• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Team Rumble will be getting no more content updates after next week

Draugoth

Gold Member
crash-team-rumble-pic05-1440x810.jpg

Crash Team Rumble support is winding down, as next week’s content update will be its last.

When players launch the game, they’re presented with a message confirming that the last content will arrive next week.

The online team-based competitive platformer will remain online for now, and a new Battle Pass containing all the content from the previous three seasons will be added.

“March 4, 2024 will be the final content update for Crash Team Rumble,”

the statement reads.

“The core game will still be live and players will have access to a free 500-tier battle pass that includes 104 new items. This will include all of the Battlepass content from Seasons 1 through 3, plus all the available event rewards.

Additionally, Crash Coin purchases will be turned off, and players can use their existing Crash Coins to purchase tier skips for the Battlepass.

Crash Team Rumble was released in June 2023, but was met with mixed reviews at launch and seemingly failed to take off in a major way.

Mowcno

An inevitable failure that everyone with a brain cell could see coming. Yet a big publisher like Activision still greenlit it.

No one wanted a live service multiplayer arena crash bandicoot.
🤷

Last edited:

mrcroket

It would be great if this sent them a clear message, first they released the crash bandicoot 1-2-3 remakes, old school games, complete without DLCs or GAAS and it was an absolute success, then they released a more modern crash bandicoot 4 that sold just okey. And then they released a GAAS, online only, with MTX, seasons and shit and it was a real failure.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It would be great if this sent them a clear message, first they released the crash bandicoot 1-2-3 remakes, old school games, complete without DLCs or GAAS and it was an absolute success, then they released a more modern crash bandicoot 4 that sold just okey. And then they released a GAAS, online only, with MTX, seasons and shit and it was a real failure.

Well it pretty much has, they've gone to daddy Microsoft to get their freedom and it's worked.

Real happy for them, they so clearly wanted to do Spyro 4 and got shafted onto COD and the GaaS Crash crap. Go get it made your way with your own money and sweeten the deal with MS a bit.

StueyDuck

I'm sure it's a fun game all things considered and it has its fans.

But who ever greenlit the project was clueless.

Unless it was like the most budget game ever (I imagine it wasn't) then I don't know how it got anywhere past an alpha build.

It was obvious this game wasn't going to light any fires

Last edited:

Fake

A total waste of money over a waste of re-design that nobody asked for.

The first remake of Crash had already the perfect design with the original, but no. Lets rework this shit again into some even more useless game.

Should had been F2P since the beginning. Whoever greenlit this game needs to be blacklisted from ever working in the industry.

Fox Mulder

A game no one wanted or asked for. Probably forced by some Activision suits between forcing Toys for Bob to work on CoD games.

I’m still stunned we even got great remakes for the original crash bandicoot and Spyro trilogies, crash team racing, and Crash 4 from Activision before they finally said no to Spyro 4.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I love the Crash franchise and had zero interest in this game. Tbh I’m surprised they kept it alive this long.

Should’ve just made Crash 5, a new CTR or a remake of Twinsanity… Or literally anything else.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
After the BS they pulled with the CTR battle pass on unlocking new characters I knew from the outset not to bother with this game and it's kinda sad things turned out this way for the game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Should had been F2P since the beginning. Whoever greenlit this game needs to be blacklisted from ever working in the industry.
I agree.

I googled the price and it launched at a budget price of $30 US. That’s better than $70, but for this kind of game it has F2P written all over it to try maxing out an online user base and run with that for gaas money.

There is no way a crash platform battler at even $30 will sell well. Most people have probably never even heard of it too.

Dazraell

After the BS they pulled with the CTR battle pass on unlocking new characters I knew from the outset not to bother with this game and it's kinda sad things turned out this way for the game.
What was the bullshit they pulled? I remember playing CTR Grand Prixes for almost a year and enjoyed the hell out of them without spending any dime on anything beyond actual game

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
What was the bullshit they pulled? I remember playing CTR Grand Prixes for almost a year and enjoyed the hell out of them without spending any dime on anything beyond actual game
Activision added micro transactions to the game when the developers had boasted the game didn't have any during the review period and then they jacked up the prices of the items in the pit stop shop in order to get people to spend money.

Like you said if you regularly played the game you had a decent chance of not needing to spend money but for everyone else the corporate greed made grinding for things that much harder.

Last edited:

pepodmc_

I love the Crash franchise and had zero interest in this game. Tbh I’m surprised they kept it alive this long.

Should’ve just made a new CTR
yeah, microsoft would have its own mario kart.
Even better because the gameplay of nitro fueled is better than the simplified mario kart gameplay.

I'm pretty sure most of these publishers are fucking brain dead. Nobody asked for it, nobody wanted it and barely fucking anyone bought it.

Crash is a single player platformer and apparently a good kart racer. Stick to those things, stop fucking around with your IP and make the games people want.

Painskiller

Activision killing Crash Bandicoot AGAIN?! Nothing new.
Microsoft killing its new own franchise AGAIN? Nothing new.

Just pass Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and Tony Hawk to Sony. They will make a bunch of great games with this.

Top Bottom