• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Team Rumble dead on arrival as Twitch numbers hit less than 30 viewers

Yea the game looks like shit, but since when twitch numbers became the most important indicator of a game success?

If you really pay attention to twitch you will rapidly understand that the popular thing on the platform is watch people you you feel hot do nothing or watch some weird obnoxious person watch youtube videos and say controversial stuff.

The crash remasters were very good but I can't Say the same for crash 4, I really didn't like that Game.

Other than Activision making Crash pointlessly more annoying and drooling, I think if you fix the box problem in Crash 4 it's a good game for the most part. Same with some of the pointless extra to pad out the game to the extreme.

I think the sign Activision was screwing up first showed with the racing game where they delayed support at the peak of people wanting to engage with it and things slowed to a crawl because they wanted to put a whole bunch of hands on COD to revive the franchise after low expectations and the Sledgehammer internal infighting.

Whitecrow

Banned
Twitch does not = Sales…Not defending the game but Twitch is simply not a reliable metric.
It's not a bad metric for general interest in the game.

But anyway, nobody asked for this, but some smartass at activision thought it was a good idea and put the bills to it.

Bad timing for a game like this. Should have been released for like the Switch successor or something. 2023 is packed with big releases.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Twitch does not = Sales…Not defending the game but Twitch is simply not a reliable metric.

This is an online only multiplayer arena game that just released. That it has zero interest on twitch isn’t good. Even reviews say the population feels low with bots appearing in matches since release.

The game had zero buzz, not on switch or PC, no other modes, and is $30 with a paid battle pass.

Kerotan

The crash remasters were very good but I can't Say the same for crash 4, I really didn't like that Game.
Crash 4 was good but them making the platinum one of the hardest in gaming when crash plats were already hard made me play it way less m didn't even attempt to 100% it.

There's still hope for the series if they make a crash 5 and spyro 4. If they ever do another rumble type game just remaster crash bash with online multiplayer. Or remake some of the ps2 crash games.

Astray

Gold Member
Looks like "nobody" asked for this.

Who came up for the idea to make this instead of releasing a normal single player jump and run?!🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Nobody asked for it, but also no one bought the normal single player jump and run game when it came out (Crash 4). That wasn't a sales success for Activision so it's unlikely we get another one anytime soon imo.

DaGwaphics

I don't think this game really demonstrates anything specific about the "Crash" IP itself as it is not a standard Crash game. This one just didn't look that good in the previews, though maybe it is a lot more to fun to actually play than it is watch (which does happen from time to time).

Top Bottom