• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Safe Bet

Banned
GQman2121 said:
You guys are out of your fucking minds if you think they're not going to release maps at $2-3 a pop. The first two games had a combined total of 25 maps. How hard is it to expand a few of those to allow for the increased number in players and cash in? Hell, they asked/made you go out and buy three copies of OPM to get the added maps for Socom II!

Just look at what they're doing with Crossroads. Don't you think they could add - I don't know - Chain Reaction as DLC and have the entire roof be playable? Everyone would be all over that.

All I'm saying is, if this game is good and catches on with the hardcore players again, be prepared to pay over $100 to see everything it has to offer.

Safe Bet said:
I hope not...

I've yet to purchase any DLC and I plan not to until the overcharging stops.

I have no problem with DLC.

I have a problem with overcharging for DLC...

Make the content worth the price and I will buy it.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
SOCOM maps have been like 3 for 6 bucks.

which is fine if yopu ask me. Considering i pay 2 bucks for a fucking song on rockband. theres ALOT more value in a SOCOM map than a rockband song.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And what is with the "mercs" horseshit?

This is Socom... they are called "terrorists".

You don't need to be politically correct in Socom. And anyway, it's not like most people have an issue labeling anyone who looks slightly different and lives far away a terrorist. Shit, that's basically US foreign policy...

Doel

I thought I posted this here already. Apparently I didn't....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262733

EGM_SOCOM.jpg

Basch

The four boxes under the SOCOM Confrontation headline should read something like... (Left to Right)

"Huge 32 Player Battles"
"Coop Player Customization"
"Upgraded Clan System"
"and much more inside"

The last one I'm a bit iffy on, but it should be something like that.

:D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Basch said:
The four boxes under the SOCOM Confrontation headline should read something like... (Left to Right)

"Huge 32 Player Battles"
"Coop Player Customization"
"Upgraded Clan System"
"and much more inside"

The last one I'm a bit iffy on, but it should be something like that.

:D

As long as the fights are done in small - medium lvls in size I am all for it.

Do many people know or have they ever mentioned that many of the guys at Slant Six were mostly responsible for making Global Operations on PC?

Kittonwy said:
It has nothing to do with Confrontation and everything about what Joe Rybicki thinks of SOCOM which I don't give a shit about. Nice job on the interview though, SCEA needs to give you access to Seth Luisi.
Indifferent2.gif

Who is Seth Luisi?

Safe Bet

Banned
dork said:
September??

At least we have a date, but still

EH
I was pretty pissed about the Fall release date until I remember MGO and GTA are coming...

Hopefully those will keep me busy until September.

September is not good.

LBP, Far Cry 2, Mercenaries 2, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Prototype are all games that might be releasing in that time area that I might buy.

Safe Bet

Banned
liquidspeed said:
SO what do you guys think now that sprinting in Socom??
I haven't been pleased since the announcement of a larger player limit and I'm past the point in my life where I'm under the false impression I know better than the guys who actually have the ability to experiment with the game rules, so I'm sitting back and hoping for the best.

squicken

Seriously guys, don't you think Sony is smart enough to not release Killzone 2 and SOCOM in the same month. I don't know how much more confirmation we need that KZ2 is '09 now. Which is fine. Sony's fall is more than adequate.

lynux3

Wow. I really wanted this game sometime in June/July. September just seems so far away.

squicken said:
Seriously guys, don't you think Sony is smart enough to not release Killzone 2 and SOCOM in the same month. I don't know how much more confirmation we need that KZ2 is '09 now. Which is fine. Sony's fall is more than adequate.

Didn't Sony just announce a release date for Killzone 2? I seriously doubt they're going to push it back.

Warm Machine said:
Do many people know or have they ever mentioned that many of the guys at Slant Six were mostly responsible for making Global Operations on PC?
Global Operations wasn't horrible in concept, they just tried to make a Counter-Strike competitor on an engine (LithTech) that had horrible netcode.

Doel

This stuff chose the worst time to come out. I was out at an awards show, then an after party, and got REALLY REALLY drunk :lol

Didn't get to update the blog on the release date till like 1am, and I still don't know all the new info from the mag.

Busty

Banned
squicken said:

Exactly.

Nail.Jpg

on

Head.jpg

Basch

Pai Pai Master said:
Ew, September? That's far away. :( I guess that marks the leaked PSN list wrong.

Yeah that's unfortunate, but the list was always tentative. Trailer might come next month at least. *Crosses fingers* :D

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
recklessmind said:

You don't need to be politically correct in Socom. And anyway, it's not like most people have an issue labeling anyone who looks slightly different and lives far away a terrorist. Shit, that's basically US foreign policy...

member back with SOCOM 3? When one special country (i already forgot who it was lol) was strongly against Zipper using their country as an area of opperation. Mostly because it implied it was a terrorist state with zipper calling the opposition terrorists. I think part of their little settlement was using the term mercenaries rather than terrorists.

GQman2121

Banned
tuco11 said:
WTF!! Taken right from the socom website

"SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of “Crossroads.” Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the PLAYSTATION®Store"

5 friggin maps? delayed and only launching with 5 maps? Please tell me I misread something.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/SOCOM_U_S_Navy_SEALs_Confrontation

Look at the date on that preview mate......it's dated from last May. The new EGM now states that the game is going to ship with 7 maps. All North African by the way.

What do you guys think is their time table for DLC? End of 08' - early 09'? As crazy as it might sound, I really just want to play the old maps in HD, and see what they add to accommodate for 32 plays like they are with Crossroads. Last Bastion with 32 would be god like because most people didn't even get a chance to check it out when it was available.

Kittonwy

Banned
liquidspeed said:
SO what do you guys think now that sprinting in Socom??

I like sprinting but I like Resistance style sprinting instead of COD4 style sprinting since I'm not a fan of shakey cams at all.

Kittonwy

Banned
recklessmind said:

I don't know why they call private military contractors "mercs", they don't like to be called mercs, they're hired experts.
Indifferent2.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I don't really understand how the spiriting is going to work. The default speed for the player movement has always been a spirit as far as I can tell. Are they going to slow it down and just add a button command to make you run now? I'm confused........

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Kittonwy said:
I like sprinting but I like Resistance style sprinting instead of COD4 style sprinting since I'm not a fan of shakey cams at all.

ugh I hate sprinting.

I think the only game i've played where it's done well is Battlefield BC. It has a somewhat more realistic curve of accelloration and speed. It's not something that saves you or turns maps into track fields.

I never had a chance to try out the Socom series but I am really intrigued by what I am hearing about the latest one. Cant wait to try it.

tuco11

thanks! typed in the wrong link... still though ,7 maps is bullsh!t. Socom 2 had 16, Call of duty 4 shipped with 16. Give me a full priced game with 16 maps. 32 players is for the birds.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ceb said:
September is awful timing IMO. This should've been a July-August game.

July and August are pretty much deadspots for game sales, usually a publisher would try to avoid them and wait for September.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom