• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Bloodwake

I'd say after this round though we won't have as many problems. The third round winner's bracket went as smoothly as any group in the tournament. Hell, we have fourth round matches done and there hasn't even been an official post yet about a deadline for the fourth round.

As for me, I'm sitting pretty in the fifth round, resting and waiting patiently.

Firestorm

Sonuvabitch.

Can you guys try and connect to a third party? You've tried both ways right? Gamer @ Heart, I think something might be up with your connection. Have you followed the networking tips at the beginning of the topic?

Im up for trying to connect to a third party but if it didnt work for jiggy and i, i have a feeling it wont work for me tonight. I sent a PM to layzie about 15 minutes ago and havent heard back from him and hes no longer online in Smash bros. so i dont know if we will be able to try it tonight.

Im looking at the help link now, Fire, and from the looks of it there is nothing i can do to change my connection. Im in a dorm and i cant adjust any setting whatsoever. I have no problems with xbox live or any other wii online features, plus i have been able to connect with numerous people from gaf so im conflicted about wether the problem is totally me. Are we registered friends? If so, let me see if i can connect to you and if i cant then i can just drop out of the tourny or we could resort to mind fights "Hero" style.

Jiggy

Losers' Losers' Bracket Round 3 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Castle Siege. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable. Underlines show the order of winning characters.

1) Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (Gamer @ Heart, layzie1989) over Firestorm (Peace, Happiness) 2-0; Minus World

Firestorm

Gamer @ Heart said:
Im up for trying to connect to a third party but if it didnt work for jiggy and i, i have a feeling it wont work for me tonight. I sent a PM to layzie about 15 minutes ago and havent heard back from him and hes no longer online in Smash bros. so i dont know if we will be able to try it tonight.

Im looking at the help link now, Fire, and from the looks of it there is nothing i can do to change my connection. Im in a dorm and i cant adjust any setting whatsoever. I have no problems with xbox live or any other wii online features, plus i have been able to connect with numerous people from gaf so im conflicted about wether the problem is totally me. Are we registered friends? If so, let me see if i can connect to you and if i cant then i can just drop out of the tourny or we could resort to mind fights "Hero" style.

I'll add you and get online.

Bloodwake

It's the dorm connection, I guarantee it.

I can't connect to Xbox Live in my dorm. No problems yet with Nintendo Wi-Fi, however, for me.

Fucking colleges.

I have tried to join your games multiple times with no luck. Looks like im gone. Congratz layzie! For a while, i thought i would get an easy win with a forfeit so its a good thing you contacted me. :p

Hopefully when i move into my apartment at the begining of May, i wont have this problem.

Sorry for the trouble firestorm.

Bloodwake said:
It's the dorm connection, I guarantee it.

I can't connect to Xbox Live in my dorm. No problems yet with Nintendo Wi-Fi, however, for me.

Fucking colleges.

Why do you think i can connect to some but not others?

PS. can i try to connect to you just for fun?

Bloodwake

My wii isn't hooked up right now, and I'm actually taking a break from trying to beat MGS1 again. For some reason I have lost all skill at MGS.

woaaaaaaaaaah wtf how did that work......?!?!

ok just to clarify the matches we're playing now (me playing as marth) are after our matches... I still won th first two :lol :lol

Jiggy

layzie1989 said:
well I won the battle but smash bros online is losing the war
This is true. :( Some days I pwnz the chumpz and other days they three-stock me, and who in the world ever knows which one would be closer to the reality of the matter offline? D:

layzie1989 said:
this is probably the least amount of lag i've had while playing

Its super bad for me. Regardless good games. I made a deal with fire that if i couldnt connect with him i would drop out anyway so you would have won regardless. You connecting to me gave me hope. I thank you.

Jiggy, lets see if the magic spreads! Try to join my game!

Layz connected again. !!

Right before I connected with you I changed my wireless settings to accept DMZ (whatever that means)...that might have fixed it...just saying

Firestorm

I've decided to be a hardass this round.
The next post will contain a lot of disqualifications. This is taking me a while.

Nah I'm too nice. But let's just say a lot of people who are going into Round 3 might have been disqualified altogether!

Firestorm said:
The next post will contain a lot of disqualifications. This is taking me a while.

Will you promise me there will be another tourny during the summer? WILL YOU PROMISE ME!?!?!

P.S. Can i be on the honorably disqualified list?

Bloodwake

Firestorm said:

Nah I'm too nice. But let's just say a lot of people who are going into Round 3 might have been disqualified altogether!

I'm afraid.

Honestly this needs to be a hardass round anyways.

Firestorm

Round 3
[wins over people who never showed up for 3rd round]
justchris wins over projectkuro due to forfeit.
Vanish wins over mattso due to forfeit.
Blizzard wins over bigmakstudios due to forfeit.

[wins over people who never showed up for 2nd round]
Crushed wins over Gekkonidae due to forfeit.
Toy Soldier wins over Costanza due to forfeit.
funkmastergeneral wins over Ashhong due to forfeit.
SuperAngelo64 wins over Archie due to forfeit.

[neither player posted, on probation]
Beezy wins over Dragmire due to forfeit.
Baiano19 wins over Kusagari due to forfeit.
rhfb wins over MGrant due to forfeit.
dfyb wins over muttyeah316 due to forfeit.
Rentahamster wins over armubaba due to forfeit.

[both seem active]
zaxor and Crimmy have until Monday night to finish.
Dreavus and Kinosen have until Monday night to finish.
Iam Canadian and Teknoman have until Monday night to finish.
infiniteloop and bran have until Monday night to finish.
Keru_Shiri and Zozz have until Monday night to finish.

Round 2
[neither person showed up]
Gekkonidae wins over Fuzzery due to forfeit.
Ashhong wins over el jacko due to forfeit.
Archie wins over Spirit Icana due to forfeit.

[both are in contact]
Michan and Malfunky have until Sunday night to finish.

Updating bracket and will make new round post.

Note: OliveJuice do not move on yet.

Firestorm

Round 4 (Deadline: Wednesday April 9th at 10 PM Pacific Daylight Time)
First Stage: Smashville
stage06_thmbnail.jpg

Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Use your own IRC client or use the browser-based version: http://irc-pro.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=GlobalGamers&room=#gaf_sb

Firestorm

By the way guys, I created an allisbrawl page for the tournament =)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=568

It's like a social networking site for smashers. I'll upload the results there once done and you can see exactly how everything went as it's integrated with the software I'm using for brackets.

PMed funkmastergeneral.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PMed Shaft (R4) to see if we can do our match this morning, cuz he's in Europe and the time zone would make it impossible.

Vlad

Ok, I'm confused now... I just took another look at the bracket, and I can't quite figure something out:

Ok, so my first three rounds were against Mugwhump, Bran, and Bluesummers. I lost to Bluesummers and went on to the loser's bracket in space AR. However, even though I lost in the third round match, am I correct in reading that I'm not going to be playing a match until the fifth round?

Top Bottom