• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 2014 - What are we all expecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
  • Announcement that all PS4 consoles will come bundled with 2 digital games
  • Project Morpheus details
  • PS+ rewards for long time suscribers (eg. 2 permanent free game after 2 years concurrent sub)
  • The Order 1886 gameplay, stage demonstration, September 2014 release
  • Infamous Second Son DLC announced, additional powers and new story
  • Drive Club gameplay trailer
  • Gravity Rush 2 gameplay
  • Indie game montage similar to E3 2013
  • GT7 prologue reveal, 1080p/60fps and takes advantage of new tech, Q1 2014 release
  • Guerrilla Games new RPG IP reveal, gameplay and general 2015 release date, top-notch visuals
  • Media Molecule new IP revealed, compatible with DS4, Move and Project Morpheus, all about player creation
  • Uncharted PS4 (won't be numbered as 4) full reveal, November 2014 release date (I'm probably wrong here)
  • Sony Bend new IP reveal, many will dub it as Uncharted in the city
  • ''The Division'' stage demo
  • Project Beast reveal, collaboration of Japan studios and From Software, PS4 exclusive with 2015 release date
  • The Last Guardian PS4 re-reveal with stage demo, Q2 2015 release date

excitedguy.gif

I hope like hell they have a handful of gameplay-driven titles that buck their trend since the PS3 days of putting narrative/presentation above gameplay mechanics and longevity.

I really can't get excited about The Order or another Naughty Dogg production. Hoping SCEJ brings the megatons, because I really want to buy a PS4 but I have no interest in anything currently available or announced (exclusives).

I switch daily between wanting a PS4 and an Xbox One, and the biggest reason is that the latter already has a handful of games available that I want to play. Stuff like Sunset Overdrive is close to pushing me over the edge.

• Announcement that all PS4 consoles will come bundled with 2 digital games
  • Project Morpheus details
  • PS+ rewards for long time suscribers (eg. 2 permanent free game after 2 years concurrent sub)
  • The Order 1886 gameplay, stage demonstration, September 2014 release
  • Infamous Second Son DLC announced, additional powers and new story
  • Drive Club gameplay trailer
  • Gravity Rush 2 gameplay
  • Indie game montage similar to E3 2013
  • GT7 prologue reveal, 1080p/60fps and takes advantage of new tech, Q1 2014 release
  • Guerrilla Games new RPG IP reveal, gameplay and general 2015 release date, top-notch visuals
  • Media Molecule new IP revealed, compatible with DS4, Move and Project Morpheus, all about player creation
  • Uncharted PS4 (won't be numbered as 4) full reveal, November 2014 release date (I'm probably wrong here)
  • Sony Bend new IP reveal, many will dub it as Uncharted in the city
  • ''The Division'' stage demo
  • Project Beast reveal, collaboration of Japan studios and From Software, PS4 exclusive with 2015 release date
  • The Last Guardian PS4 re-reveal with stage demo, Q2 2015 release date
Makes more sense to reveal GT7 prologue at Gamescom and let Driveclub shine.

You're missing Crash Bandicoot by Sony Bend, Sony London doing Siphon Filter #believe

Kyoufu

Don't have one. They confirmed it after TGS although it's probably a famitsu article or something like that so my browser history is pretty useless.

Are you telling me they didn't confirm the platform when the game was announced and briefly shown at TGS but instead in some famitsu article afterwards that you can't find?

Smells fishy to me!

Note that it's been in development since 2012. If it releases in 2015, that's three years of development time. For a Vita game? I dunno, I don't see Sony spending that much time on a Vita game again.

nero2082

I'm interested in games that will be released this year (Driveclub and the Order), something to get sweaty (Uncharted, Project Beast, Guerrilla IP) and something that will blow my mind and break my neck which is TLG

basically I want to feel like her

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif

Prelude.

Are you telling me they didn't confirm the platform when the game was announced and briefly shown at TGS but instead in some famitsu article afterwards that you can't find?

Smells fishy to me!

Note that it's been in development since 2012. If it releases in 2015, that's three years of development time. For a Vita game? I dunno, I don't see Sony spending that much time on a Vita game again.

It was a teaser, teaser usually don't mention the platform.
This is the teaser for Freedom Wars.

Also, fun fact: Freedom Wars has been in development since March 2011.

Don't have one. They confirmed it after TGS although it's probably a famitsu article or something like that so my browser history is pretty useless.

I recall reading an interview with Toyama, last year some time after TGS I think it was, where he confirmed that the game was coming to the Vita. Can't for the life of me remember the source though.

I'm interested in games that will be released this year (Driveclub and the Order),
something to get sweaty
(Uncharted, Project
Beast
, Guerrilla IP)
and something that will blow my
mind
and break my
neck which is TLG

basically I want to feel
her

iKrEzh3Bl9oMr.gif

Utter filth.

Let's look at the Sony cycle in terms of announcements (first-half of the year) for the past few years back:

1H 2010:
Killzone 3
inFamous 2
Twisted Metal
Sorcery
Heroes on the Run
(some Move crap)

1H 2011:
Uncharted : Golden Abyss
Modnation Racer : Roadtrip
Ruin ( cancelled )
Dust 514
Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time
(special mention: Uncharted 3)

1H 2012:
GoW:Ascension
Beyond : Two Souls
PS All Star : Battle Royale
Wonderbook
(special mention: TLoU)

1H 2013:
Knack
Killzone:SF
Driveclub
inFamous :SS
Order : 1886

1H 2014:
TLoU Remastered
(special mention: Uncharted PS4)

Reason for special mentions was because said games are announced at the very end of the year (PS4 launch and VGAs), and it's practically no different from a 1H reveal if there's no real footage until the following year.

Prelude.

I recall reading an interview with Toyama, last year some time after TGS I think it was, where he confirmed that the game was coming to the Vita. Can't for the life of me remember the source though.
I think I read that too but I can't remember if he talked about the platform. It's likely, though.

Anyone have it on good authority when TLOU is out? I'd like to have an illustration of the game the first of the month, but I don't know if it will be out on June or August. I keep hearing different rumors. :(

Kyoufu

Anyone have it on good authority when TLOU is out? I'd like to have an illustration of the game the first of the month, but I don't know if it will be out on June or August. I keep hearing different rumors. :(

Late June is my guess. Would make it a triple whammy of zombie games in June (TLOU), July (The Walking Dead) and August (The Evil Within). #SummerOfZombies

Late June is my guess. Would make it a triple whammy of zombie games in June (TLOU), July (The Walking Dead) and August (The Evil Within). #SummerOfZombies

The latest issue of Official Playstation Magazine (UK) said GTAV was coming to PS4 in June as well 'in June, before the world cup is done' in its 'rumour' column.

New game announcements:

Syphon Filter reboot
Santa Monica game (if it is GoW reboot, please no more Kratos)
Uncharted 4 (yes, already announced, but new trailer showcasing target render)
New Media Molecule game
Quantic Dream full reveal (Dark Sorcerer)
Guerrilla RPG
And lastly (drumroll)...Crash Bandicoot Returns (closes the show)

Also:

FFXV gameplay demo (release date Q4 2014, will be announced at TGS)
TLOU remastered release date and demo (off-stage)
H1Z1 demo
The Order 1886 demo and release date
KH3 demo

Most of the above ain't happening, but that's my dream show.

New game announcements:

Syphon Filter reboot
Santa Monica game (if it is GoW reboot, please no more Kratos)
Uncharted 4 (yes, already announced, but new trailer showcasing target render)
New Media Molecule game
Quantic Dream full reveal (Dark Sorcerer)
Guerrilla RPG
And lastly (drumroll)...Crash Bandicoot Returns (closes the show)

Also:

FFXV gameplay demo (release date Q4 2014, will be announced at TGS)
TLOU remastered release date and demo (off-stage)
H1Z1 demo
The Order 1886 demo and release date
KH3 demo

Most of the above ain't happening, but that's my dream show.

This isn't that unlikely, except the Crash and Syphon Filter stuff. I'm not confident Guerrilla has much together yet since they need to focus a lot on creating something special after the piece of garbage Shadow Fall was. If they rush something, and it turns out bad, they are basically over.

I think Sony will have more of an indie presence again since that went really well for them last year. I can't predict games, but if I have to, I predict Fez 2 is back on, and something like DayZ or Rust could bring in a lot of people.

If Sony or MS could lock down Hearthstone, that would be a pretty big get too.

Bundy

Banned
This isn't that unlikely, except the Crash and Syphon Filter stuff. I'm not confident Guerrilla has much together yet since they need to focus a lot on creating something special after the piece of garbage Shadow Fall was. If they rush something, and it turns out bad, they are basically over.
Guerrilla's new studio is working on a new IP for nearly 3 years now.
If they can't even show a short trailer, then......

They kind have already delivered what I was looking for with Project Beast....

So at this point everything else is gravy

Wishlist though

- Last Guardian
- FFXV Trailer/Release Date
- Monster Hunter Vita/PS4
- Phantasy Star Online 2 reveal Ps4/Vita

And whatever else you guys want

I only consider Beast to be the only thing thats for sure

Bundy

Banned
It's finally time for SCEE London Studios to show up!
They are SCEE's biggest studio and they're horrible unproductive.
Eyepet, Wonderbook, blah..... meh!

It's finally time for them to produce a shocking BIG AAA game, damnit!!!!!
Do something! Wake up! >:-(

It's so weird to me that the usual suspects have said absolutely nothing in regards to conference showings.

Sony must be running a crazy tight ship this year.

-TLG(Yeah i doubt it will happen)
-Project Beast with a 2015 release date
-Uncharted 4 looking amazing with the new game director doing the live demo.
-The order 1886 shows off the soft body physics and creatures.
-Bunch of localized/ported games from Gio Corsi's list.
-Indie showcase instead of the 15 of E3 2013 its now 20 including No man's sky.
-Destiny

Thats what i think except for TLG.

DJIzana

They kind have already delivered what I was looking for with Project Beast....

So at this point everything else is gravy

Wishlist though

- Last Guardian
- FFXV Trailer/Release Date
- Monster Hunter Vita/PS4
- Phantasy Star Online 2 reveal Ps4/Vita

And whatever else you guys want

I only consider Beast to be the only thing thats for sure

Add Legend of Dragoon 2 or some other new JRPG IP from Sony and Vita / PS4 version of Final Fantasy Type-0 and me and you think alike on the wishlist, sir.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's finally time for SCEE London Studios to show up!
They are SCEE's biggest studio and they're horrible unproductive.
Eyepet, Wonderbook, blah..... meh!

It's finally time for them to produce a shocking BIG AAA game, damnit!!!!!
Do something! Wake up! >:-(

Are they the devs that made Getaway back in the day? If so a new Getaway would be all kinds of awesome.

Bundy

Banned
Are they the devs that made Getaway back in the day? If so a new Getaway would be all kinds of awesome.

SCEE London Studio was established in 2001 with the amalgamation of the Soho Studio and the Psygnosis Camden Studio, and is Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)'s largest internal development studio in Europe. Located in the heart of the capital's creative Soho district, London Studio is made up of over 300 staff working in a purpose-designed six-storey building.

Not another The Getaway!
The Getaway disappointed quality- and sales-wise.
So.... no thanks. New IP please! -_-

Add Legend of Dragoon 2 or some other new JRPG IP from Sony and Vita / PS4 version of Final Fantasy Type-0 and me and you think alike on the wishlist, sir.
Well, it seems like a new "Arc the Lad" is coming.

Media Molecule new IP
Guerrilla Games new IP
Syphon Filter reboot
Giant Sparrow's PS4 game (unfinished swan devs)
Journey PS4
Dead Nation 2
The Order 1886 demo
Project Beast
Gran Turismo 7 prologue
Uncharted 4
The Last Guardian
Batman: Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed Unity
Destiny demo
Far Cry 4

I'm obviously not expecting all of that. Just half of that would make for an incredible show.

KageMaru

Would like to see TLG, Uncharted, but mostly I would like to see some new IPs that take better advantage of the PS4 than what we've seen from KZ, Infamous, Knack, etc. I hope to see gameplay only possible on these new systems, not just graphics.

Jigorath

Banned
Expecting:
Montage intro
Project Beast
Uncharted 4 gameplay
The Order 1886 trailer
Driveclub trailer
New Media Molecule game
God of War IV
AC Unity trailer
Destiny trailer
Indie showcase
Info on PS Now
PS4 sales figures

Hoping:
Project Morpheus support
Jak 4
Sly 5
New full fledged Ratchet (not another PSN title)
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2 for PS4 and Vita

Dreaming:
Agent
Crash back at Sony
Legend of Dragoon 2
Jak/Ratchet/Sly crossover game

Camjo-Z

I expect numerous indie games, a few AAA games, and an explosive blowout PaRappa 3 reveal that will send me into a rabid frenzy for months to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom