• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

SSfox

Looks like they redesigned the Pyro archon based off of the old rumor (new on right). Looks like they got rid of the Fontaine-esque frills and exposed some more skin, gave a tattoo. More in line with what I wanted. I remain hopeful.
5dwwvkdpuc2d1.jpeg

New better than old, still can be improved tho

Nankatsu

Got Calcharo from Novice banner.

I want to go for Jiyan but the upcoming Yinlin is really good with Calcharo.

Choose Which One GIF by Susanne Lamb

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Need WuWa advice. Just downloaded the game on my PC. Who to pull for, what to do etc. Any info appreciated.
The only really "bad" 5* character is that furry boy. I got Encore as my random guaranteed 5* and she's really strong. Anyways, after you roll the first 50 on the starter banner, it turns into a new banner where you can pick a target. People are saying to roll for the little blonde healer girl if you care about meta. Sometime today (due to all the launch fuckups), they're giving out another 5* selector ticket, separate from the selector banner, so pick whoever you like. It's not like you can brick your account. I rolled that wind monk lady in the beta when I played, and liked her a lot. She's kinda like Venti+Zhongli mixed up into one character and then nerfed a bit. She has a shield, heals, and her ult groups up small enemies. While she's creating the shield, she also makes a big AoE dammage bubble which is great for mopping up groups of little enemies. She was my primary target when I started this time.

Best advice is level your Union level (Similar to Genhin's AR level) as fast as possible to start getting access to the Resin (forget this game's name for it, stamina basically) dump. If you don't know what to grind, I'd recommend the skillup/weapon ascension dungeon since it seems to be my bottleneck about 15 hours in, but until you get that unlocked, xp/money is always a safe dump and it's one of the first things you unlock. Also, after you have explored some regions, go talk to the girl near the north gate of the town with the black icon on the map. She rewards you stuff for exploration progress and the first thing you unlock is a chest finder utility. It's better than Genshin's compass because you can deploy 3 drones and they will permanently mark the chests in a big radius until you recover the drone. Makes some of the harder to find chests easy.

Dregnel

Need WuWa advice. Just downloaded the game on my PC. Who to pull for, what to do etc. Any info appreciated.
Verina is meta, we don't have enough healers but you will get a free ticket selector just pick whatever you want.
I'm using my pulls on the permanent weapon banner because I know I tend to have bad luck and I'm going to lose the 50/50 but is not a bad idea after getting a 5* star character.

if you have a mid pc with 3060 you won't have any problem with this game and i have 60fps.
I recommend to read the story is not super good but is not as bad as the people are talking about, it gets better with time once you understand those terminologies.
Japanese VA recommended.
you will get 20 free limited Yellow orbs today, i have 47, I started playing yesterday.
The chests are not super abundant but they give 10-20 primos.
Combat is the best part of this game, parry are cool.

This game is much better than ToF not as good as genshin but still is a decent game to play while you are waiting for natlan.
If you want to have some fun avoid reddit it's full of kids fighting.

Nankatsu

Looks like 4.8 new 5* is Emelie, the Fontaine perfumer girl leaked last year sometime. She's 5* Dendro Polearm user and likely some sort of Burn reaction attacker since her signature polearm has ATK and buffs Burn damage.
i-think-emilie-will-be-a-4-dog-girl-potentially-coming-in-4-v0-t33qcez4s0wc1.jpeg

What a horrible design lol.

For people playing Wuthering Waves drop your friend codes here, since the coop in the game actually makes sense. It's easier to grind for echoes if you coop.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Ballsy of Hoyo to release a new character in 4.8. I'd assume most players will skip to prepare for Natlan.

Burning is not very exciting to me, so it depends on whether they're able to make her interactions with that reaction fun. An off-field buffer seems really boring to me, as that'd restrict her to with melt teams. Her signature weapon supposedly has some Crit Rate on it though, so I hope that means she can go on-field too. If she can use Jade Winged-Spear, that would be perfect.

Pejo

Gold Member
Ballsy of Hoyo to release a new character in 4.8. I'd assume most players will skip to prepare for Natlan.

Burning is not very exciting to me, so it depends on whether they're able to make her interactions with that reaction fun. An off-field buffer seems really boring to me, as that'd restrict her to with melt teams. Her signature weapon supposedly has some Crit Rate on it though, so I hope that means she can go on-field too. If she can use Jade Winged-Spear, that would be perfect.
For me I hope she adds a mechanic to Burning to allow multiple vapes without removing the Pyro/Burn effect Like if you want to use Neuvi/Childe/etc and vape more often than currently possible.

That's the only way I'll pull her. We currently don't have any way to apply Pyro that doesn't immediately get eaten by a vape, this could be a good niche for her.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
For me I hope she adds a mechanic to Burning to allow multiple vapes without removing the Pyro/Burn effect Like if you want to use Neuvi/Childe/etc and vape more often than currently possible.

That's the only way I'll pull her. We currently don't have any way to apply Pyro that doesn't immediately get eaten by a vape, this could be a good niche for her.
Sounds kinda OP. Especially when Neuvi is already broken in his current state. It makes more sense to me to make her a support for the many Pyro characters we'd expect in Natlan. Fontaine kicked off with a Pyro DPS though, so perhaps we'll see a Hydro DPS in Natlan who will work with Burning.

Edit: Emilie is said to be a dog girl.

XSoLzQA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
The only really "bad" 5* character is that furry boy. I got Encore as my random guaranteed 5* and she's really strong. Anyways, after you roll the first 50 on the starter banner, it turns into a new banner where you can pick a target. People are saying to roll for the little blonde healer girl if you care about meta. Sometime today (due to all the launch fuckups), they're giving out another 5* selector ticket, separate from the selector banner, so pick whoever you like. It's not like you can brick your account. I rolled that wind monk lady in the beta when I played, and liked her a lot. She's kinda like Venti+Zhongli mixed up into one character and then nerfed a bit. She has a shield, heals, and her ult groups up small enemies. While she's creating the shield, she also makes a big AoE dammage bubble which is great for mopping up groups of little enemies. She was my primary target when I started this time.

Best advice is level your Union level (Similar to Genhin's AR level) as fast as possible to start getting access to the Resin (forget this game's name for it, stamina basically) dump. If you don't know what to grind, I'd recommend the skillup/weapon ascension dungeon since it seems to be my bottleneck about 15 hours in, but until you get that unlocked, xp/money is always a safe dump and it's one of the first things you unlock. Also, after you have explored some regions, go talk to the girl near the north gate of the town with the black icon on the map. She rewards you stuff for exploration progress and the first thing you unlock is a chest finder utility. It's better than Genshin's compass because you can deploy 3 drones and they will permanently mark the chests in a big radius until you recover the drone. Makes some of the harder to find chests easy.

Got that freaking furry boy as my first 5*. Rerolling on a different account. If i get him again that's the end of WuWa for me.

Nankatsu

Wuthering Waves related:

Lost my 50/50 on Jiyan banner for a Calcharo dupe on my main.

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

Mixed feelings about this. Because at this point I would rather get another 5-star than a dupe.

Losing the 50/50 itself it's not a deal breaker for me, because I now can go for a guaranteed Yinlin, which pairs extremely well with Calcharo.

I did 2 rerolls and ended up being worse than my initial account. Think I'll do a couple more to see if I can get Jiyan within 30 pulls, and Calcharo on the novice banner.

Otherwise I'll just continue with my main one which is already a bit invested in terms of game time.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
I have to say, one thing that Wuthering Waves does right is the difficulty. I've been trying to push the Guidebook missions and those little hologram boss duels are sufficiently fucking tough. Wish Genshin had more of that type of difficulty where you actually might die if you aren't good at the dodge or other mechanics. I was underleveled fighting it, but still it was possible with enough skill. It was a fresh breath of air.

Nankatsu

Did a new reroll on WW and hit the jackpot.

Calcharo on first 10 pull on novice banner, and Jiyan on first 10 pull on his banner.

Didn't get anything else, in comparison with my first account I'm a little dryy on characters, but damn, this was pretty damn lucky. I think I'm gonna stick with this one.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Did a new reroll on WW and hit the jackpot.

Calcharo on first 10 pull on novice banner, and Jiyan on first 10 pull on his banner.

Didn't get anything else, in comparison with my first account I'm a little dryy on characters, but damn, this was pretty damn lucky. I think I'm gonna stick with this one.
Yea that's a fantastic reroll. Don't sweat the 4*s, they will come with time just like in Genshin. Also, make sure you do a single pull on the permanent standard banner, first pull is guaranteed to be Biazhu or whatever her name is, and she's a great F2P healer.

Pejo

Gold Member
Sounds kinda OP. Especially when Neuvi is already broken in his current state. It makes more sense to me to make her a support for the many Pyro characters we'd expect in Natlan. Fontaine kicked off with a Pyro DPS though, so perhaps we'll see a Hydro DPS in Natlan who will work with Burning.

Edit: Emilie is said to be a dog girl.

XSoLzQA.jpeg
Looks like there's a 3rd leaked variant of her look. I hate the dog one the most out of the 3, so I'm sure that's the one they'll go with for the game.
es7qgwS.jpg

SSfox

So I got my Thomas ready now. My Faruzan and Shinobu already build since while

Kinda like the idea of the new end game having to build some 4 stars characters that you wouldn't have originally.

Last edited:
I installed WW, played about ten minutes but had to stop and take care of some stuff. May play a bit more later today and give a proper go. My gf has been enjoying it a ton. She got the little green healer girl and the Sephiroth looking guy.

In Star Rail news, I have been a bit down on the game, barely logging in, and kind of just stopped caring so I thought why not just make some pulls and get Topaz for a FUA team, 3 10 pulls I got her. lol. Can’t make this shit up. 80 pulls total on this banner for both Robin and Topaz. Not bad.
Robin still isn’t built up, Bronya is languishing at the back of the line and now Topaz is demanding my time hahahaah. Game is on life support for me interest wise though. Hopefully the next story section is really good.

Pejo

Gold Member
So I got my Thomas ready now. My Faruzan and Shinobu already build since while

Kinda like the idea of the new end game having to build some 4 stars characters that you wouldn't have originally.
Yea. I'm glad for characters like Thoma that there will be decently equipped trial characters at least. Who knows, being forced to use him may make me decide to build him afterwards. I'm excited to give the new mode a try.

I installed WW, played about ten minutes but had to stop and take care of some stuff. May play a bit more later today and give a proper go. My gf has been enjoying it a ton. She got the little green healer girl and the Sephiroth looking guy.
You get 2 5* selectors for now, one on a banner target and the other from a ticket, so you can pretty much guarantee half of the available 5*s just by playing. I've been really enjoying my time with WuWa particularly because of the combat. Once you start properly strategizing and using your main echoes, intro/outro skills/dodges and counters, it's an incredibly satisfying gameplay system. The rest of the game needs some work, but I think WuWa day 1 compared to Genshin day 1 isn't THAT big of a difference. You can't compare Genshin at 4+ years of content and fixes and improvements to a brand new game from a studio that doesn't have billion dollar coffers, and expect them to be the same.
In Star Rail news, I have been a bit down on the game, barely logging in, and kind of just stopped caring so I thought why not just make some pulls and get Topaz for a FUA team, 3 10 pulls I got her. lol. Can’t make this shit up. 80 pulls total on this banner for both Robin and Topaz. Not bad.
Robin still isn’t built up, Bronya is languishing at the back of the line and now Topaz is demanding my time hahahaah. Game is on life support for me interest wise though. Hopefully the next story section is really good.
Yea. Penacony 2.0 story was amazing, in my opinion, but 2.1 was a huge letdown with Adventurine's time wasting forced perspective bullshit. The story went from tightly paced and interesting to meandering and full of unnecessary backstory that should have just been a character story instead of conflated with the main arc. I still haven't played 2.2 because I'm a bit burnt out at the moment, too, just been burning my daily stamina on materials and logging out.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
WuWa related:

Maybe I'm getting too old for gaming or because due to Genshin habit I just skipped all dialogs so now have no understanding of the mechanics. I only understand basic combat dodge and parry for now. In my reroll I got the Cal guy and blonde healer girl and will get the venti/zhongli combo girl next. Is there any YouTube video or other easy guide to quickly understand all mechanics etc.?

deanote666

Gold Member
WuWa related:

Maybe I'm getting too old for gaming or because due to Genshin habit I just skipped all dialogs so now have no understanding of the mechanics. I only understand basic combat dodge and parry for now. In my reroll I got the Cal guy and blonde healer girl and will get the venti/zhongli combo girl next. Is there any YouTube video or other easy guide to quickly understand all mechanics etc.?
Assuming there's an account system, you can always do another new account for the tutorial and then log back in with your good account.

Or load it up on another device for a new account for the tutorial.

Haven't played WuWa so I don't have specifics.

jonnyXx

Gold Member
WuWa related:

This seems pretty good.

Pejo

Gold Member

Doom85

Yea. Penacony 2.0 story was amazing, in my opinion, but 2.1 was a huge letdown with Adventurine's time wasting forced perspective bullshit. The story went from tightly paced and interesting to meandering and full of unnecessary backstory that should have just been a character story instead of conflated with the main arc. I still haven't played 2.2 because I'm a bit burnt out at the moment, too, just been burning my daily stamina on materials and logging out.

2.2 is god tier, I agree that 2.1 put everything on halt to essentially advertise the Aventurine banner, but 2.2 got everything back on track. The new areas are great, some of the cutscenes are the best in the entire game yet, the final boss is super satisfying, there’s a legitimate emotional moment, and it just comes together so satisfying. Warning: there is a moment where it might seem like 2.2 dropped the ball hard, but let them cook, it ultimately leads to something amazing.

I’d also recommend not waiting too long as not only is it amazing, but there are a few twists, character reveals, etc. that some players will probably start to treat like common knowledge after a while, so spoilers could occur.

2.3 will serve as the epilogue, and then 2.4 and beyond (I assume 2.6 will be the last one before 3.0) until 3.0 will likely be side-story events (hoping we get at least one side story event for Penacony that I love as much as A Foxian Tale, I loved the ghost hunting theme, so something as appealing as that would be sweet, more of that and less museum-managing or building market businesses, please).

Top Bottom