• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man kills his whole family - Neither Florida nor Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Vienna - A 39-year old Austrian man is believed to have killed five members of his family, among them his 7-year-old daughter, with an axe, authorities said on Wednesday.

The man turned himself in during the early hours of Thursday in Vienna, telling police he had killed his wife and daughter, after apparently failing to commit suicide, police said.

Police found the bodies of the two victims in the family's apartment in Vienna.

The man, who worked as a freelance consultant, later also admitted to having murdered his parents and father-in-law in the province Upper Austria.

Their bodies were discovered Wednesday morning at their homes in two towns Ansfelden and Linz, about 170 kilometres from Vienna.

In what police described as 'very brutal attacks' the man killed first his mother and then his father who had been asleep in front of the TV, before killing his father-in-law when he opened the door.

All victims were killed with blows to the head with an axe found in the suspect's car. Those murders, to which the man also admitted, were probably committed Tuesday evening, police officials said.

A possible motive for the crime was that the alleged murderer had lost some 100,000 euros in speculation deals, officials were quoted as saying by the Austrian press agency.

© Deutsche Presse-Agentur
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...2.php/Five_dead_in_Austrian_family_axe_murder

First the incest incident, now this D:
I should start thinking about moving away...

Borci88

Kaeru said:
The jokes on you my friend ;)
1208866942968.jpg

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I actually had my next door neighbor kills two of his 4 kids, his wife and himself last year...

No axes involved though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Frenck said:
First their soccer team and now this...

Don't you mean rugby team?

Well..I'm thinking of their rugby team at least, and the rather delightful strip-tease they performed after that defeat a couple of weeks back.

But..errm....yeah..this is rather tragic news :| Disgusting.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Austria...joins Florida and Germany...
CAN'T YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS HEADED?!?!?!

Germany
Austria
Florda

OH SHIT

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why are people getting Australia involved, the dude is from Austria. You know the country where a father locked up his daughter for 24 years, dunno what's up with that country but as said they are on a roll.

RamzaIsCool said:
Why are people getting Australia involved, the dude is from Austria. You know the country where a father locked up his daughter for 24 years, dunno what's up with that country but as said they are on a roll.

What's the problem? Same country.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Is there some GAF meme I'm missing about people not knowing the difference between Austria and Australia?
Yeah in another thread some gaffers were confusing Austria with Australia so it is some kind of joke now

Pakkidis

Interestingly enough, I am reading a book about depression and the effects it has on the mind. This type of thing seems to be happening more and more and suicide is on the rise world wide.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
What did Germany ever do? The only thing that it's done in the past few months is the fact that it borders Austria.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
speedpop said:
What did Germany ever do? The only thing that it's done in the past few months is the fact that it borders Austria.

Mom freezing their children and putting them in flower pots?! Just 2 weeks ago.

Dali

I was going to say Australia and if that was wrong I would have said Austria.

Honestly how do you ax-murder your 7 year old daughter, yet not have the balls to off yourself? I'm glad he didn't get to take the easy way out though. My only problem is he'll be locked up in an Austrian jail which is probably like a vacation spot compared to our prisons.

Ceres

Banned
Pakkidis said:
Interestingly enough, I am reading a book about depression and the effects it has on the mind. This type of thing seems to be happening more and more and suicide is on the rise world wide.

Then fucking kill yourself and leave the family alone.

Man, it's bad that a whole countries image gets damaged by just a few people by causing major incidents, but on the other hand, if it means Austria gets the pedo-serial-killer tag instead of Belgium, that's fine by me... :p

Ceres said:
Then fucking kill yourself and leave the family alone.
Agreed.

If you're in such a deep depression, it may seem "best" to kill your entire family too, to prevent them from living in pain of your own death, but in reality it's just completely insane and your family (probably) isn't as fed up with life as you, even if they have to bear the death of a loved one.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Xapati said:
But people tell me this only happens if there's a gun in the house :( .

No they don't, they tell you it happens MORE FREQUENTLY

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Dali said:
I was going to say Australia and if that was wrong I would have said Austria.

Honestly how do you ax-murder your 7 year old daughter, yet not have the balls to off yourself? I'm glad he didn't get to take the easy way out though. My only problem is he'll be locked up in an Austrian jail which is probably like a vacation spot compared to our prisons.

He will spend most of the rest of his life in a mental institution. His time in jain will start when time in the institution is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom