• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you renew your multi-year Game Pass subcription when it ends?

Will you renew it?

• Total voters

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
My sub ends in 2025. I'm waiting to see if I can play a Cod before it expires. I've played some great games, but I've also had months with nothing interesting. I think I might consider periodic memberships in the future, but the service doesn't interest me as much as it used to. What do you think? Are you planning to extend your membership?

cormack12

Gold Member
I only recently reupped. A few buddies and I have it because they do push a lot of co op stuff to the service (of varying quality) and it means we all have access at the same time. Plus we also get to have golf, nhl, fifa etc at various times.

I can say it's changed my buying habits and not for the good of the industry really. I was a buy the latest retail game kind of hunky chad, but now I don't think I've bought a day one yet this year except GBF:Relink.

kiphalfton

I had been paying somewhere between $4-$6 per month. Was converting 3 month keys to 50 days on an existing GPU subscription.

Haven't seen ANY deals on CDKeys/etc. for those 3 month Xbox Live Gold/Core deals... so guessing the conversion gravy train has been shut down.

Even at like $180-$210 for 3 years, that's $60-$70 per year. That's not even that good of a deal.

No way am I paying any more than that, when it lapses. Have a huge backlog of physical and digital games anyways.

Last edited:

Oppoi

I'm adding months with Rewards right now, so there's no 'renewal' required.

Plan to keep it going for as long as Rewards is sustainable, if that finishes, then will see what the best renewal options are at that point down the line.
Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just pay for the subscription? Or does working the absolute bottom feeder detail for the worlds worst conglomerate give you personal satisfaction?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yeah I will. I’ve got a friend at MS who gives me the Friends and Family discount, so it’s 50% off for me. Even though I haven’t played anything on Game Pass in months, it ends up being worth it to me for that price.

I would cancel if I weren’t getting the discount, though.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah I will. I’ve got a friend at MS who gives me the Friends and Family discount, so it’s 50% off for me. Even though I haven’t played anything on Game Pass in months, it ends up being worth it to me for that price.

I would cancel if I weren’t getting the discount, though.
Am I entitled to the friends of Dacvak discount?

5Bo2.gif

SHA

If I don't know what I'm doing, most of the times I knew what I'm going to get so there's no need for that.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ill just keep doing multi year subs for Gamepass, Ubi+ and EAplay.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just pay for the subscription? Or does working the absolute bottom feeder detail for the worlds worst conglomerate give you personal satisfaction?
Fuck that guy for saving his money and using his own time to do shit that only affects him right? Costs of living going up for everyone but that chucklefuck offsetting his personal time instead of spending his money. What a fucking rube! All this for video games. Youths!
/s
Anna Kendrick No GIF by The Lonely Island

Last edited:

Oppoi

Fuck that guy for saving his money and using his own time to do shit that only affects him right? Costs of living going up for everyone but that chucklefuck offsetting his personal time instead of spending his money. What a fucking rube! All this for video games. Youths!
/s
Anna Kendrick No GIF by The Lonely Island
I don't think it's fair to call adamsapple a chucklefuck no matter the context. Also how dare you assume gender in the year 2024? Literally shame on you!

Banjo64

cumsessed
My extension to the 3 year deal just ended in April. Didn’t resub, sold my Series S over 12 months ago. Just done with subscription services. Realistically get to play about 3-5 games a year normally, if that. I’d rather just spend £50 on an Elden Ring or TOTK.

If I was 18, single, living at home and working Game Pass and PS Plus would be a no brainer.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I have PC Game Pass, and I think it's still a good bargain. I buy it in annual subs so mine is still active for five or six months.

Mowcno

Been subbed for almost 6 years. Not going to continue. May jump in for a month here or there depending on if they release something that interests me.

dem

Oh probably.. you have to pay to play online anyway. GPU isn't much more..
I haven't actually bought a game this generation.

fox tv rent GIF by loveconnectionfox

(except on switch)

Last edited:

Nydius

Voted the middle option. Pretty much the only reason I have it stacked through December 2025 is thanks to Christmas gifts (pro-tip: If you add something to the top of your public wishlist, make sure you include desired quantity). As it stands, I hardly use it. Plenty of games to play but not plenty of time to play them, (edit) especially when I have backlogs on two other systems. When it expires, I'll probably just resubscribe if a game comes along that interests me but I don't feel like spending full price on it. It'll become a digital GameFly that I use periodically for Xbox only titles.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nah. Mine expired a few months ago, and it just doesn't offer me enough value these days to resubscribe. If Microsoft makes an interesting game that I actually wanna play, I'll just buy that game outright.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Mine expires in June of next year, I will not be renewing long term.

I will sign up for a month here or a month there if a big game I want to play comes out.

MH3M3D

Had it for 3 years, only really enjoyed and finished 2 Gears games. 0 trust in MS to keep the price low or add really good games on it.

Codes 208

Free trials aside no. Between the lackluster releases and shutting down the very companies that made their recent releases even remotely decent is just a series of red flags to stay away from xbox.

taylor34

Neo Member
Yes. Because it saves me so much money at the moment, and honestly I've tried some games that I never would have otherwise. It really only takes a couple games to pay for itself.

StereoVsn

Mine expired last year, I didn’t renew. I found that I buy most games I like on Steam anyways. I don’t have a ton of time to game and would rather put that to many, many games in my backlog library.

I still have my XSX for BC, bunch of physicals I have and occasional cheap games I buy on sales.

lachesis

Mine will run out next year - and I'm contemplating extending it depending on what's available on it. However if I decide not to get future Xbox, I will just sub Gamepass PC.
I will not get rid of my XSX though - it will be my enhanced BC Xbox/Xbox360 machine that I have on it like NGB, NG2, PDO, etc.

Top Bottom