• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Match results between JSnake and myself.

dragonlife29 (Jigglypuff) vs JSnake (Ike) on Castle Siege: Winner = dragonlife29
dragonlife29 (Jigglypuff) vs JSnake (Ike) on Final Destination: Winner = dragonlife29

All in all, I had a blast! Thanks for the games, JSnake. Now, can someone enlighten this disoriented youth as to what happens now? (READ: Where was I and where am I now?)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
JoeFu said:
I've been busy and stuff and I won't have time this weekend to play. I think I'll just forfeit here... I don't wanna, but I don't have time.

Shaft wins then? Alright Shaft, you are my opponent if Firestorm says its ok.

Zeed

Banned
dragonlife29 said:
Now, can someone enlighten this disoriented youth as to what happens now? (READ: Where was I and where am I now?)
Your next match is against jibblypop for Round 4 of the Loser's Bracket. So basically you're on schedule again.

I wish Kusagari and Baiano19 would play already so that I could know who exactly I'm going up against next.

Zeed said:
Your next match is against jibblypop for Round 4 of the Loser's Bracket. So basically you're on schedule again.

I wish Kusagari and Baiano19 would play already so that I could know who exactly I'm going up against next.
Thank you for the help :) (And you know this by looking at the death-to-the-eyes bracket? o_O)

Jiggy

The third-party host thing didn't work the last two times it was tried. :( Gamer @ Heart and I never worked out, and OliveJuice had to switch opponents as well.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
The best projectile is R.O.B's laser. I love reflecting it off of walls and it's actually got mild KO power when it's fully charged. The only real downside is that you can't exactly rapid-fire it. Still, it's great for knocking an opponent off balance.

And there will always be a soft spot in my heart for PK Fire and PK Thunder. :D

justchris

Well, no response from projectkuro yet, but I PM'd him again. Hopefully he'll respond and we can pull something out by tonight.

Bloodwake

In terms of Round 2 and 3 matches, they need to be done TODAY by 10 PM PDT.

Round 2 (Loser's Bracket)
Michan vs. Malfunky
Gekkonidae vs. Fuzzery
Costanza vs. Mugwhump
Ashtong vs. el jacko
Archie vs. Spirit Icana

Round 3 (Loser's Bracket)

Dragmire vs. Beezy
Gamer @ Heart vs. layzie1989
Kusagari vs. Baiano19
MGrant vs. rhfb
(MGrant inactive?)
Kinosen vs. Dreavus
justchris vs. projectkuro
Iam Canadian vs. Teknoman
Muttyeah316 vs. dfyb
bigmakstudios vs. Blizzard
armubaba vs. Rentahamster
weepy vs. whoever the fuck wins the Round 2 match Michan vs. Malfunky
zaxor0 vs. Crimmy
(may need an extension)
Vanish vs. mattso
Crushed vs. whoever the fuck wins the round 2 match Gekkonidae vs. Fuzzery
Toy Soldier vs. whoever the fuck wins the round 2 match Costanza vs. Mugwhump
Keru_Shiri vs. Zozz
funkmastergeneral vs. whoever the fuck wins the round 2 match Ashtong vs. el jacko
SuperAngelo64 vs. whoever the fuck wins the round 2 match Archie vs. Spirit Icana
infiniteloop vs. bran

Bloodwake said:
Kinosen vs. Dreavus (?)(Also, since OliveJuice won, who is his next round opponent? I'm confused.)
I'm guessing that I switched places with Dreavus in the brackets. So I'll be facing the winner of justchris and projectkuro.

zaxor0

My and my opponent, Crimmy, haven't been able to get time to play each other, We have both been communicaiting a lot, its just that our schedules don't fit the greatest. Is it possible for us to have an extension till monday? I wont be home this weekend to play but I will be back on monday morning. I assume he has work until that evening so we probably wouldn't play until night. Sorry about this.

Bloodwake

OliveJuice said:
I'm guessing that I switched places with Dreavus in the brackets. So I'll be facing the winner of justchris and projectkuro.

Well, the thing is the only people the software will allow to switch places is you and MaskedMan. So, I think we will have to wait and see exactly who wins the other match to see exactly who you face next round in order to see exactly what the bracket software will allow.

I have a backup bracket of the tournament on my own computer for my own enjoyment (sort of like filling out March Madness except for the Smash Bros. tournament) and it's structured identically to Firestorm's brackets.

Blizzard

Banned
bigmakstudios responded to my second PM, as follows:

lol, sorry for missing your PM. I could play. <_>
I don't even know how I got matched up with you thought. I already lost... I thought I was eliminated, wtf? lol.

I replied to that, but he hasn't responded yet. I'll send another PM later this afternoon if he still hasn't replied.

Bloodwake said:
Well, the thing is the only people the software will allow to switch places is you and MaskedMan. So, I think we will have to wait and see exactly who wins the other match to see exactly who you face next round in order to see exactly what the bracket software will allow.

I have a backup bracket of the tournament on my own computer for my own enjoyment (sort of like filling out March Madness except for the Smash Bros. tournament) and it's structured identically to Firestorm's brackets.
It can't do a simple thing like switching people? :/

Bloodwake

OliveJuice said:
It can't do a simple thing like switching people? :/

For some reason it can only switch one person in a match, and that's the person who just lost out of the loser's bracket.

Maybe there is a way I haven't looked at yet. I will investigate the software more closely.

More explanation:

Right-clicking on a match will show a menu with all the options discussed above, in addition to a "Manual Swap..." entry. A director can use the manual swap option to correct any inconsistencies they detect in the losers bracket of a game. In the example above, if the director feels Champ should go to losers bracket spot B instead of A, they can right click on Champ and select Manual Swap, then select the B slot to move him there. There may be cases where doing so can save two players from facing each other a second time until one round later; it is impossible for tio to detect this manually, so a director is encouraged to use a manual swap if they feel it is for the good of the tournament. This can only happen in a bracket larger than the example above.

Firestorm

Don't worry about the next round. Just finish this one.

I don't think it can switch. After all, it was made with offline Smash Bros. Melee tournaments in mind.

Bloodwake

One thing that would be a cool feature:

If Nintendo had placed some way for online spectating specifically with people you have friended through codes. It would have been an awesome way to watch the tournament unfold.

Firestorm said:
Don't worry about the next round. Just finish this one.

I don't think it can switch. After all, it was made with offline Smash Bros. Melee tournaments in mind.

If that was for me, I already finished this round.

OliveJuice said:
Great games Masked Man.

OliveJuice (Falco) over Masked Man (Lucas)
OliveJuice (Falco) over Masked Man (Lucas) (Pictochat)

Just let me know what happens/who I face when you get the chance.

Jiggy

Dr.Hadji said:
Dr.Hadji(Kirby) over Economan(TLink) on Battlefield
Dr.Hadji(Falco) over Economan(Bowser) on FD

Winner: Dr.Hadji
I have this sinking feeling that he's going to get to where I am and then three-stock me twice. D:

That one really went back and forth:

miggsthejust(ROB) vs. kIdMuScLe(IKE)
miggsthejust(ROB) vs. kIdMuScLe(IKE) shadow moses
miggsthejust(ROB) vs. kIdMuScLe(IKE) Final Destination

I waited all week for a response from Layzie1989, then finnaly got one on thursady that just said "you there?" . I didnt see it until last night then sent him another message with my FC and for a time that we can fight and there hasnt been a response yet. Whats going to happen if we dont get around to fighting firestorm?

Blizzard

Banned
Sent a final PM to bigmakstudios...he hadn't responded to the last one he sent, though he finally sent one reply saying he could play. I reminded him in this one that he should let me know and post by like 1 a.m. EST max...

Firestorm

SCREW YOU GUYS I QUIT

jk

Tell me when the last time you guys PMed your opponent was btw. Although I'll be going through all the posts again. I'll do it the same way I do my schoolwork. This means 9:59 PM.

04-05-2008 Re: brawl, round 3
06:30 PM layzie1989

04-04-2008 Re: brawl, round 3
10:41 PM layzie1989

04-02-2008 brawl, round 3
12:36 AM layzie1989

03-30-2008 brawl, round 3
03:26 AM layzie1989

These are the ones i have recieved:

Friday
04-04-2008 Re: brawl, round 3
02:52 PM layzie1989

Thursday
04-03-2008 Re: brawl, round 3
01:39 PM layzie1989

Both simply said "you there?"

Blizzard

Banned
Just got three messages from bigmakstudios. First one:

"sorry, I thought you were going to PM me with when you wanted to play. >_> Yeah, sure, I'll play. I'll add you now."

Second one was about stage.

Third one says:

"actually forget it. I just played for a few minutes now and I suck since I stopped playing it a few weeks ago. i'll concede this match to you. I don't really feel like playing smash bros right now anyway. >_> plus, the online lag never improved for me. :/"

I PMed him back and asked him if he was sure...if I can get in contact before the deadline maybe we can play. Otherwise, maybe it was my fault for not being more clear? I dunno. I can post my PM details if Firestorm works, and I'll see what bigmakstudios says.

Top Bottom