• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod enables Dragon's Dogma 2's hidden DLSS 3 implementation.

Claims a 20 - 30 fps increase for 40 series cards. Folks with the cards might want to check it out.

A high-profile modder has released a free mod that lets Dragon’s Dogma 2 players access DLSS 3 Frame Generation, which users have reported adds another 20 to 30fps for RTX 40 series GPU owners.
Now, on the day of Dragon’s Dogma 2’s launch, modder PureDark has released a mod that enables the game's own hidden DLSS 3 Frame Generation implementation for free.

Last edited:

Pejo

Modders once again doing what dev team couldn’t….in less than 24h?
I'm all for dunking on Capcom right now with the horseshit they pulled with the game, but quoted in the OP:
Now, on the day of Dragon’s Dogma 2’s launch, modder PureDark has released a mod that enables the game's own hidden DLSS 3 Frame Generation implementation for free.
The modder just enabled what the devs made and then disabled for whatever reason.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
DLSS is too ugly and too soft to use in this game, in my opinion. I'm waiting a bit more and I hope they implement DLAA when DLSS 3 is officially enabled.

Topher

Gold Member
Impressive results. Not the best screenshots. Just doing print screens to quickly grab the frame rates.

Outside town, mod off.....
Eb8h1ki.jpeg

Outside town, mod on.....

Inside town, mod off.....

Inside town, mod on.....

Last edited:

acm2000

Does it work magic and drag the rest of the game into the 2020s too? Starfield got loads of slack for being dated but this game is just as bad 😂

Topher

Gold Member
Does it work magic and drag the rest of the game into the 2020s too? Starfield got loads of slack for being dated but this game is just as bad 😂

Uh.....the primary complaints about Starfield are that it is empty and there are tons of loading screens. Neither are true here.

The Xbox tax isn't real.

Starfield got loads of shit (slack is not the same thing), because it's a fucking terrible game that lacks immersion and is full of loading screens. It's also just not fun, at all. From a technical perspective it's just a dumpster fire.

Dragons Dogma 2 on the other hand is a great game wrapped up in a technical mess for anyone that doesn't have a high end rig or is playing on console.

Apples and oranges.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
users report that it crashes your game though
That was happening to me until I changed some settings. Leaving them here for anyone who has the issue:
  • Frame rate: variable
  • V-sync: off
  • On nvidia control panel: v-sync on.
After making those changes (had the game with v-sync and frame rate limited to 60) I haven't had a crash in like 15 hours of playtime, whereas previously it'd crash in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
That was happening to me until I changed some settings. Leaving them here for anyone who has the issue:
  • Frame rate: variable
  • V-sync: off
  • On nvidia control panel: v-sync on.
After making those changes (had the game with v-sync and frame rate limited to 60) I haven't had a crash in like 15 hours of playtime, whereas previously it'd crash in a matter of minutes.

I had those same settings since before applying the mod. Might be why I haven't had any crashes.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Impressive results. Not the best screenshots. Just doing print screens to quickly grab the frame rates.

Outside town, mod off.....

Outside town, mod on.....

Inside town, mod off.....

Inside town, mod on.....
What kind of rig are you running? I went to the same town and stood at the same spot (at the foot of the stairs) and I am getting around 85 fps (no mod).
Are you running a 40 series card?

DaciaJC

Gold Member
DLSS seems to get disabled whenever I hire a pawn, with the only recourse being to restart the game. Weird bug, hopefully it's fixed soon.

MastAndo

Is the UI flicker that happens when moving around with this mod expected? The mod works wonders for the framerate, but I can't get past the flickering.

Top Bottom