• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV - Voice actress for The Boss working on The Phantom Pain!?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
just my two cents but here is how it think it will turn out.

Solid Snake will be in the game 100% sure. Kojima kind of teased him in an interview with CVG.

2014-05-0500_51_23-inhwao0.png

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414360/interviews/e3-interview-kojima-on-mgs-5/

First he showed young Liquid (Eli) in the red band trailer and now (E3 trailer 2014) i think we'll see young Solid.

Solid Snake will be voiced by David Hayter. (not the young one) Later we will play as Solid Snake and fight against Big Boss (Kiefer Sutherland). The reason why they let Hayter in the dark for Ground Zeroes is because The Phantom Pain won't come out for a while so there is no need to tell him just yet.

Solid Snake against Big Boss would be pretty stupid to have the same VA so yeah...

I LIVE ON, THROUGH THIS MECHANICAL ARM

Boss will take control of Snake through his robot arm, you heard it here first folks.

Nibel

Solid Snake will be in the game 100% sure. Kojima kind of teased him in an interview with CVG.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414360/interviews/e3-interview-kojima-on-mgs-5/

First he showed young Liquid (Eli) in the red band trailer and now (E3 trailer 2014) i think we'll see young Solid.

Solid Snake will be voiced by David Hayter. (not the young one) Later we will play as Solid Snake and fight against Big Boss (Kiefer Sutherland). The reason why they let Hayter in the dark for Ground Zeroes is because The Phantom Pain won't come out for a while so there is no need to tell him just yet.

Solid Snake against Big Boss would be pretty stupid to have the same VA so yeah...

Agreed.

I always thought the same - there'll be a connection to Solid Snake in one way or another in MGSV

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man at this rate the entire series' cast will be back except Hayter. :(

EDIT: Well, there's that above as well... Hopefully.

Snake will experience the pain of something he thought he lost. He "lost" The Boss 20 years ago, yet sees her in 1984? She'll be a hallucination torturing him every now and then.
Optional Boss fight?

I know that Peace Walker primarily dealt with her loss, but was anyone really satisfied with that?

Big Boss could be a little brain damaged with that shrapnel sticking out of his head, he'll be seeing the ghost of Boss telling him to do bad things like what happens to
Deathstroke
in Arrow

Batzi

Banned

Duplicate post: http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=110629951&postcount=875

I agree.

Sciz

Ugh. I thought Kojima had finally gotten his Boss fanboyism out of his system by slathering her all over Peace Walker. What is he possibly doing now that requires additional voice acting?

duckroll

Ugh. I thought Kojima had finally gotten his Boss fanboyism out of his system by slathering her all over Peace Walker. What is he possibly doing now that requires additional voice acting?

Probably a bunch of pre-recorded tapes from her time in WW2 where she was captured by enemy forces and raped in every orifice with a rusty iron pipe or something. Because you know, WAR IS BAD! *cough*

Kajiba

Seeing The Boss in updated graphics on the fox engine?LAWD.

Hearing her voice again would be nice though. Hope it's true.

Mr. X

Flashbacks
Ghost/Hallucination

Can someone explain to me when Eli = Liquid became an accepted/undisputed fact rather than just a theory about a blonde kid in one of the trailers?

I'll fall to my knees with tears of joy if this happens.

Liha

Banned

YOU have my attention!

My exact reaction too, i love The Boss, one of the best female villains.

?!?!?!

EVA (MGS3) said:
Snake, history will ever know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing, will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot.

mattp

so how would you explain akio otsuka still voicing big boss in japan?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Most likely just flashbacks/ Hallucinations etc.

But knowing Kojima the possibilities are endless.

My guess: Kiefer Snake is a clone and at the end of the game a gun is pressed against the back of his head and Hayter Snake tells him he does a bad job pretending to be him, then shoots him. The end.

P.s. I tried to Swype Hayter and it corrected it to Bauer.... weird.

It is all a setup, TPP will end with Boss waking up on a plane with the Cobra unit going to the Second World War, everything until now was just a bad acid trip that she had. Cue end credits.

Next game you will play as Boss on WW2.

Believe.

RK9039

It's going to be like Peace Walker, pretty cool though.

I'm still hoping for an actual game where you play as The Boss. And Hayter confirmed as old Chico, aka Bolid Bnake.

Later we will play as Solid Snake and fight against Big Boss (Kiefer Sutherland). The reason why they let Hayter in the dark for Ground Zeroes is because The Phantom Pain won't come out for a while so there is no need to tell him just yet.

I will cry if this happens.

That would be the best way to complete Big Boss's story.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Once again everyone will be related to everyone and everything is connected.

3ozTDOf.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
so how would you explain akio otsuka still voicing big boss in japan?

Yeah, i guess this is where my theory falls apart but i still think something similiar will happen, how? well i don't know.

Jinoru

Banned

Additionally, we don't know how many years the game will be spread over.
If it goes from 1984 up to the Outer Heaven uprising in 1995 then we'd have a very strong justification for Hayter to be Snake.

Heck, maybe some missions will be Big Boss working with Solid Snake.

Top Bottom