• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Official Launch Trailer (ft. Animal Soul by AURORA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

gokurho

Happy Birthday GIF by yobegrafika

Hyped

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nice stuff, but I'm not that impressed technically as every shot seems to be either single character with detailed background, or 2-3 character with the background bokeh'd out into an impressionistic blur.

The fact that the fucking launch trailer includes maybe 15 seconds of slowed down footage of actual gameplay tells me all I need to know.

And look, I actually really liked Hellblade 1, but I still don't understand why it's getting a sequel. Wasn't nearly everything in Part 1 all in Senua's head? She had this family history of mental disorders, had an abusive father, her boyfriend was killed and she then had some sort of mental breakdown as a result. But my interpretation was that in the game, she was working through all of it. I didn't think there was much of a world or story outside of Senua dealing with her own mental state. Or was my interpretation totally off base?

Last edited:
The fact that the fucking launch trailer includes maybe 15 seconds of slowed down footage of actual gameplay tells me all I need to know.

And look, I actually really liked Hellblade 1, but I still don't understand why it's getting a sequel. Wasn't nearly everything in Part 1 all in Senua's head? She had this family history of mental disorders, had an abusive father, her boyfriend was killed and she then had some sort of mental breakdown as a result. But my interpretation was that in the game, she was working through all of it. I didn't think there was much of a world or story outside of Senua dealing with her own mental state. Or was my interpretation totally off base?

Thank Greenberg and his marketing video later.

Thank Greenberg and his marketing video later.

Oh my god. What the fuck. So they're implying everything in Hellblade 1 really happened (despite everything in game saying otherwise) and schizophrenia is a super power? Fuck all of this.

Also this still fails to set up a story a conflict or anything for part 2.

Last edited:

solidus12

Unrelated, but watching this, made me wish for a sequel to the Order 1886 on PS5.

I’ve already got the plat for the first Hellblade, will definitely play the second one if it gets released on PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom