• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 | Review Thread

What scores do you think Dragon's Dogma 2 will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 196 44.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 83 18.7%
  • 96-100%

Votes: 18 4.0%

• Total voters

Portugeezer

During stress moments with several monsters and spells yes. Otherwise it seems to hover around 30-40.
Well yeah, that's my point, I saw the performance reviews like everyone else but J jorgejjvr came to 20fps conclusion.

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How a game running at 20fps gets 8-10 score reviews is beyond me

Let's ask this game.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Let's ask this game.

Most people here weren’t even born yet when that was released, lets focus in the actual topic.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Most people here weren’t even born yet when that was released, lets focus in the actual topic.

Not sure what date of births have to do with anything. My point was that frame rate is not directly proportional to a games reception, nothing controversial said there.

If you want a more recent example, Breath of the Wild also has frequent drops and it didn't effect the games reception one bit.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Wasn't it cheaper on cdkeys?

Edit: Shit, I was thinking in euros, nevermind.

Ah....right. Yeah, Fanatical is the best price for official reseller keys. I will buy from CD Keys, but not sure about all the other third party key reseller shops.

Perhaps there’s…more to gaming than framerate?

<oldmanyellsatcloud>

Back in my day we played split-screen Goldeneye at 15fps and we LOVED that shit.

</oldmanyellsatcloud>

That was 28 years ago dude ....do you still want to watch movies on vhs while listening to music on your discman? Didn't think so.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm watching Lirik play this and there is an almost neverending stream of combat. Is it like this all the time? He's in the open world an no matter where he goes he literally walks from combat encounter into combat encounter, there's pretty much zero respite in between encounters.

Urban

I'm watching Lirik play this and there is an almost neverending stream of combat. Is it like this all the time? He's in the open world an no matter where he goes he literally walks from combat encounter into combat encounter, there's pretty much zero respite in between encounters.
Yeah asked myself that too! But the Image quality is not looking good and he has huge loading times. I can imagine that he has a Monster PC but still doesnt run smoothly

Kacho

It was the same way in the first game.

“Look master! Goblins!”

“Wolves ahead!”

“That’s a mighty foe over there. We must be cautious.”

SJRB

Gold Member
It was the same way in the first game.

“Look master! Goblins!”

“Wolves ahead!”

“That’s a mighty foe over there. We must be cautious.”

It's been many years since I played the first but I legit don't remember it being this brutal in terms of encounter frequency, especially during the day.

Mobs spawn literally every 50 feet so far from what I've seen.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's been many years since I played the first but I legit don't remember it being this brutal in terms of encounter frequency, especially during the day.

Yeah it's pretty bad at times. But there's hope they'll patch it so that it's possible to keep a certain level of suspension of disbelief engaged.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

To be honest I find a far bigger issue to be the weight/inventory management if you happen to be using a light class like ranger early on.
It gets extremely tedious and annoying given the menu's aren't particularly well designed.

Got to be honest, I'm finding it a bit of chore to play. Its not difficult, it just feels like there's way too much busywork and everything is so clunky it feels like the game is constantly getting in its own way.

Bear in mind I'm someone who never had an issue with Nioh and the other TN games endless loot spam.

Top Bottom