• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari announces Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the XBOX 360/PS3 (PR)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ferrio said:
aa53n.jpg

It's over 9000!!!!!

That pic is not valid for that quote unless he actually has a scouter with the jiber jabber things on things on it!

Wow this game just looks REALLY REALLY solid.

I mean, beautiful HD graphics, English/Japanese Voices & Subs, Online, multiple story branches, fun and proven fighting system with even more improvements.

Any DBZ fan should be absolutely stoked about this release.

Not to mention its releasing in July! YAY!

Teknoman

Vast Inspiration said:
Wow this game just looks REALLY REALLY solid.

I mean, beautiful HD graphics, English/Japanese Voices & Subs, Online, multiple story branches, fun and proven fighting system with even more improvements.

Any DBZ fan should be absolutely stoked about this release.

Not to mention its releasing in July! YAY!

Now if they can go ahead and leave the original japanese music in (maybe this WILL happen since its releasing about a month or so after the japanese version? Maybe not...either way as long as its region open for online play, PS3 importers will be in luck).

Teknoman said:
Now if they can go ahead and leave the original japanese music in (maybe this WILL happen since its releasing about a month or so after the japanese version? Maybe not...either way as long as its region open for online play, PS3 importers will be in luck).
Hell yeah. I'm really anticipating this game. Good God... this may be the only game I play online for a while if it's any good. Can't fucking wait.

Been waiting for my Dragonball Z gaming fix for a long while since Budokai 3.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I was on the fence until I saw the screenshots but now....got------DAAAAAAAYUM this looks sexy! I used to tell my friends years ago at anime cons how cool it would be to play a videogame with literally cartoon graphics. This game looks to deliver this achievement for the very first time in game history! This is seriously what I've been waiting for since falling in love with the whole Dragon's Lair series of laserdisc games!

Man...between this and Samurai Shodown 2 on XBLA, my 360 will be kept busy playing fighters for a long time!

I only hope the upcoming Korean MMO will look this good. What do you guys think?

Teknoman

lol I didnt even know SS2 was coming to XBLA. Kind of been out of the loop since i've just been focused on waiting for Castle Crashers and Ikaruga.

llTll

Banned
so, Cell Saga is covered now i see andriods...

however, does ti cover Buu Saga?

ita all i ask for to be honest. up till Buu. :(. and it will be the ultimate dragon ball game ever.

when its coming out ?

Teknoman

So are will they finally make Cell have his correct voice in all 3 forms? That raspy ass voice of his first form doesnt fit with the rest...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
llTll said:

ita all i ask for to be honest. up till Buu. :(. and it will be the ultimate dragon ball game ever.

when its coming out ?

I don't think it's going to cover the Buu saga but hey that is just me I wish it did, but then they wouldn't have more for sequels!!!!

Tokubetsu

I'm glad they don't cover buu, DBZ is great up till all that buu bullshit (Majin Vegeta vs Gokuo fight is the only exception).

Snaku said:
1485_0003.jpg

That's beautiful.

Tenshinhan is so awesome. That scene in the anime is one of my favorites.

what are the chances the import PS3 version will have english language?

and that confirms that they will atleast cover all the transformations of characters. So im guessing all 4 of Freiza will be also.

and I hope there are alternate costumes.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Linkzg said:
Tenshinhan is so awesome. That scene in the anime is one of my favorites.

what are the chances the import PS3 version will have english language?

and that confirms that they will atleast cover all the transformations of characters. So im guessing all 4 of Freiza will be also.

and I hope there are alternate costumes.

crazy clothes physics or bust!

Kibbles

llTll said:

when its coming out ?

Nope. In the ''On The Spot'' interview and gameplay with a developer at gamespot.com the guy says it only goes through up until the Cell Saga. :( That's where disappointment hit me. Oh well, I was always just going to rent this anyway, the last DBZ game I played was Budokai 3.

Oh and the English verisons of the game do allow you to switch into the original Japanese language if you like, according to the developer that was on ''On the Spot'', if anyone likes that better.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Tokubetsu said:
I'm glad they don't cover buu, DBZ is great up till all that buu bullshit (Majin Vegeta vs Gokuo fight is the only exception).

yer smokin bro. buu the best saga next only to Freeza. buu is arguably the most demented, twisted character in the whole series. Evil Buu was fucking RUTHLESS!

Bookey

Professional Monk
dont know if it's up anywhere else but the jp psn store has an hd trailer up and wow it gets me hyped :D

Docpan

So, it's basically a remake of Budokai 1? The gameplay is on a 2d plane again with similar gameplay elements, the story only goes up through the Cell saga, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but how many times can you re-tread the same shit? I was hoping for a free-flight game like Sparking, but with a deeper and more diverse combat system (i.e. more than one button for melee attacks)

Teknoman

Kibbles said:
Nope. In the ''On The Spot'' interview and gameplay with a developer at gamespot.com the guy says it only goes through up until the Cell Saga. :( That's where disappointment hit me. Oh well, I was always just going to rent this anyway, the last DBZ game I played was Budokai 3.

Oh and the English verisons of the game do allow you to switch into the original Japanese language if you like, according to the developer that was on ''On the Spot'', if anyone likes that better.

I just wish we knew how the "Original anime music remixes" were. Everytime the series releases in english we get a whole other soundtrack than the japanese version.

Docpan said:
So, it's basically a remake of Budokai 1? The gameplay is on a 2d plane again with similar gameplay elements, the story only goes up through the Cell saga, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but how many times can you re-tread the same shit? I was hoping for a free-flight game like Sparking, but with a deeper and more diverse combat system (i.e. more than one button for melee attacks)

The battle system is more on par with an improved Shin Budokai 2(PSP game) system. The combat system itself is starting to get pretty good. Also theres most likely 8 way movement at this point.

Docpan

Teknoman said:
I just wish we knew how the "Original anime music remixes" were. Everytime the series releases in english we get a whole other soundtrack than the japanese version.

That's false.

The only times the soundtrack is changed in DBZ games is when original tunes from the animated series are used. For example, outside of the opening of Budokai 1 (which uses Cha-La Head Cha-La from the show), the entire Budokai series has the same soundtrack in every region.

The Sparking/Budokai Tenkaichi series, however, differs greatly. Almost all of the music in the Sparking series uses original tunes from the show, so it had to be changed for the international release due to licensing issues.

Kibbles said:

Thank God.

Docpan

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Which of the two Wii DBZ games is better? From the reviews it seems that 3 is a bit more refined, but 2 has a lot more stuff in it.

3 is far better in every way. Players used to the controls of 2 were a bit put off moving into the changes that 3 offered, but overall the motion controls are implemented much better in the latter. Better yet, just play with a classic controller.

Docpan

BlackGoku03 said:
Thank God.

What, like it comes as a surprise? This has been the trend for the company since 2004's Budokai 3. (The original print didn't have it, though the Greatest Hits version did.) Every DBZ game released since then for home console has had the JP voices selectable, except for Super DBZ.)

Snaku

Banned
Docpan said:
What, like it comes as a surprise? This has been the trend for the company since 2004's Budokai 3. (The original print didn't have it, though the Greatest Hits version did.) Every DBZ game released since then for home console has had the JP voices selectable, except for Super DBZ.)

But they've removed the Japanese music.

Syntek said:
The trailer on the JPN PSN is godly, new Kageyama song is awesome.

is it anywhere online or do I have to drag my ass to my PS3?

I forgot my PS3 is 3 feet away from my computer. This is downloading pretty slow.

Snaku

Banned
kurahadol said:
Just the vocals I thought?

BGM tracks have been cut as well. The last three Sparking games had the original Japanese BGM, but they were replaced with recycled Budokai music in the American release.

kurahadol

Snaku said:
BGM tracks have been cut as well. The last three Sparking games had the original Japanese BGM, but they were replaced with recycled Budokai music in the American release.

Ah ok., I never paid attention with the Sparking series. Is Kenji Yamamoto composing new music for this game? His work on the Budokai games was spectacular.

Docpan said:
Well, I bought every Budokai up to the third one and it wasn't the greatest hits version. Never got into Tenkaichi.

fuck...while the trailer I downloaded on PSN was the same on I saw before, I cant believe how good this game looks. So damn sharp and smooth.

Teknoman

Docpan said:
That's false.

The only times the soundtrack is changed in DBZ games is when original tunes from the animated series are used. For example, outside of the opening of Budokai 1 (which uses Cha-La Head Cha-La from the show), the entire Budokai series has the same soundtrack in every region.

The Sparking/Budokai Tenkaichi series, however, differs greatly. Almost all of the music in the Sparking series uses original tunes from the show, so it had to be changed for the international release due to licensing issues.

That I didnt know. However why would the licensing issues have affected BT3? I mean Funimation started releasing english voiced cuts with JP music for the Season box sets. They've got their branding on the game, so couldnt they have pulled a few strings? I've never really seen where it's been officially said that the music didnt make it over due to licensing issues though. You'd think if Funimation had the rights to the franchise in North America it wouldnt be a problem.

Even Naruto: Rise of a Ninja for then 360 has most of the original songs from the series.

I want a DBZ RPG not more of the same. I don't really like the budokai series, the only DBZ fighting game i've really enjoyed was supersonic warriors on the DS. Budokai games are to slow and clumsy they just don't feel like DBZ.

Teknoman

AdventureRacing said:
I want a DBZ RPG not more of the same. I don't really like the budokai series, the only DBZ fighting game i've really enjoyed was supersonic warriors on the DS. Budokai games are to slow and clumsy they just don't feel like DBZ.

Take one look at Burst Limit's Gamespot preview video and that should change your mind.

Also Tenkachi series (specifically 3) aren't slow or clumsy in any sense of the words:

Two battle replays of mine from BT3)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1hy0Cp10Vn8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xb9LBa1Wt54

And an insane replay battle from some other guys on youtube:
(Japanese version = Japanese BGM straight from the movies/show)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvXiNRuLI8

Top Bottom