• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Say you had to stop playing video games for 2 weeks from today. Could you do it?

I'm gonna give it a shot. I play way too much sometimes. Dota 2 in particular. The giant steam backlog doesn't help either.

I haven't touched my PS3 in almost three weeks and it's been a week since I last played on my Xbox. Yeah I could do it. It would be hard if I would have spare time because I would miss it a lot. But I'm pretty busy right now so I wouldn't mind.

killatopak

I have the same problem OP. And with dota too.

I've been able to stop playing for a few weeks as long as I can keep myself preoccupied with other things such as working out, watching movies, studying or hanging out with my friends.

bigkrev

I'd say anyone who couldn't has a really bad addiction. I sometimes go a week without playing anything without even realizing it.

That's like saying you are giving up drinking because your wine cellar is full. Don't be a quitter.

On topic, I could give up video games for two weeks. More time to focus on reading.

Mesoian

Sure, i've done it before.

Not that I'd want to right now, with some many interesting releases coming out in the next two weeks.

Zeppeli

Banned
Yes, because I am a grown ass man who can do things in moderation.

CX7RedX.jpg

Arcanine55

Neo Member
When I have exams I can't stop playing for at least 2 or 3 hours each day, It's the only way that I can relax without losing too much time.

In other scenarios, sure.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I can and I do from time to time. It just naturally happens because I have more than one interest in life.

Dante316

Surprisingly yes. I wouldn't be able to few yrs ago. But now I can go without a game for a month or beyond. I just play when I feel like it.

2MF

Let me guess, you're either young or from a country with a very low amount of work vacation (such as the US).

Many people already spend weeks without gaming, it's called vacation.

styl3s

More often then not i don't even play anything on the weekday (unless its a new-new release) so of course i could.

Let me guess, you're either young or from a country with a very low amount of work vacation (such as the US).

Many people already spend weeks without gaming, it's called vacation.
Vacation is when i get to catch up on my handheld stuff.

Play some 3DS/Vita while laying out by the pool while the boyfriend swims, catch up on some netflix and/or 3ds/vita at night while we settle down. Also, how much vacation do you get? The most i ever take off is about a week which isn't much if you drive instead of fly, 2 of those days are pretty much dedicated to driving.

Yes, easily.

How I spend my time won't be any better then if I played videogames though. I'll just watch cartoons, browse the internet, or sleep all day.

Jindrael

Banned
Without gaming? Of course, that's really really easy.

Without any internet? Dunno, might be really hard, most of my time is spent on the internet but not only for entertainment.
As a Computer Science Student I need it for almost everything.

mcz117chief

Vacation in the mountains hiking or with friends camping in woods, usually for a week or two. When you interact with real people you really don't miss videogames.

At this point in my life, yes. I'm 29 now with a full-time job. I almost have to explicitly schedule gaming time now as it is. I loved the days of being able to stay up until 4-5am every weekend playing Halo, but those days are long gone unfortunately.

Acorn

Uh yeah, I don't play anything for weeks/months whatever at a time if nothing interests me or I'm busy.

Parfait

Stop? All games? For how long, forever? Hell no

Stop , a specific game? Already did that with league, I kicked that habit at 3300 games and will likely never go back.

I dont even think I could really stop playing games in between things. I can just flip open the 3ds and play something if im doing something else. I can multitask it pretty easily.

But giving it up as part of my lifestyle? Nah.

I would likely cheat by pulling out my phone and playing puzzle and dragons at one point lol.

Oh and F that. I am at 260 consecutive login days on P&D. No way I am giving that up.

Would logging in be considered playing? I'm worried.

gngf123

Could I? Yeah, I have done many times whenever I need to focus heavily on my work.

Do I want to? No, not particularly.

2 weeks? of course. a month would be tough though, i'd really be jonesing for some Dark Souls 2 and GTAV open world shenanigans (yea still not bored with it).

jaypah

Of course I could if I had too. I don't see it happening any time soon though because I don't have a reason to.

Top Bottom