• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion runs at 720p on PS4?

crozier

If that were true we'd have heard about it by now from angry devs.
Microsoft's Content Submission and Release Policy, seen by Eurogamer, details its third-party publisher guidelines.

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platform, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available," it reads.

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

Looks like feature parity too, at least in the case of 360.

That's while 3D is running, right?

(Give me more 3D games, now that consoles actually have the power to run them at better resolutions and more consistent framerates, dammit!)
Is this game going to be in 3D or are you speculating/joking?

Trine 2 looks so goddamn good in 3D on PS4. =\

In this case I don't think resolution is considered a feature.

It would be strange for a game of this nature to not be 1080p but refusing to buy it due to it? It's Trials... The game has never been known (and/or played for that matter) due to "great graphics". A bit silly IMO.

Agreed ,all prior Trials games have been easily one of my most played games on any system.

Seventy5

this fixation on resolution is fucking ridiculous. what difference does it make as long as the game is FUN? it's impossible to read a discussion without this shit coming up nowadays.
April Fool's, surely? How can a game be fun if it doesn't have enough Ps?

Shin-Ra

It looks full 1080p in this shot:

i6DGfe3gooxCX.jpg

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_trials_fusion_release_date_and_videos-15073_en.html (Track Central)

But the videos there are all Xbone and appear to be sub-1080p with tearing.

Overdoziz

Banned
No it isn't...?

I've had texture popping and that's it. Outside of that it ran perfectly fine in the 10 odd levels I tried.
What are your specs? I have an i5 4670k and HD 7850 and I get regular framedrops, stuttering and slowdown (as a result of framedrops) on some of the tracks.

Zafir

What are your specs? I have an i5 4670k and HD 7850 and I get regular framedrops, stuttering and slowdown (as a result of framedrops) on some of the tracks.
I've got a i5 3570k overclocked at 4.2Ghz and a 660 TI, was even running it at 1440p.

Piggus

this fixation on resolution is fucking ridiculous. what difference does it make as long as the game is FUN? it's impossible to read a discussion without this shit coming up nowadays.

Believe it or not, some people actually have standards for how a game should look on new hardware in 2014. How is it so shocking to you that people expect an upgrade in visuals over 8 year old systems?

system11

Believe it or not, some people actually have standards for how a game should look on new hardware in 2014. How is it so shocking to you that people expect an upgrade in visuals over 8 year old systems?

I can't believe 30fps gets a free pass so often, those missing 30 frames are way better than extra pixels in look and feel.

With a 60" 1080p screen. Resolution is a big factor for me. "FUN" isn't the only reason I play games, I also tend to look at them a lot.

Plus, we're in the 'next gen'. a 720p game is basically unforgivable at this point.

I play on a 100 screen that's 1080p capable. Last gen I played many sub hd games on it (COD) and it wasn't some unplayable travesty.

Sectus

The PC beta is such a mess. ;_;

What issues did you encounter? I played the beta for a couple of hours, and the only issue I encountered were some buttons prompts which couldn't decide to show gamepad or keyboard icons.

Performance-wise, it destroys the Trials Evolution port. I had stuttering problems with basically any settings in Evolution, but with Fusion I'm able to max out everything at 2560x1440 and I haven't seen any framedrops.

Zafir

What issues did you encounter? I played the beta for a couple of hours, and the only issue I encountered were some buttons prompts which couldn't decide to show gamepad or keyboard icons.

Performance-wise, it destroys the Trials Evolution port. I had stuttering problems with basically any settings in Evolution, but with Fusion I'm able to max out everything at 2560x1440 and I haven't seen any framedrops.
I found out a solution to the button prompt issue by the way, basically disconnect your controller and plug it back in while playing the game. Annoying that you have to do it, but less annoying than putting up with the button prompts constantly swapping.

VanWinkle

Take that Sony Ponies! PS4 is a weak piece of junk!

In seriousness though, I thought the game was slated for 1080p?

We don't even know the resolution for sure. For all we know, this could be a typo. That's more realistic than this game running below 1080p on PS4.

I play on a 100 screen that's 1080p capable. Last gen I played many sub hd games on it (COD) and it wasn't some unplayable travesty.

Good for you. I paid $400 to hopefully have games in resolutions that were promised in 2006.

Plus, I didn't say it was an unplayable travesty ... but come on. There are some expectations here. I have a 3DS so it's not like the resolution is always #1 but not being 1080p on the fucking PS4 is a joke. ACIV is 1080p and I'm pretty sure it's got a little bit going on onscreen.

Sure, I can play the NES version of Tetris on a theater screen if I wanted to ... but that's not the point here. It's the PS4, this game is basically a sidescroller, and it's basically the default resolution of LAST gen systems.

(if it's true, which I just can't believe it is)

jenkki

Neo Member
Hey guys, I can confirm you that is simply a listing error and Trials Fusion for PS4 will run at 1080p at launch.

We are working with Sony to correct the listing ASAP.

thank you for your interest.

Hey guys, I can confirm you that is simply a listing error and Trials Fusion for PS4 will run at 1080p at launch.

We are working with Sony to correct the listing ASAP.

thank you for your interest.

What about the X1 version? I demand parity, it's my right as a consumer!

JordanN

Banned
If you want gameplay, buy a soccer ball.

Video games are about gameplay and graphics.

jooso

I'm just done with 720p games, hopefully this is a mistake. Lots of physics and all that, but still the resolution should be better than in Trials HD, which came out five years ago on a last gen console.

I'm just done with 720p games, hopefully this is a mistake. Lots of physics and all that, but still the resolution should be better than in Trials HD, which came out five years ago on a last gen console.
A Red Lynx employee has just posted that the game will run at 1080p.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
aside from the Resolution discussion:
Is a Trials game worth 40 Euro?
i havent played the first one but im interessted.

Also I can only find the deluxe Edition on Amazon which includes 6 dlcs.
But where is the Standard Edition and what does it cost?

aside from the Resolution discussion:
Is a Trials game worth 40 Euro?
i havent played the first one but im interessted.

Also I can only find the deluxe Edition on Amazon which includes 6 dlcs.
But where is the Standard Edition and what does it cost?
Standard Is digital only and half the price, I think. If the Deluxe also comes digital I'd get it. Trials is the kind of game where I'd rather not have a disc.

Top Bottom