• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Olive i didnt mean to leave you out earlier, it's just that i have played you before, you probably have the best falco out there, i guess i'll fight when all the other guys shut me up.

biggkidd32 said:
Olive i didnt mean to leave you out earlier, it's just that i have played you before, you probably have the best falco out there, i guess i'll fight when all the other guys shut me up.
Ah, no, no. I was just joking around. I'm not offended or anything.

Zeed

Banned
tmdorsey said:
GGs Zeed. Congrats
You fought well. Took a while to settle the settings but they were good games in the end.

Zeed: Lucario
tmdorsey: Toon Link

Round 1 - Castle Siege - Winner Zeed
Round 2 - Bridge of Eldin - Winner Zeed

tmdorsey

Zeed said:
You fought well. Took a while to settle the settings but they were good games in the end.

Zeed: Lucario
tmdorsey: Toon Link

Round 1 - Castle Siege - Winner Zeed
Round 2 - Bridge of Eldin - Winner Zeed

So did you. Very methodical, you were. LOL.

The lag was terrible too.

Jiggy

I have just played like 6-8 non-tournament matches with Nabster and I remember why I originally thought he was unbeatable. :eek: Predicting it here and now, Nabster for tournament winner.

Firestorm

Gamer @ Heart said:
Firestorm, will the winner of the "losers bracket" get to play the winner of the official one?

Yes. They are not seperate tournaments. Everyone is fighting for the same prize and same placement. If for example you make it to the finals, you'd play whoever's waiting for you as the winner of the winner's bracket. You'd have to beat him/her twice to win though because the winner's bracket person hasn't lost yet and this is double elimination.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jiggy37 said:
I have just played like 6-8 non-tournament matches with Nabster and I remember why I originally thought he was unbeatable. :eek: Predicting it here and now, Nabster for tournament winner.

Then that means I would win =O :D :D :lol :lol . Firestorm, my opponent and I were supposed to face off tonight be he's nowhere to be seen, I even added him to my MSN. You think a timelimit can be set?

Round 4

Biggkidd32 (Wolf) over Manabanana (Lucas) - smashville.

Biggkidd32 (Wolf) over Manabanana (Lucas) - Delfino Plaza.

Very tough opponent one of the best out there, gg's we have to do it again some other time.

Jiggy

Winners' Bracket Round 4 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Smashville. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) slayn (R.O.B., R.O.B.) over Jiggy37 (Kirby, Zelda) 2-0; Pokemon Stadium 2
2) biggkidd32 (Wolf, Wolf) over Manabanana (Lucas, Lucas) 2-0; Delfino Plaza
3) Nabster92 (Captain Falcon, Ike) over PunjabiPlaya (Ike, Ike) 2-0; Delfino Plaza
4) Milabrega (Pit, Pit, Pit) over MrCheez (Olimar, Olimar, Olimar) 2-1; Delfino Plaza, Shadow Moses Island
5) Kwokuen (Marth, Marth) over SuperAndroid17 (Wolf, Link) 2-0; Corneria
6) BlueSummers (Ness, Ness) over teasel (Olimar, Olimar) 2-0; Final Destination
7) Relix (Luigi, Luigi) over shaft (Ike, Ike) 2-0; Shadow Moses Island
8) Spruchy (Ike, Marth, Ike) over Killa Sasa (Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong) 2-1; Halberd, Battlefield

Matches complete: 8/8. 100% of this round of the winners' bracket is finished.
Shutouts: 6 (75%)
2-1 matchups: 2 (25%)

Preferred stages this round:
Delfino Plaza - 3
Shadow Moses Island - 2

Other stages were seen once each: Battlefield, Cornernia, Final Destination, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 2.

Losers' Bracket Round 4 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Smashville. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. The numbering system is the match order in Firestorm's bracket. Underlines show the order of winners.

1) layzie1989 (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas) over Beezy (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas) 2-1; stages unknown, order of winners unknown (but obviously layzie's Lucas won twice and lost once)
2) Zeed (Lucario, Lucario) over Baiano19 (Zero Suit Samus, Zero Suit Samus) 2-0; Pirate Ship
3) yeb (Snake, Snake) over rhfb (R.O.B., Olimar) 2-0; Onett
4) dragonlife29 (Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff) over jibblypop (Fox, Ike) 2-0; WarioWare
5) OliveJuice (Falco, Falco, Falco) over Phantom Flapjack (Ness, Ness, Zelda) 2-1; Onett, Final Destination
6) Dr.Hadji (Kirby, Falco) over Economan (Toon Link, Bowser) 2-0; Final Destination
7) Dreavus (Meta Knight, Meta Knight) over justchris (Kirby, Kirby) 2-0; Pirate Ship
8) Iam Canadian over dfyb by opponent forfeit
9) Rentahamster (R.O.B., R.O.B.) over Blizzard (Kirby, Kirby) 2-0; Final Destination
10) Crimmy (Snake, Snake) over weepy (Kirby, Diddy Kong) 2-0; Smashville
11) Vanish over Crushed by opponent forfeit
12) Cowie (Olimar, Olimar) over Toy Soldier (Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Trainer) 2-0; Mario Circuit
13) Keru_Shiri (Ike, Falco) over miggsthejust (R.O.B., Ike) 2-0; Luigi's Mansion
14) funkmastergeneral (Pikachu, Pikachu) over Firestorm (Meta Knight, Toon Link) 2-0; Pirate Ship
15) scottnak over SuperAngelo64 by opponent forfeit
16) XiaNaphyrz (Zelda, Zelda) over infiniteloop (Mario, Mario) 2-0; Mario Circuit

Matches complete: 16/16. 100% of this round of the losers' bracket is finished.
Shutouts: 11 (68.75%)
2-1 matchups: 2 (12.5%)
Forfeits: 3 (18.75%)

Preferred stages this round:
Final Destination, Pirate Ship - 3
Mario Circuit, Onett - 2

Other stages were seen once each: Luigi's Mansion, Smashville, WarioWare.

Firestorm

Relix said:
Then that means I would win =O :D :D :lol :lol . Firestorm, my opponent and I were supposed to face off tonight be he's nowhere to be seen, I even added him to my MSN. You think a timelimit can be set?

Time limit is Saturday since it's a Round 3 match.

Masked Man

I said wow
Whoa...my opponent got switched and I didn't even know! :lol

Sorry, I've just been SLAMMED with schoolwork for the past three weeks; couple that with training and work at mah new job (the 'Bucks, as Michael Scott would say), and I have no time for anything, really. But Olive and I have PM'ed accordingly and will be playing soon enough.

scottnak

Results:

G1: Scott (Kirby) over LouieGeeToo (Wario)
G2: Scott (Kirby) over LouieGeeToo (Pikachu) on Pirate Ship

Unfortunate first kill for LouieGeeToo, flung by the catapult. Haha.

biggkidd32 said:
Round 4

Biggkidd32 (Wolf) over Manabanana (Lucas) - smashville.

Biggkidd32 (Wolf) over Manabanana (Lucas) - Delfino Plaza.

Very tough opponent one of the best out there, gg's we have to do it again some other time.

I appreciate the compliments. I got sloppy on the second match; complete shutout. Good luck, man. Hope to see you in the finals :D

scottnak said:
Results:

G1: Scott (Kirby) over LouieGeeToo (Wario)
G2: Scott (Kirby) over LouieGeeToo (Pikachu) on Pirate Ship

Unfortunate first kill for LouieGeeToo, flung by the catapult. Haha.
Yeah; I guess I should pay more attention to my own counterpick stage. Nice games. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Yes, while my second round match will hopefully be done tomorrow, I'm not sure how I'll be able to get round 3 done as I'm swamped with work lately. It's getting quite difficult to keep up, especially considering that I've got a test coming up in a class that I'm frankly struggling in. >_<

Relix said:
Firestorm said:
Time limit is Saturday since it's a Round 3 match.

Sent a PM to Relix explaining my cause for not being able to fight todays match. Tomorrow hopefully we can have that battle.

Teknoman

Iam Canadian said:
Yes, while my second round match will hopefully be done tomorrow, I'm not sure how I'll be able to get round 3 done as I'm swamped with work lately. It's getting quite difficult to keep up, especially considering that I've got a test coming up in a class that I'm frankly struggling in. >_<

Same here...except mine is next week.

Firestorm

mattso never did his first round match either. I'll get Mark D the win due to forfeit. Ok. Round 2 winners is complete. Get Round 3 done ASAP guys.

Dunno exactly what's happening with losers. If your opponent has not responded, tell me how long it's been.

Smash Round 3

MrCheez vs BudokaiMR2

BudokaiMR2: Marth
MrCheez: Olimar

Round 1 @ fire emblem: MrCheez
Round 2 @ Hyrule castle: BudokaiMR2
Round 3 @ Shadow Moses: MrCheez

Result: MrCheez's victory

Those were some really intense matches. Lag was manageable on my end too.

Good luck in the tourney MrCheez!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
ROUND 3

MrCheez VS BudokaiMR2

...FIGHT!

Match 1 - MrCheez (Olimar) over BudokaiMR2 (Marth) on Castle Siege
Match 2 - BudokaiMR2 (Marth) over MrCheez (Olimar) on Hryule Temple (Melee)
Match 3 - MrCheez (Olimar) over BudokaiMR2 (Marth) on Shadow Moses Island

Winner: MrCheez and his Mighty Pikmin Horde

Those were some great matches! :O Budokai had an AMAZING comeback on the second one! THis tournament is a blast so far :)

edit: redundant stat post :p sorry. oh well.

Thanks again Budokai, can't wait to play your marth again soon :)

Bloodwake

Well, I'm at least forty miles away from my Wii right now. The thing is that I lost my phone last night in the drunken chaos of a Berea party, so I may not be able to get back in time to play PunjabiPlaya.

However, if I'm not on at 4 (which I think is 5 where he is) I will be on later tonight guaranteed.

Bloodwake said:
Well, I'm at least forty miles away from my Wii right now. The thing is that I lost my phone last night in the drunken chaos of a Berea party, so I may not be able to get back in time to play PunjabiPlaya.

However, if I'm not on at 4 (which I think is 5 where he is) I will be on later tonight guaranteed.
What time zone are you in? I'm EST, so just let me know when you can play, I'll check my PMs often.

Jiggy

Predicting MrCheez and Kwokuen to dominate the tournament along with the others I already predicted: Relix, slayn, Nabster92 (winner right there), OliveJuice, Dr.Hadji if he keeps going. Oh, also biggkidd32 and Manabanana have gotten great reports in IRC, so them too. And JCX9.

Everybody in the tournament set to dominate the tournament. :eek:

Oh, another prediction: Firestorm will have headaches on Saturday.
Round 3 (Deadline: Saturday April 5th at 10 PM Pacific)
With 24 matches yet to happen in the losers' bracket this round and all. :p

slayn

needs to show more effort.
[jiggy]I predict that someone will win some games, and someone will lose sometimes, and maybe someone will win this tournament[/jiggy]

jibblypop

Banned
JSnake said:
I predict that I will win all my matches because all my opponents will be inactive.

I'll play you eventually whenever your other opponent shows up! I can't promise that I will win though! I only win by accident!

Bloodwake

Round 3: Bloodwake vs. PunjabiPlaya

PunjabiPlaya (Ike) defeated Bloodwake (Captain Falcon), Castle Siege
PunjabiPlaya (Ike) defeated Bloodwake (Captain Falcon), Shadow Moses Island

Wow, man, very good game. As expected, I got my ass handed to me by a decent Ike player. I just couldn't smash his ass out.

Off to the loser's bracket with me!

Bloodwake

Alright, time for the Round 2 breakdown:

Games left in Round 2 (Losers' Bracket) to finish:

Michan vs. Malfunky
Gekkonidae vs. Fuzzery
Costanza vs. Mugwhump
Ashtong vs. el jacko
Archie vs. Spirit Icana

Blizzard

Banned
Bloodwake said:
Alright, time for the Round 2 breakdown:

Games left in Round 2 (Losers' Bracket) to finish:

vertopci vs. Iam Canadian (sounds like this will happen tonight)
Michan vs. Malfunky
Gekkonidae vs. Fuzzery
Costanza vs. Mugwhump
Ashtong vs. el jacko
Archie vs. Spirit Icana

The round 3 deadline is Saturday, and they're still letting people finish round 2? o_O

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Good games, Vertopci! You put up a terrific fight! I thought for sure you had me in round 3. :D

Match 1 - Iam Canadian (Lucas) over Vertopci (Fox) on Final Destination.
Match 2 - Vertopci (Falco) over Iam Canadian (Lucas) on Final Destination.
Match 3 - Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Vertopci (Falco) on Luigi's Mansion.

Now (finally) on to round 3!

Top Bottom