• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Firestorm said:
By the way guys, I created an allisbrawl page for the tournament =)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=568

It's like a social networking site for smashers. I'll upload the results there once done and you can see exactly how everything went as it's integrated with the software I'm using for brackets.

PMed funkmastergeneral.

I signed up. Why does it not have any of the provinces :/

Just let me know who/when to play.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Vlad said:
Ok, I'm confused now... I just took another look at the bracket, and I can't quite figure something out:

Ok, so my first three rounds were against Mugwhump, Bran, and Bluesummers. I lost to Bluesummers and went on to the loser's bracket in space AR. However, even though I lost in the third round match, am I correct in reading that I'm not going to be playing a match until the fifth round?
That looks right to me. The losers bracket is staggered such that new opponents in the losers bracket are only added every other round.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Round 4

Relix vs. Shaft
Relix vs. Shaft (Shadow Moses)

2-0. I win. For Jiggy stats, I 3 stocked him in the first match. I used Luigi, he used Ike. Now people, I don't wanna brag, but please DON'T use Ike against me :lol . By the way Shaft, it was practically lagless on my side, impressive considering you are on Europe =P. GGs, were funny.. especially the mistakes choosing the levels :lol

Shanks

So I am assuming Crushed is my next opponent? PM sent.

EDIT: He can't receive PMs, I'm pretty sure he was recently banned..

What now?

justchris

I finally got a message from projectkuro, he's dropping out cause he doesn't have time to play right now, so I guess you made the right decision.

So now I'm playing the winner of the Dreavus/Masked Man match?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Killa Sasa and Spruchy... get to it. I need my R5 opponent :D . By the way, what level has been chosen for that round?

Firestorm

justchris said:
I finally got a message from projectkuro, he's dropping out cause he doesn't have time to play right now, so I guess you made the right decision.

So now I'm playing the winner of the Dreavus/Masked Man match?

Yeah. Wait for that one. It's a weird case.

Vlad said:
Ok, I'm confused now... I just took another look at the bracket, and I can't quite figure something out:

Ok, so my first three rounds were against Mugwhump, Bran, and Bluesummers. I lost to Bluesummers and went on to the loser's bracket in space AR. However, even though I lost in the third round match, am I correct in reading that I'm not going to be playing a match until the fifth round?

Yes. People have waiting ahead of them. Sorry. Just check this thread at least once a day and at least glance at the bracket.

Shanks said:
So I am assuming Crushed is my next opponent? PM sent.

EDIT: He can't receive PMs, I'm pretty sure he was recently banned..

What now?

If he doesn't get unbanned soon you move on.

Relix said:
Killa Sasa and Spruchy... get to it. I need my R5 opponent :D . By the way, what level has been chosen for that round?

Delfino Plaza.

Firestorm

No. Shanks misread. I didn't realize until just now. It's Vanish vs Crushed and winner plays Shanks. Something tells me Crushed won't be back for a while though...

Spruchy

Round 4:
Spruchy(ike) over Sasakilla(donkeykong) on Smashville.
Sasakilla(donkeykong) over Spruchy(marth) on Halberd.
Spruchy(ike) over Sasakilla(donkeykong) on Battlefield.

Round 4:

Spruchy (Ike) over Killa Sasa (DK)
Killa Sasa (DK) over Spruchy (Marth); Halberd
Spruchy (Ike) over Killa Sasa (DK); Battlefield

Best Ike I've seen yet. Fire Emblem bastard :D. I am a) happy because that was by far the best Smash match I've played in about 5 years and b) pissed because I could smell victory, only to have it snatched from my fingertips by Ike's side smash. SOOOOOOOO close. To the loser's bracket I go, where forfeits shall lead me to the top and I will have a chance for my revenge.

And Spruchy, you can see why I chose Halberd in our second match:lol The claw for some reason always screws over my opponents :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
infiniteloop said:
bran PMed me to say he couldn't make it.

PM'd XiaNaphryz for the best time
Replied and waiting for a response. Hoping to get our match in tonight.

Assuming I survive long enough, I hope to get through as many tourney rounds this week as I can before I leave for vacation on Saturday.

Jiggy

Relix said:
2-0. I win. For Jiggy stats, I 3 stocked him in the first match. I used Luigi, he used Ike. Now people, I don't wanna brag, but please DON'T use Ike against me :lol .
I beat your Luigi with Ike on Halberd that time.

EVEN THOUGH I NEVER USE HIM. :mad: Flipping Ike, I hate him so much. Why does he win when all I do is flail about without a plan. :mad: If Dr.Hadji gets to me and either 3-stocks me or 2-stocks me in our first match without the help of me suiciding, I just might pick Ike because at that point he couldn't do much worse than my mains and maybe he'd do even better.
And because I could earn Ike another loss in the character listings. Yeah, baby, yeah. :eek:

Relix, Spruchy is the truth. If you're as good as the reputation that precedes you, then Round 5 between you and him is the championship match.

But I'll be back :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Killa Sasa said:
Relix, Spruchy is the truth. If you're as good as the reputation that precedes you, then Round 5 between you and him is the championship match.

But I'll be back :p

Now I am pumped up. Let's see if we can have that match in the next 30 minutes :D

EDIT: Jiggy, the stats, get on them! =P

Zeed

Banned
Okay Baiano, what the hell dude.

I was winning 2-1 with all the rules in place and then he pulls a No Contest. Then I get this PM from him:

Baiano19 said:
for some reason my connection is terrible today...

wanna do other day or try again?
If we play again, Baiano, that match counts as my win. I don't like to drag shit out let's go right now.

Zeed

Banned
Loser's Bracket Round 4

Zeed: Lucario
Baiano19: Zero Suit Samus

Match 1: Smashville - Winner Zeed
Match 2: Pirate Ship - Winner Zeed

Good games Baiano, despite the lag and the first match. Second game was pretty close.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ROUND 5

Relix vs. Spruchy
Relix vs. Spruchy (Battlefield)

2-0

Both used Luigi and Ike respectively. WOHOOOO. Awesome games Spruchy, that last one on Battlefield had me considerably nervous =P

OK now I want to fight Relix. If he swept Spruchy then damn....damn.

Edit: I added you. My BC is 2191-7323-1308 if you do want to fight at another time.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Killa Sasa said:
OK now I want to fight Relix. If he swept Spruchy then damn....damn.

Edit: I added you. My BC is 2191-7323-1308 if you do want to fight at another time.

We can play tomorrow then. I am going to bed now since I had 2 tourney fights today, countless others against Droid, Kidd and co.... Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. I am kinda tired of games for the night =P. But yeah, we can play tomorrow or later on. I'll be adding you then =)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Loser's bracket, Round 4

XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs infiniteloop (Mario) - Smashville
XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs infiniteloop (Mario) - Mario Circuit

XiaNaphryz wins 2-0.

I guess this means I'm playing Bloodwake in Round 5.

Bloodwake

XiaNaphryz said:
Loser's bracket, Round 4

XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs infiniteloop (Mario) - Smashville
XiaNaphryz (Zelda) vs infiniteloop (Mario) - Mario Circuit

XiaNaphryz wins 2-0.

I guess this means I'm playing Bloodwake in Round 5.

Responded to XiaNaphryz's PM. There will be more PM communication, due to the fact I just got back to school and homework is going to suck ass this week. I told him I would try to play him before he left on vacation, however.

Teasel

well i have been defeated... nobody will continue olimar legacy anymore... and to a ness! truly a sad day for the gaming community :(
err... anyway i lost 2-0 first match was on smashville and second match was on final destination

Top Bottom