• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Just in:

Round 3: Killa Sasa over Mark D

Killa Sasa (Donkey Kong) defeated Mark D(Toon Link), Castle Siege
Killa Sasa (Yoshi) defeated Mark D (Meta-Knight), Shadow Moses Island

GG's man, I hope you didn't lag at all, my side was a perfect connection (green dot, anyway).

Looking forward to the next round against Spruchy :D should be awesome too, like the rest of this tournament.

Mark D

Killa Sasa said:
Just in:

Round 3: Killa Sasa over Mark D

Killa Sasa (Donkey Kong) defeated Mark D(Toon Link), Castle Siege
Killa Sasa (Yoshi) defeated Mark D (Meta-Knight), Shadow Moses Island

GG's man, I hope you didn't lag at all, my side was a perfect connection (green dot, anyway).

Yeah I was lagging pretty badly, I didn't really have a chance at winning. That's weird that only one of us would lag. Good matches though, it was nice to finally play some in this tourney. :D

Milabrega

Cyan, I know our match is set for ten minutes from now, and your coming from work so you may not be on time, just a heads up I can't stay much later after our scheduled time, so if we don't get our match in, PM with what time is good for you Saturday.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
Tournament results:

Round 1:

Animal Crossing

Marth (Kwokuen) vs. Wolf (Droid)

Round 2:

Corneria

Marth (Kwokuen) vs. Link (Droid)

Winner: Kwokuen

Milabrega

Round 3

Milabrega (Pit) over Cyan (Pikachu) Castle Siege
Milabrega (Pit) over Cyan (Diddy) Yoshi's Island(Brawl)

Good Games Cyan.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Round 3 Match

Relix vs. SixStringPsycho (Fox)
SixStringPsycho vs Relix (Final Dest)
Relix vs. SixStrin Psycho (Battlefield)

I used Luigi every battle. He used Ike on the second and third matches. Lag was VERY bad, but still it was playable, good games! :D SixString, your worst mistake was using Ike against me. I have a PhD against him haha. Also... you got lucky I selfed myself on Final Dest >_<

2-1 RELIX!

Those 3 battle were fucking epic. And yeah the lag was annoying, I think it was on my side since my connection got lost when I got home. Just another rainy day here.
Anyway, GG Relix I almost had ya

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Round 3 match, losers bracket

XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs Auron_Kale (Snake) - Castle Siege
XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs Auron_Kale (Snake) - Final Destination

XiaNaphryz moves on 2-0.

I guess I play the winner of the infiniteloop/bran match...has that happened yet?

Just finished my fight with Xia, I lost both rounds. I'm actually quite cool with the result. I look forward to another brawl or two in the near future. Hopefully by then I'll be a better player, afterall, I'm still learning the game. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Incidentally, my matches with Vertopci reminded me of how much the three-minute limit for replays sucks. All three of them were epic duels for the ages, and I hate how I can't watch them again. The real dilemma is that the matches that are short enough to actually be saved generally aren't the interesting ones that warrant being saved anyway.

Jiggy

What I really don't understand is why the time limit is so inflexible, given the way replays are saved. I mean, even assuming that there was a limited number of button inputs that they were capable of storing in a single session, shouldn't they have been able to save at least six minutes for a two-player match, seeing as there's only half the number of players to track? o_O

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I know this has been said before, but maybe some of the space that went to providing 99 save files for Subspace could have gone toward longer replays. >_<

Even if longer replays took more blocks to save, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice. I'd just put them on my SD card anyway. >_>

TheCrow

Jiggy37 said:
slayn demoralizes everybody except, like, Nabster92 and Relix. D:

I was hoping to at least put up a fight thinking everyone was exaggerating slayns ability. Oh I was wrong. In the first match I couldn't even kill him once. Then in the second match I only got close to killing him twice. :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
TheCrow said:
I was hoping to at least put up a fight thinking everyone was exaggerating slayns ability. Oh I was wrong. In the first match I couldn't even kill him once. Then in the second match I only got close to killing him twice. :(
I hope I didn't scare you and tmd away from IRC D:

Since our match was part of the irc mini-tournament, I was playing as focused/seriously as possible and used only my best characters. Normally when we're all just playing around I get smacked around all the time.

Hell, there was a series of matches a few days ago where droid 2 stocked me like 5 matches in a row.
biggkidd32 said:
I don't think much of that.
I think you misunderstood (or I miscounted) based on what you said in IRC. I wasn't predicting I was going to beat you. When I counted it up, better than 116 people was what I got even if I lost every game from here on out. It was supposed to go along with jiggy's "predictions."

Thats alright, I was just playing around. Actually I'm really looking forward to our match, to bad I lost against usea in the mini, that would have speed things up.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I lost to Olive in the mini goddammit. I always beat him (well, most of the time), and I lost last night. Meh. We are gonna end it tonight, sorry I had to leave last night in a rush. i am taking this pill and it leaves me so fucking drowsy. I also had work today, so yeah..... but tonight WE PLAY IN HELL bwahahahahaha.

And I still need a singles opponent, damn. I wanna get over with R4.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I PMed bran and infiniteloop to get an update on when they'll play their round 3 match as I play the winner in round 4.

Relix said:
I lost to Olive in the mini goddammit. I always beat him (well, most of the time), and I lost last night. Meh. We are gonna end it tonight, sorry I had to leave last night in a rush. i am taking this pill and it leaves me so fucking drowsy. I also had work today, so yeah..... but tonight WE PLAY IN HELL bwahahahahaha.

And I still need a singles opponent, damn. I wanna get over with R4.
I've only used Kirby against you and it's usually really close you've won some, and I've won some. I think my Kirby's even with your Luigi. We'll have to see about the other characters.

Blizzard

Banned
PM #2 sent to bigmakstudios. This one was more creative. I will see if it provokes a response. I hope not. I have decided the best way to win these tournaments is through lucky items (in the other one) and lucky opponents who don't show up and forfeit (in this one).

JSnake

Yeah, at this point, there's no way I'm going to get in a match with dragonlife even if he does respond (which itself is unlikely).

I want to apologize to everyone I've held back. I'm so sorry! D: I'm finally free from the chains of life, and have returned to GAF.

Jiggy

Pit's arrows, truly the best projectile in the game. D: In terms of speed and trajectory, anyway; R.O.B.'s laser and Gyromite have utility for other reasons. I'm sad that there's no more Dr. Mario, though. The vitamins would probably be even better now with Brawl being slower in the air.

JoeFu

Banned
I've been busy and stuff and I won't have time this weekend to play. I think I'll just forfeit here... I don't wanna, but I don't have time.

Top Bottom