• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Master Chief Collection: H1-4. H2 full remaster. 1080p60. $59.99 Nov 11 Xbox One

Trey

I think you can safely take out super bouncing, the sword glitch, the duo-crouch-jump-dance thing people do to get out of maps and nothing of value will be lost. When people talk of glitches, they're really talking about BxR, which isn't too bad.

Info seems all over the place but am I reading that right, CE is actually keeping multiplayer intact? Weird that there's no concern of CE's multiplayer splitting any userbases now that consoles need to be sold.

Cool announcement, but after the crap 343's pulled the last few years makes this a bit late for me.

E92 M3

Leave the glitches. They were half of the reason why H2 MP was so enjoyable. I'm still in shock that it's the original MP, was scared to death it would be H4 MP with H2 maps...

Well, Spencer did say on Twitter that they would always be faithful to the original. It's great.

Homeboyd

My guesses for the other five updated maps:

Lockout
Midship
Waterworks
Containment
Terminal

Remade H2 faves, with proprietary graphics and a modified version of h2 gameplay. Lockout, Ascension, Zanzi...

OG maps and gameplay completely intact. It's extra content.
Got one right for sure. I think Terminal will be in there too due to it almost making the cut for CEA (I think it was CEA anyways).

The Flash

Banned
Stinkles, would you be willing to tell us a little bit about the technical aspects of this endeavor i.e. how you guys figured out how to resurrect H2's original MP?

What's up with Spartan Ops ?

In addition to the 45 campaign missions you get with The Master Chief Collection, you can play with your friends on over 100 multiplayer and Spartan Ops maps (including the original Halo: Combat Evolved maps).*

(Please tell me we won't need 2 gold subscriptions again to play splitscreen with both our accounts)

4 player split screen really needs to be included, but since all games are 1080p/60 FPS, I'm worried that it won't be.

Split screen play is part of Halo's DNA, and I would be pretty upset if it's not an option.

Do we have any information on this?
I assumed it was in because I can't imagine it not being there. But yeah, I'd rather know as well.

fucking lol

the entire collective mlg community would drop shits from a great height on this package if you removed the game enhancing glitches known as BXR , BXB, and doubleshot from our beloved Halo 2.

iirc, superbouncing was a flaw in the geometry of the maps themselves, and was not fixable

complaining about bxb/bxr/etc is like complaining about tricks in fighters like animation cancelling that became full fledged features in later titles

There were more glitches than just BXB.

Superbouncing was a flaw in the way the version of Havok middleware used interfaced with the engine under certain conditions. Deep in the engine, was too dangerous to patch post-release when it was discovered.

Another example of a glitch is that grenade jumping could only be done as the host. Without fixing that, if playing on dedicated servers then that means no-one will ever be able to grenade jump (or have external forces properly apply to them).

TheOddOne

Info seems all over the place but am I reading that right, CE is actually keeping multiplayer intact? Weird that there's no concern of CE's multiplayer splitting any userbases now that consoles need to be sold.

Cool announcement, but after the crap 343's pulled the last few years makes this a bit late for me.
Yuuuup.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
LOL what? They didn't re-do all HCE maps either, and they used the Reach engine. This is a great thing for H2.

A half assed effort is a half assed effort. Whether it's the Halo 1 stuff or Halo 2. They haven't gone all out to truly do justice to these games.

And you can play ALL maps in MP, which is something that was taken away when XBL original went down.

For the first week or so maybe and then the playerbase will disappear due to fragmentation.

It is what it is.

Spiders

This and Quantum Break have given me more than enough reason to buy an Xbone. Well played MS.

Can't fucking wait to play Halo 2 and 3 MP again.

Good luck finding a game in playlist you want to play on the game you want to play when the playerbase is spread thin as fuck across three different games.

Locking down the playlists so there are maybe 3-5 for each game would be key to having people find matches.

Unstable

What about rankings? PLEASE PLEASE! Do we have lvls?? 1-50?
Yes

Furthermore, I asked and was assured that 343 is implementing a similar sort of leveling system as Halo 2, where you could actually lose rank if you lost enough matches. “We are in the process of constructing a leveling system,” Ayoub said. “You’ll be able to go down and work your way back up.”
-From the IGN article

cool_dude

Banned
Friend who I used to play Halo with all the time finally is gonna get the Xbox One. I think this game will bring a lot of people back to Xbox Live. Great job 343!

ido

Please let there be backpack reloading in Halo 1.

Fun and neat little bug that everyone loved, I'm pretty sure.

Schmitty

So is each game a separate multiplayer component? So if I choose Halo 2, then I can only play Halo 2 maps or will the game choice only change the gameplay?

Either way this is incredible.

Verachi

Banned
I'm excited to see how well the game is going to play on dedicated servers. Does this mean the end for Modders, standby'ers?

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Only where features existed in the originals.

Any word on when we can expect hands on coverage?

Floor of the show or is there going to be something in advance of that?

Everything gonig to be on show there or just the new stuff from 2?

Top Bottom