• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is Receiving More Premium Content as Part of New Roadmap

Hudo

But I don't love the game. I wish I did, but every time I think I want to go back to it I'd rather start up SotN for the 30th time instead. Better art, better music, and most importantly better feeling gameplay.
This is my opinion as well. Bloodstained is a competent Igavania. But every time I play it, a voice deep inside my mind keeps saying "you know, you could also play Symphony of the Night right now..."

Do we know whether they are going to use that 3D graphics style again or maybe some beautiful pixel art instead?

That's my only criticism of Bloodstained 1. It's kinda ugly.
I would like to see a GG Strive 2D/3D look on another genre that’s not fighting games.
Metroidvania might be a good fit for that style.
Bloodstained could look really good if they do a 2D, since my main issue with it was that it looked like a Dreamcast game.

Soodanim

Gold Member
This is my opinion as well. Bloodstained is a competent Igavania. But every time I play it, a voice deep inside my mind keeps saying "you know, you could also play Symphony of the Night right now..."
Even this thread is a perfect example. Cool, there's new content. But all it's actually done is make me wonder about the state of the SOTN decomp (not finished) and if there are SotN randomisers (yes).

The rando site has presets for gameplay styles too. https://sotn.io

I backed Bloodstained

I finished it

I love that they're supporting it

But I don't love the game. I wish I did, but every time I think I want to go back to it I'd rather start up SotN for the 30th time instead. Better art, better music, and most importantly better feeling gameplay.
I bought it and I find it so aggressively fucking ugly at every turn, I uninstalled it after a few hours. I'll take the most pixelated, basic-ass GameBoy Igavania background over this eyesore of a game.

I can't even think of another game I hated as much visually.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Functionally there are a lot of 90%+ complete parts, and on the website you can see graphs over time. But I don't know how many people are working on it all or how long it's going to take. It's been going for years and there could be years left.

I think everyone hopes it will eventually turn into an enhanced version like SM64, OOT, and Sonic games that have been on PC. Imagine built in randomiser settings, infinite wing smash toggle, and features from all versions in one definitive game. Maybe one day.

pepodmc_

Just let it gooooo, all this wasted effort which could have gone towards a sequel, it's been almost 5 years, why is there still no sequel?

Bloodstained was pretty good, but also a bit of a dry run, especially late in the game feels rushed because of stretch goal type stuff, the graphics were also way inconsistent.

Now's the time to make a sequel that's better looking, more polished and cuts and the fat, I hate that it's been almost 5 years and still no sequel, instead they're STILL updating the original, just move on.
now at least will not be restrained by the underpowered switch.
And use unreal engine 5 to make it

Fbh

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Like many other kickstarters they went overboard with the stretch goals. So now they have been stuck having to dedicate at least some time and resources over multiple years to fulfil all the promised extra modes and content which probably only a tiny fraction of people will even try

Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is fantastic, if short. Gorgeous pixel art, off-the-wall bonkers OST, great control.
Picked it up recently and while I am enjoying it (Stage 2 currently), I really want a double/super jump instead of a float and the weapons are not nearly as unique as Symphony of the Night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom