at least allowed your contacts/friends names to appear.
Hopefully they do so in the sequel.

oatmeal

Banned
That fucking nursery. Made it through and then get bombarded outside, door hacks and as I'm running for it, acid spit hits me and kills me.

I'm off to save some bitches.

oatmeal

Banned
A ways.

My fucking lord was saving the girls insane. That shit was straight out of the first Chronicles of Riddick game mixed with Batman AA.

If you die there what happens???

gah, the mother of all fetch quests. I don't know if I can bothered to do it. I'm enjoying it greatly though, but this fetch quest is going to be the death of me.

What you mean? I get notifications saying that my survivor was killed by whomever it even tells what location. You can even review the history by using that WiFi button on the interface on the gamepad.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've only lost one survivor and just got that message earlier today. The survivor thing is weird. I frequently get "XXX infected has appeared in YYY", but rarely is there anyone actually there. And in a few cases I've ran into infected friends that were never reported.

Anywho, pretty shitty I've had one death so far, as it was a really, really stupid one. Early on, heading to the supermarket, crawling infected. Saw the "press ZR to finish it" prompt but for whatever reason wanted to aim at the infected manually. Grappled, bitten, dead.

Since then I've managed to keep my lady survivor alive. Currently
seeking John Dee's letters and heading to the military stockpile
. Pistols is fully upgraded, and the skill is about two kills away from maxing out at four. Shotguns/rifles both at one I think, each upgraded a little. It's been pretty manageable so far. It's very easy to take on single zombies with a bat, and if you play conservatively with ammo you'll usually have enough to spare when shit hits the fan.

Dunkelgrau

How can you leave messages to other players? I have read that you have to push and hold the B button – but that does not work. Than I have read, that you need a spray – but I could not find any. So, how does this system work?

@EatChildren: Can I have youre Nintendo-ID, please? :)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I (Spacehawg) found you tonight outside the tower of London... your were at about 3240 pts I think. Must have been a heartbreaker.
Lots of goodies on ya, thanks for those :)

That one was my worst death, I had survived 2 full areas (one of which I forgot to take a medpack and literally hung on by animal meat) to blow MYSELF up (and there weren't even zombies around :( )

The other ones are mostly "Oh ha-ha look a swarm of 10 zombies, I'll just grab my SHIT THEY SAW ME"

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I've only lost one survivor and just got that message earlier today. The survivor thing is weird. I frequently get "XXX infected has appeared in YYY", but rarely is there anyone actually there. And in a few cases I've ran into infected friends that were never reported.

Anywho, pretty shitty I've had one death so far, as it was a really, really stupid one. Early on, heading to the supermarket, crawling infected. Saw the "press ZR to finish it" prompt but for whatever reason wanted to aim at the infected manually. Grappled, bitten, dead.

. Pistols is fully upgraded, and the skill is about two kills away from maxing out at four. Shotguns/rifles both at one I think, each upgraded a little. It's been pretty manageable so far. It's very easy to take on single zombies with a bat, and if you play conservatively with ammo you'll usually have enough to spare when shit hits the fan.

It is most recent deaths not most recent to spawn in your world

Holy crap that's fast. You been marathoning or something? The system's been out for like 3 days in AUS!

Final stretch as of last night for me, definitely finish my first run through this weekend.

Probably in my top 5 launch titles ever.

Nooooooo...

Lost my survivor in Buckingham while looking for the doctor after the queen's quarters. Thought, "to hell with it. I'll just run straight through." Got about 10 zombies after me, lit up a flare and short threw my grenade. I was cornered on a staircase and started backing up landing a respectable amount of headshots with the assault rifle. Still had 4 after me so I ran the rest of the way up the stairs...where an electric zombie meets me. Dead.

Wondering if I should scavenge for ammo and guns...or make a suicide run with a flare, pistol and a single molotov.

Anyone else having this annoying problem?
I can't post images on Miiverse from ZombiU nor does it show the little icon that I own the game. I tried other games, and all of them work just fine.
My NNID is boris_feinbrand. add me

FStop7

Banned

I just went through this. I got killed in a scripted sequence, lost all my stuff, and the safehouse immediately came under attack when I respawned with nothing. I died maybe 10 times before I finally cleared the place out. That was kind of shitty. But I guess it happens to a lot of people based on the responses I got to a post on Miiverse about it.

ZombiU is what I've wanted out of an Aliens game. Lone colonist, trapped, trying to escape a planet overrun by xenomorphs, occasionally having to defend the saferoom against attacks, under guidance from an unknown benefactor (possibly a colonial marine, or an android, someone from Weyland-Yutani, etc.) Also reminds me of System Shock 2 and Bioshock in some ways.

That one was my worst death, I had survived 2 full areas (one of which I forgot to take a medpack and literally hung on by animal meat) to blow MYSELF up (and there weren't even zombies around :( )

The other ones are mostly "Oh ha-ha look a swarm of 10 zombies, I'll just grab my SHIT THEY SAW ME"

Well, the place I found you was the same place I previously died. I thought I could jump down into the water from the pier. Nope. Dead. Fuck!

If you want decent loot from noobs,
Victoria Memorial might be a good place. Just saw two zombified players that had ammo and health packs.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member

I ran into your Zombi at that location. I got some fantastic swag from it.

I am really attached to my 30 year old vicar who seems a little crazy when he swings the cricket bat.

olimpia84

Meh, hit a glitch when I reached the
Tower of London
. My character died so I was on my way back to recover my loot, killed a zombie and pressed X to loot his body and I couldn't get out of that backpack searching animation =/

Looks like I went a little overkill with my ammo and weapons stockpiling, I had plenty left over when the credits rolled
and after, and I escaped with the panacea.

Final survivor score for the one who made it was just over 11,600, and I'm now ranked 81st. Burned through 15 survivors until I was at a good place within the game with familiarity and skills.

The question now becomes do I go through another round of Normal mode and see how well I do with my general skills/knowledge of the game or jump into survivor and play for keeps? Hmmmm.

Top Bottom