• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut debuts with 74k+ concurrent users on Steam making it the 2nd biggest Sony PC published game launch on the platform

Update: It's Sony's 2nd biggest launch on Steam right now. Congrats to Nixxes and Sucker Punch Productions on this successful release! 🎉

FP8KXRY.png

nLFxDXV.png

Source 1 & 2

Last edited:
After booting up the game, 4 seconds into the intro, the game hard crashed with no error messages. About an hour later I verified the files and no errors / broken files were found, so I booted it up again, and it worked perfectly for the short time I played it. No idea what the issue was or could be if it happens again. Many people in the forums had the same issue and they had a wide variety of pc configs.

Only saying as the number might be different if everyone could actually play (plus it unlocked at 4pm here, so people would be working or whatnot too). Some comments I've seen suggest there are people who can't even launch it. More were saying FSR3 was a broken mess but I personally didn't use it as I wanted to test raw performance out of curiosity.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
After booting up the game, 4 seconds into the intro, the game hard crashed with no error messages. About an hour later I verified the files and no errors / broken files were found, so I booted it up again, and it worked perfectly for the short time I played it. No idea what the issue was or could be if it happens again. Many people in the forums had the same issue and they had a wide variety of pc configs.

Only saying as the number might be different if everyone could actually play (plus it unlocked at 4pm here, so people would be working or whatnot too). Some comments I've seen suggest there are people who can't even launch it. More were saying FSR3 was a broken mess but I personally didn't use it as I wanted to test raw performance out of curiosity.

Are they using the latest drivers? I know AMD just released one with GoT support.

Unknown?

That's the Windows tax. Buggy OS!

Killjoy-NL

I got no problem with it coming to pc

I just think Sony shouldn’t half ass their pc strategy

- make a PlayStation store on PC

- day 1 PlayStation exclusives and third party games

- cross buy and cross save between console and pc for all games sold

- trophy support, etc
Then again, maybe Sony's intention is to put minimal effort into PC, as the games will turn a profit regardless, and it will leave the best experience for their Playstation consoles.

Would make sense for the business and fall in line with their current strategy.

BlazinAm

More reflective of Sony's biggest strength in the premium gaming space right now. They have the brands and software that people actually want to play.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Then again, maybe Sony's intention is to put minimal effort into PC, as the games will turn a profit regardless, and it will leave the best experience for their Playstation consoles.

I think Sony would have an opportunity to grow 1P and 3P sales on a PC store and grab a piece of that pie if they put a concerted effort into it.

winjer

Gold Member
Do you know why that is the case? Or just upset because

And how many actually people is this effecting in those 170 countries?

Internet just seems upset without knowing all the details

Of course we know why this is happening. Now Sony is forcing linking PSN to their PC ports.
But because PSN is not available in all regions, unlike Steam, that restricts many PC players.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

- trophy support, etc

They can do it if they want. I think they’d need a larger library to make it worthwhile though.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

The best experience is still on a capable gaming PC so no.

- trophy support, etc
Oof, I don't know about that one.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's closer to 170 regions.

170 countries and the vast majority of those are either tiny or poor. I don't think Sony is going to lose sleep over the idea that the good citizens of Vatican City, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Jersey, Andorra, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Monaco and North Macedonia don't have their own PSN store.

And there's nothing keeping these people from buying a Steam key from an unofficial key store and then create a PSN account on a Playstation store of their choosing. That's what every single person who bought a PS4 or PS5 in a non supported country was forced to do, too.

Killjoy-NL

170 countries and the vast majority of those are either tiny or poor. I don't think Sony is going to lose sleep over the idea that the good citizens of Vatican City, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Jersey, Andorra, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Kosovo, Monaco and North Macedonia don't have their own PSN store.

And there's nothing keeping these people from buying a Steam key from an unofficial key store and then create a PSN account on a Playstation store of their choosing. That's what every single person who bought a PS4 or PS5 in a non supported country was forced to do, too.
Do we even want residents of the Vatican playing with kids online?

winjer

Gold Member

It's regions. Some are countries, some are Principates, or unincorporated territories, etc.
You do realize that there are still gamers in those regions that want to play this game but can't because of the PSN restriction.
The way you talk, it's something that does not affect you. Admittedly, it does not affect me, because I'm in the EU.
But I'm not self centered to think that there are not other gamers outside the Eu and USA.

tmlDan

It's regions. Some are countries, some are Principates, or unincorporated territories, etc.
You do realize that there are still gamers in those regions that want to play this game but can't because of the PSN restriction.
The way you talk, it's something that does not affect you. Admittedly, it does not affect me, because I'm in the EU.
But I'm not self centered to think that there are not other gamers outside the Eu and USA.
why do you care about things that don't affect you? seems like they should stick up for themselves if there are so many of them.

bender

What time is it?

- trophy support, etc

I doubt many, if any, 3rd parties would sign up for this. Cross buy is nice in theory but getting someone to use a non-Steam storefront is a fools errand and would be a colossal waste of resources. That's not to say Sony will not try, but I know I wouldn't. The only way it might gain some traction is if Sony offers their PS+ equivalent of Game Pass on PC, but even then, I don't see them making inroads.

tmlDan

Because, unlike you, I'm not complexly self-centered.
Besides, maybe one day, this will affect you or me. But if people only care about themselves, when such happens, no one will help you.
most people are self centered or have some sort of agenda. I bet if i cared enough to look at your posts on this site i would see that from you as well.

I'm just not in denial

If MS gets all past purchases on PC, it'll be without explicit permission from 3rd parties. Real similar to their BC program stuff. They just found a way to make it run themselves, which is why not all games are BC compatible. Rockstar doesn't want RDR1 to be BC, but MS just made it work. They are re-selling it to everyone else. I think they will do something similar again. I don't see anyone else really doing this. MS is also almost the only company making their 1st party stuff dual-entitlement. It's pretty rare, sadly.

Top Bottom