• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Endings & Cutscenes coming to Baldur's Gate 3 in future updates

Draugoth

Gold Member
bg3-gortash.png

Larian Studios may not be working on full-fledged Baldur’s Gate 3 DLC, but there are at least more evil endings on the way – and founder Swen Vincke says “they’re really evil.”

In an interview with IGN, Vincke teased additional campaign endings, saying that while players are “not going to see massive content changes,” the team is dedicated to delivering on the fan feedback they’ve received since launch. That includes some love for Baldur’s Gate 3’s more villainous players.

“So they're working on the evil endings right now,”

he said.

“I've seen some of them. They're really evil. So the evil players will be satisfied with that.”

Despite talk of Larian's next venture, Vincke said the studio isn't finished with Baldur's Gate 3. "There's still a bunch of stuff coming," he wrote, including official mod support and more cinematics for endings. "Just not new content.

via IGN

Outlier

UGH! I should've waited a year, before buying the game. There so much stuff I wanted from the story, ESPECIALLY the endings, that are just lacking. lol

Bg3 was really one of those experiences that were about the journey not the destination.

After all that work the ending was meh, but I was hardly dissatisfied.

Probably the best journey I've ever had in a videogame.

calistan

This constant tinkering just annoys me. I played it last September, they added loads of new stuff while I was still playing, and they just can’t stop adding even more new stuff. So as much as I’d like to do a second playthrough, I’m put off ever starting again because there’s probably something I’ll miss out on.

There’s no more development left to do. Leave it alone, move on to the next game, and stop George Lucasing BG3.

Tsaki

What is canon when there are dozens of different endings already tho.
Everything that was in the base game. It's not like it's an objective rule, but there would always be a small thought of "They didn't think about this or cared enough when designing the story. People complained/pointed out/whatever so that's why they included it".
I had a similar thought when playing Mass Effect 2 and they included that mercenary as free DLC. I was like "Yeah I did your Loyalty mission and have you in the ending but you are not part of the canon crew".

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm doing a Dark Urge playthrough right now and and approaching it like the most psychotic murderhobo imaginable. Maybe I should put it on hold until these updates come out, I'm rather curious what these "really evil" endings will look like lol.

Guilty_AI

Everything that was in the base game. It's not like it's an objective rule, but there would always be a small thought of "They didn't think about this or cared enough when designing the story. People complained/pointed out/whatever so that's why they included it".
I had a similar thought when playing Mass Effect 2 and they included that mercenary as free DLC. I was like "Yeah I did your Loyalty mission and have you in the ending but you are not part of the canon crew".
Eh, i'd agree with you if this was some story with a vision, but they're essentially trying to emulate a RPG table, whatever they're adding now are just things a dungeon master would've thought about once he witnessed their player's insanity. It's all about adapting to player behaviour and no one could've possibly covered everything in a game as free-form as this one.

Last edited:

killatopak

Fighting for Hello Games’s spot I see. Great post game updates.

I really need to play this. My sister has been playing it for months but keeps repeating the first two acts. She really enjoys how different each playthroughs are. I hope the updates add more across the whole game and not just the endings.

Top Bottom