• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, sorry about that. I was playing some CPUs and trying to break in a new GC controller I bought yesterday (was also doing that against scottnak last night), but it's probably not going to happen in time for any tournament matches like I wanted. :lol It's still too stiff to recognize my smashes, dashes, and platform drops 100% of the time.

Edit: Which means that I'll be using the old controller I've been using and having success with, not that I'm copping out and making excuses. >_>
It's okay, my controller doesn't recognize my smashes sometimes either, but it's because it's old.

gg rentahamster, very good connection, we live 11 timezones away :D

tournament round 2

match 1:
Ike (shaft) - Rentahamster (R.O.B.)
map: Final Destination
winner: Shaft

Match 2:
map: Smashville
winner: Rentahamster

Match 3:
map: Shadow Moses Island
winner: Shaft

Overal 2-1 for Shaft

this is for your stats Jiggy :D

Jiggy

Great games, OliveJuice. I guess our lag test was kind of for nothing, since the lag changed from match to match, but yeah--I did not think I'd be winning that one. >_> I need to learn how to play Falco that well.

Match 1: OliveJuice (Falco) over Jiggy37 (Mr. Game & Watch)
Match 2: Jiggy37 (Luigi) over OliveJuice (Falco) on Pokemon Stadium
Match 3: Jiggy37 (Pikachu) over OliveJuice (Falco) on Smashville

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy, if you want the fight today lemme know, I am available. Ready to win this tournament and the faster the better :D :lol

EDIT: oh, Jiggy beat Olive. Ya must be good =O. I won't fight you though... let's leave our fight as suspense. This tournament needs more!

Jiggy37 said:
Great games, OliveJuice. I guess our lag test was kind of for nothing, since the lag changed from match to match, but yeah--I did not think I'd be winning that one. >_> I need to learn how to play Falco that well.

Match 1: OliveJuice (Falco) over Jiggy37 (Mr. Game & Watch)
Match 2: Jiggy37 (Luigi) over OliveJuice (Falco) on Pokemon Stadium
Match 3: Jiggy37 (Pikachu) over OliveJuice (Falco) on Smashville

Rawr, Pikachu is so annoying . "Pikachu pikachu pikachu....pikachu". I can't deal with that. :(

Edit: I think your Zelda is probably better then these ones. I'm basing this on that one match we had....

Jiggy

Even I have to admit, Thundershock or whatever that attack is supposed to be is some of the most obnoxious voice acting anywhere in Brawl. It's right up there with YAYAYAYAYAYA and PK FIYAH. D:

Jiggy37 said:
Even I have to admit, Thundershock or whatever that attack is supposed to be is some of the most obnoxious voice acting anywhere in Brawl. It's right up there with YAYAYAYAYAYA and PK FIYAH. D:
And I would like to face you when I'm not worried about committing suicides.

Jiggy

Relix said:
EDIT: oh, Jiggy beat Olive. Ya must be good =O. I won't fight you though... let's leave our fight as suspense. This tournament needs more!
If the next round of the winners' bracket doesn't get me, slayn will obliterate me almost without a doubt unless I get lucky and win with the power of lag or something. Whatever the case, probably no way I make it far enough to get to you since you're near the bottom of the bracket. >_>
Edit: Assuming slayn gets past Fenix, Dechaios, and Guled, of course. But if he doesn't get past them, that's even worse since it means I'd have to take down someone even better than slayn. D:

OliveJuice said:
And I would like to face you when I'm not worried about committing suicides.
So would I. I just about killed myself at 8% with Pikachu after two laser shots, and kept Skull Bashing all over the place. D:

Mark D

So I still haven't had my round 1 match. My opponent and I haven't been able to get online at the same time. What should I do about this?

Zozz

Banned
I do not have an opponent yet, I looked at the bracket and it seems I must wait for Halycon or Mii to win, please hurry with the match.

Teknoman

Results Time:

Tek vs DeceitDecide
Diddy Kong vs Pikachu
Final Destination
Deceit Wins

Match 2:
Snake vs Pikachu
Mario Kart
Deceit Wins

Didnt get to save the replay though. I'll be back though! Still can make it back from the loser bracket:lol

Seriously though, he destroyed me with Pikachu...next time I probably shouldnt come in fresh of an RPG into Smash :lol

That and I need to stop being so panicky when I get caught in aerial combos

slayn

needs to show more effort.
slayn vs Fenix

slayn(Dedede) vs Fenix(Captain Falcon) on Final Destination - slayn wins
slayn(Dedede) vs Fenix(Captain Falcon) on Final Destination - slayn wins

Jiggy

Honestly, losers' or winners' brackets, nobody ever had a chance from the days that slayn and Nabster92 entered, and then the day dragonlife29 was accepted as a substitute. >_> Unless there are some mysterious incredible players in this tournament who I just haven't played and who (somehow) exactly nobody on GAF has hyped to the sky (or I just haven't heard of them), I really think it's going to be one of those three.

Edit: Wait, Relix too. Yeah, there's our top four right there. Again, at least just going by what I've seen--I've played like two dozen GAFers (with Relix being the only one on this list that I haven't) and they're far and away the best, as well as just some of the best competition I've had period. Edit 2: ...Counting only people who are in this tournament. Ysiadmihi is incredible too, but he's not here.

Edit 3: Fascinating how ten matches in the winners' bracket have finished before one in the losers'.

Jiggy37 said:
Honestly, losers' or winners' brackets, nobody ever had a chance from the days that slayn and Nabster92 entered, and then the day dragonlife29 was accepted as a substitute. >_> Unless there are some mysterious incredible players in this tournament who I just haven't played and who (somehow) exactly nobody on GAF has hyped to the sky (or I just haven't heard of them), I really think it's going to be one of those three.

Edit: Wait, Relix too. Yeah, there's our top four right there. Again, at least just going by what I've seen--I've played like two dozen GAFers (with Relix being the only one on this list that I haven't) and they're far and away the best, as well as just some of the best competition I've had period. Edit 2: ...Counting only people who are in this tournament. Ysiadmihi is incredible too, but he's not here.

Edit 3: Fascinating how ten matches in the winners' bracket have finished before one in the losers'.

I suck because my name is from DBZ

I'll remember that one

slayn

Jiggy37 said:

all it takes is a bad game or two to make an upset. I mean just look at march madness. I played Olive a lot, and yeah I think I win more often than not then we'll just play one game where he's in the zone and I'm not and he rapes me.

Same for you. You can only predict victory if someone is good enough to butcher everyone every time. Otherwise fate has a funny way of playing things out.

Hell in my 2nd match again Fenix I promptly put on a display equal to what I saw in your pikachu where I hurried off the ledge like there was a million dollars down there.

Jiggy

Cyan said:
Way to psych out all their future opponents and create a self-fulfilling prophecy. A pox on all four of your houses!
Maybe that's what happened to me. I'd already heard they were awesome before I played them, so perhaps I merely freaked out and did more poorly than I would have normally. Yeah, that's the ticket. This is my new official excuse for losing! :D

slayn said:
all it takes for a bad game or two to make an upset.
Yeah, this is surely true. Especially with the status of lag. :(

slayn

Somehow I think Jiggy is going to wind up winning this whole thing. And then he won't be allowed to to be humble and think he sucks anymore. Which will make his head explode.

Jiggy

Oh yeah? Well, if I made it to the finals, maybe I'd just jump off the edge three times to prove you wrong so that I can be right. So what then, huh. What then. >_>

slayn

I'll be sure to be your opponent in the finals, and kill myself faster than you can kill yourself

Blizzard

Banned
:(

Had a super close match on final destination against joefu13. Kirby vs. pikachu. I killed myself twice recovering with kirby hitting the wrong direction by accident, and lost when his pikachu had 156%.

I feel I should have won the first one, but I lost miserably on the second one, Smashville with kirby vs. G&W. Apparently he can combo into down smash, and it's obscene. Good luck joefu.

JoeFu

Banned
Just played against Blizz

First match was like super super super super super close.
I was Pikachu and he was Kirby, he kinda killed himself twice but that was probably because i was spamming pikachu's B move, anyways, last stock, were both at 165%, i use pikachu's forward B while Blizz uses Kirby's side smash, I hit him first and won that one, but man it was intense.

Second match on Smashville I was G&W and Blizz was Kirby ,won that one.

Blizz has the best Kirby I've played against so far.

Teknoman

Also I gotta watch those recoveries. Alot of my deaths in past matches have been from me somehow miscalculating an up+b, or it not registering even if i'm able to do the move.

Teknoman

JoeFu said:
Yeah, I'm pretty unlucky when it comes to recoveries, I get under the stage sometimes....

lol that happened with me against Deceit. I was trying to be all fancy with Diddy Kong's Jetpack...and I ended up charging too long. Though I put up a better fight with him than with Snake.

Meh...i've gotta quit being so hasty with the A button after matches. One recorded replay for this tournament isnt gonna fly :lol

I must admit, the thing that is pushing me forward in this tournament was Jiggy saying my name means I must be overcompensating, hehehe.

To those who've played him, is Crushed at/near the level of Jiggy's (for lack of a better term) Elite Four (whom from what I understand, Jiggy should be a part of as well)? I want to know how well I should expect to do really. I've only been able to see that he's a C4 monster and plants it almost subconciously.

Teknoman

Well the cool thing is, ALL the matches i've had in this tourny = 0 lag for me. So at least I have some Brawl opponents who I can have even more fun with after the tournament is over.

Jiggy

scottnak said:
Rapid-death tourney?
Toon Link, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, and Sonic for top tier! Well, more like just Sonic, actually, since he'd be able to run to the edge fastest.

Nabster92

Jiggy37 said:
I don't mean any offense to anyone. But man, slayn/Nabster/dragon are so freaking amazing. :eek:

Hah where does all this praise come from? I think we've played like once and that wasn't even 1v1's right? I think like 3/4 of this gaf hype you speak of is from yourself. Besides there's no guarantee any of us will get to the finals, I barely made it by the first round and was like a hit away from death in both games. There's quite a high chance that some gaffer will come along with some play style that baffles me enough for him to squeak two wins in.

Speaking of gaffers coming along(or gaffers that need to rather), I still haven't heard back from you for our 2nd round match layzie.

Top Bottom