• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

OverHeat

« generous god »
rofif rofif is actually one of my favorite posters and I hope he doesn’t get himself banned. Just stop trolling PC threads so much my friend.
I don’t think is going to be ban…since he is a master a threading the line 😂😂😂 I just saw he called someone a dipshit so maybe not😳

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the native resolution down?
We do, we do!
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps added lantency under wraps?
We do, we do!
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Jensen Huang a star?
We do, we do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every frame gen fight?
We do!
We do!!!

giphy.gif

OverHeat

« generous god »
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the native resolution down?
We do, we do!
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps added lantency under wraps?
We do, we do!
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Jensen Huang a star?
We do, we do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every frame gen fight?
We do!
We do!!!

giphy.gif
Stonecutters master race
L1DAhJN.jpeg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I don’t think is going to be ban…since he is a master a threading the line 😂😂😂 I just saw he called someone a dipshit so maybe not😳
Yeah that was me :messenger_tears_of_joy: but I'm not one to ask for a kick/ban and I don't think he deserves it either. I just wish he would stop trolling

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
At least it’s not permanently for now 😂
I don’t want the dude to get permed, but he just needs to stay away from PC discussions if they trigger him so much. For some reason, he gets really angry when people say they prefer to play on PC or suggest getting the PC version of a game.

Like in this very thread, a poster says his experience with the PC version is much better but rofif went ahead and told him it isn’t and that he must be misremembering.

I like the guy but his constant whining and shitting on PC is old and annoying.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don’t want the dude to get permed, but he just needs to stay away from PC discussions if it triggers him so much. For some reason, he gets really angry when people say they prefer to play on PC or suggest getting the PC version of a game.

Like in this very thread, a poster says his experience with the PC version is much better but rofif went ahead and told him it isn’t and that he must be misremembering.

I like the guy but his constant whining and shitting on PC is old and annoying.

To be a bit fair, I do think his views on frame generation got misrepresented from "it adds lag" which is true to people trying to dunk on him because "consoles have more lag than frame generation enabled games on PC" which is beside the point he was making. Just like anything there are trade offs and broadly, I see where he is coming from (I'd analogize it to Crysis and speculation on where hardware is going but that's a story for another time. His points do get muddled as he tries to play both sides of the fence when he should just be dunking on the tribalistic mentality that is rampant on either end of the spectrum.

PSA for new players: Legends is one of the best MP modes in any game ever made IMO, you just need to find the right people to co-op with.

It's a balls-to-the-wall take on core game mechanics, with ghosts, demons and magic.

The control scheme is a bit different than in the main game so I'd advise playing some of the campaign first.

Raids are fucking incredible, but unless you know them inside-out it's a must to communicate with others, so unmute that mic, play with randos till you meet someone nice and team up.
Completely agree with everything here.

Once I finished the game I spent a solid 2 months playing the multiplayer. Amazing mode and I really hope it comes back for GoT2.

The PC and PS versions have cross play don’t they? I’ve been thinking of reinstalling lol, all the PC hype had got me reminiscing and wanted to play again. New influx of players is tempting.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

I've been watching some streams of this game and it doesn't look that great.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the fields of grass and vegetation is breathtaking. But there are lot of spots where textures are low res and the polygonal detail is lacking.

Is this why we don't have official scores out yet?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I mean, don't get me wrong, the fields of grass and vegetation is breathtaking. But there are lot of spots where textures are low res and the polygonal detail is lacking.

Yea there are some low res textures but it all comes together and looks great when you’re actually playing it.

Definitely a step below the absolute top tier of graphics like Cyberpunk and AW2 but overall a very nice looking game

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

I doubt there will be reviews for this. The game has been reviewed twice on PS already. Some tech analysis from outlets like DF will probably be all that is done.

Last edited:

simpatico

How long does it take to stop blasting your horse with a heavy attack when you want to ride?

Also can’t stop throwing kunai at enemies after a parry. Button layout is so different from what my muscle memory ease. Poor horse been chopped up so many times

Also, how do you restock arrows? Vendors or enemy pickups only? Any crafting?

Last edited:
How long does it take to stop blasting your horse with a heavy attack when you want to ride?

Also can’t stop throwing kunai at enemies after a parry. Button layout is so different from what my muscle memory ease. Poor horse been chopped up so many times
Not very simpático of you to chop your own horse.

I've followed several foxes and unlocked a couple of charm slots, but I only have one charm. :(
The pigs are my greatest enemy. I've already died to a pig.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It may be 4 years old but this game still looks absolutely incredible. It's amazing what they were able to achieve on the PS4 and equally amazing how it scales up on PC hardware.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Yea there are some low res textures but it all comes together and looks great when you’re actually playing it.

Definitely a step below the absolute top tier of graphics like Cyberpunk and AW2 but overall a very nice looking game
Some? Everything is low res. Texture pack can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Alex11

Amazing atmosphere and art style, just gorgeous, but it's a shame I'm not feeling the game part.

Something about the camera/controls feels off for me, when I pan around, the camera moves weird, a bit slow, when I switch to mouse it moves normal, like I want it to move.
The combat, I have a problem with everyone taking their turn to hit me, also can you lock on a target?

The wind mechanic is interesting, but I don't use it since there's a map where it shows you where the quests and other markers are and I let the map cursor guide me towards where I want to go.

Amazing atmosphere and art style, just gorgeous, but it's a shame I'm not feeling the game part.

Something about the camera/controls feels off for me, when I pan around, the camera moves weird, a bit slow, when I switch to mouse it moves normal, like I want it to move.
The combat, I have a problem with everyone taking their turn to hit me, also can you lock on a target?

The wind mechanic is interesting, but I don't use it since there's a map where it shows you where the quests and other markers are and I let the map cursor guide me towards where I want to go.
The wind mechanic is really clunky if you're not using a DS4 or DualSense. It was a quick swipe to get it going but on other controllers it's just annoying to use a radial menu that pops up using the left button.

Top Bottom