• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Very good games, Dreavus!

Round 6: Iam Canadian vs. Dreavus
Match 1: Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Dreavus (Meta Knight) on Battleship Halberd
Match 2: Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Dreavus (Meta Knight) on Battlefield

Budokai: I was available right then, went I sent you that message, but I didn't hear from you until the next morning (timestamp showed 3 a.m. central time, which was after I went to bed). I'm guessing you are on at 3 am my time?

Yeah that is probably when I get home from work.

I just sent a PM. I am free at work today so it is possible to make it home for just a quick match if we can set up a time(I am a 2 minute walk from my place today).

As long as the lag is playable let us just get this out of the way tonight man. I know you were saying lag was bad before for you even in state though :/

I will be on whenever you need me to. I am going to have another boring day at work tomorrow so I will be up as late as you need.

Firestorm

I'll provide an extension until Friday to finish up. There's a lot of matches that were held up due to the previous round not finishing. PLEASE FINISH BEFORE FRIDAY!

Keru_Shiri vs BudokaiMR2, I need you two to be done by tomorrow night.
layzie1989 vs yeb, don't play yet, you don't have a map.

Bracket updated.

alright so it's Keru-Shiri over BudokaiMR2 2-1

Good luck in the next round Keru!

We had a bunch of good matches, although most of them came after the first 3. Lag cleared up after the real matches but what are ya gonna do :)

Keru_Shiri (Falco) vs. BudokaiMR2 (Marth)
Keru_Shiri (Pikachu) vs. BudokaiMR2 (Marth) on Battlefield
Keru_Shiri (Falco) vs. BudokaiMR2 (Toon Link) on Hyrule Temple (Melee stage)

Winner: Keru_Shiri

It what was perhaps my smoothest running online match yet (as far as lag goes). Matches would start off pretty smooth, but would deteriorate at around the 2 minute mark. This lead to a couple of unfortunate mishaps on both sides. Either way, thanks for putting up with my schedule guys, I'll try my best to get my next match over ASAP so as not to hold the tournament up anymore.

Good matches Budokai.

Dr.Hadji

First first match Hadji vs Olive:: Yoshi's Island: Winner Hadji
Second first match Hadji vs Olive::Halberd: Winner Olive

Real First Match Dr.Hadji(DDD) vs Olive(Falco): Winner Hadji
Real Second Match Dr.Hadji(DDD) vs Olive(Falco): Winner Hadji

Winner Hadji.

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
PM received. Hopefully we can finish this tonight.
I hope so too; I need more numbers to record. Statistics fluff my pillow and butter my popcorn.

...Even the ones where I'm gonna get three-stocked by Dr.Hadji twice. Oh man. :(

Iam Canadian

Manabanana, tomorrow or Saturday will be okay with me.

So as far as I can tell, if I can beat Manabanana (and that's an "if" in itself), I'll be eliminated by either Hadji or Jiggy. Fun! :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
NEOGAF SUPER SMASH BROTHER BRAWL SINGLES TOURNAMENT: WINNER OF THE WINNING BRACKET

Relix vs. Kidd
Kidd vs Relix (Final Destination)
Relix vs. Kidd (Battlefield)

All for the Winner of the Winner's Bracket: Relix!

I used Luigi in all games, Kidd used Wolf in the first two and Lucas in the final match

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Cyan said:

Time to take vacations until Loser's bracket is over then =P. Kidd and I decided to do the match today since we were sparring, and the connection was lagless. Had to take that chance!

So yeah...... his biggest mistake was using Lucas =/. Oh well.

By virtue of double elimination, does Relix have to be defeated twice the Championship, or is he just guaranteed a 2nd place finish and needs to be defeated once?

Iam Canadian said:
Manabanana, tomorrow or Saturday will be okay with me.

So as far as I can tell, if I can beat Manabanana (and that's an "if" in itself), I'll be eliminated by either Hadji or Jiggy. Fun! :D

Let's do Saturday some time. I'm pretty open, so whenever works for you.

Bloodwake

The big question is, if the loser's bracket champion wins over the winner's bracket champion in the first game, will the second game happen immediately afterwards or will there be a day break in order to allow for additional training?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bloodwake said:
The big question is, if the loser's bracket champion wins over the winner's bracket champion in the first game, will the second game happen immediately afterwards or will there be a day break in order to allow for additional training?

Nah this isn't Dragon Ball Z, if I were to lost the match I would go ahead with the next one immediately. So to win the tournament you have to beat me... four times. Considering the fact that I have only lost three sets so far the odds are against anyone facing me, but then again, I am not a cocky bastard, I can get my ass handed to me in one of my bad days (Example... Nabil owned me seven times yesterday). At least I am guaranteed to be the second best player on GAF!

Also, I reckon I might gain some rust until the tourney ends. I barely played this week, but a few matches kinda shook it off, PLUS the real advantage was the fact that last night me and Kidd were having near no lag at all, and with that single condition I play twice as better =P. Lag just gets to me. Now I am gonna be a bitch and put a list of possible challangers =O:

1) Kidd = He got to the final match, and in all fairness he kicked my ass with Wolf on FD (2 stocked me). Battlefield is just a hard level on him, and its the only stage I ever choose since I have never lost a fight there. We both have played many games, lots... probably over 50 so far.

2) Nabil = He has gotten far better since the last time we had fought, and that was probably two weeks ago. He owned me with Marth, but all his other characters failed to me., even then I beat his Marth twice and I was having a bad moment. BWAHAHA!

3) Slayn = Haven't played with Slayn in a while, I am confident I can beat him since I have countless times before.... but I heard he got better and since I haven't fought him in a while it could be dangerous.

4) Droid = Fuck you (
IRC joke
. He has gotten lucky, but its due to his shitty connection. Then again....... I beat him. He's using Ike now, and his play style is weird with him (plus the lag benefits Ike), I am sure I have him beat. DK is an easy target for Luigi. Mario gives me problems. Wario I can't take seriously :lol . We have fought... like... hell nearly 100 times.

5) Mila = Well rounded, that's all I am gonna say. Can beat me... tally is to my favor though. Haven't played that much with him either, but I beat him 2-1 in a small IRC tourney we held (which I eventually won).

6) Hadji = I have never played with him, don't know what to expect. They say he's good though.

7) Crimmy = Most fucking weirdest Snake I have ever fought.

Honorable Mentions:
Jiggly = Statistician. Quite humble, not bad at all.
Kak = If he would have been in the tourney it would have spelled trouble. Thankfully... he's playing MKWii!

Fight Roundups

1) Relix vs. Firestorm = I didn't know what to expect. I beat him easily in the first match, his Toon Link gave me problems when he was nearly losing but I pulled it off.

2) Relix vs. Crimmy = Got a good scare. His Snake was too strange for me and it was hard figuring him out. My counterpick, Battlefield, came into play. His Up + B was useless here and so I managed to give him a good beating to get the victory.

3) Relix vs. SixStringPsycho = All I remember it was 11PM, it was raining hard, and it was the most fucking laggy game ever. He used Ike. I beat him easily in the first match, but the second he surprised me TWICE with the Side + A Attack and the lag didn't help. Cleaned the floor on the third though!

4) Relix vs. Shaft = hah, I shafted Shaft (man I so wanted to use that stupid joke). It was surprisingly lagless, considering he lives in the Netherlands. This was not a hard fight but they were fun games nevertheless. I also remember it was 9AM =P

5) Relix vs. Spruchy = Held the same day as the Shaft battle, Killa Sasa hyped the fight too much, so I decided to just go along it quickly. My Ike PhD degree was finally completed here after I defeated the "best Ike" without losing a game. I felt mighty confident this fight, probably because he was using Ike. They were good games though!

6) Relix vs. BlueSummers = A fight hyped too much for my tastes, I guess the tension got to Summers. His Ness suffered defeat twice after I figured his tactic. He sulked for a while afterwards and wanted to quit Brawl :lol . I had fun dude.

7) Relix vs Kidd = This was weird. I was gonna hype it, but yesterday was so far a bad day for me since I hadn't played in a long while and rust was killing me. Nabil owned me. So I came back in the night and Kidd offered some friendly matches. The sparring lasted for 6 games or so, me winning them so I offered to do the tourney matches. To my fucking surprise he accepted, had to ask three times to make sure.
Luigi vs. Wolf was epic, but Battlefield gave me the advantage; that and I had been training to fight Wolf for weeks now, and it paid off. Then we went into FD.... Kidd was obviously angry and swept the floor with me in the first stock. Second one too. It was 3-1, then I got mad... killed him, got close to killing him a second time but a well timed attack put me down. Then to my surprise he used Lucas. LUCAS. Let's not talk about this one here =P

Hey I felt like writing... so I wrote

Cyan said:
Hell if I know. :lol

For those watching at home, I got Keru down to one, he KOed me twice in succession, then I suicided off the side like an idiot. When I had like 10%, and he had 100-something. :lol

But, it happens. Well played.
As far as I'm concerned, you were robbed during that first round when Halbred's claw came down and hit you. But, hey, it was a good match and your Pikachu is fierce. I hope we can play again sometime.

Here's the breakdown:

Keru_Shiri (Ike) over Cyan (Pikachu)
Keru_Shiri (Falco) over Cyan (Pikachu) Yoshi's Island (Brawl Version)

Firestorm

Crimmy said:
hey fire, i still dont have an opponent.

Yes you do. You've had an opponent since your last battle ended. It's Rentahamster. I update the bracket in the first post. Cyan also answered you with who you're battling.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Firestorm said:
Yes you do. You've had an opponent since your last battle ended. It's Rentahamster. I update the bracket in the first post. Cyan also answered you with who you're battling.

Hey I won! =P

*Keru also beat Budokai and Cyan*

Firestorm

Crimmy vs Rentahamster needs to be done by Sunday night.

Round 7 (Due Monday April 21st at 10 PM Pacific)
First Stage: Battlefield
stage01_thmbnail.jpg

Bracket (click here)

PM your opponent and then post here once you have done so. If you receive a PM, reply to the PM and post here. I need to know how the communication is going. PLEASE read the rules over again. Do not deviate from the rules.

If you guys want to use an easy way of coordinating matches, join the irc channel that slayn made:

server: irc.globalgamers.net
channel #gaf_sb

Round after that is Pokemon Stadium (Melee).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So Crimmy, when are you available to play? I think I'm good to go today somewhere between 4PM - 7:30PM Pacific Time, and 10PM - 1AM Pacific time.

Sunday may be a little harder to squeeze something in.

IamCanadian (Wolf) vs. Manabanana (Lucas) on Battlefield
IamCanadian (ROB) vs. Manabanana (Sonic) on Green Hill Zone

Good games Canadian, those were close. Good luck in the next round! You got this!

And that's it for me. I wish I had played better :( Thanks for hosting the tournament Firestorm. Can't wait to see who comes out on top and all of Jiggy's stats at the end. See you in IRC or in the next tourney everybody.

Iam Canadian

Manabanana said:
IamCanadian (Wolf) vs. Manabanana (Lucas) on Battlefield
IamCanadian (ROB) vs. Manabanana (Sonic) on Green Hill Zone

Good games Canadian, those were close. Good luck in the next round! You got this!

And that's it for me. I wish I had played better :( Thanks for hosting the tournament Firestorm. Can't wait to see who comes out on top and all of Jiggy's stats at the end. See you in IRC or in the next tourney everybody.

Thanks Mana, you really did play well. The lag didn't help either of us play at our best, honestly.

Also, I'll need all the luck I can get in the next round. >_<

SuperAndroid 2-0 over Keru-Shiri

Battlefield

Wolf vs Falco

Final Destination

Ike vs Pikachu

gg keru, you werent downloading anything were you? because I had lag-free 4p ffa's right before you came.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
SuperAndroid17 said:
SuperAndroid 2-0 over Keru-Shiri

Battlefield

Wolf vs Falco

Final Destination

Ike vs Pikachu

gg keru, you werent downloading anything were you? because I had lag-free 4p ffa's right before you came.

Damn you bastard. Hell you even used Ike you idiot =P. You will be crushed anyway....

I don't know. I disconnected my computer before hand, and usually, on weekends there's no one else on my school's router, but I guess there was enough tonight, though it was relatively smooth on my end.

I'll get you next time though! *shakes fist*

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Jiggy37 said:
I fear knowing what the eventual overall Ike usage in this tournament will be.

Don't worry, I hunted them all down. Only Droid remains... though his Ike is weird and gives me trouble. Of course, I don't spam the "tornado" when sparing, which will be ultimately his defeat. I just proved that Luigi owns any character though!

LUIGI FOR TOP TIER!

Jiggy

If we make an online GAF tier listing out of the statistics from this tournament, I'm pretty sure Luigi would definitely be up there because of your contributions. We'll see in a couple weeks or whenever this thing is finally over, though. :eek:

Top Bottom