• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X E3 Presentation + Gameplay

Dereck

Bluurg. Never cared for Tanya. At all. Easily bottom tier female "ninja".
But Skarlet doe? Skarlet?

iIZLGPPaVk8ty.gif

Dereck

So, what's the point to this? I can't like a character more than yours?

won19avA.gif
The point to this is that I'm joking.

But really though, I didn't think anyone found Skarlet appealing, some of her moves are cool, but I never thought much else of the character.

Unicorn

But really though, I didn't think anyone found Skarlet appealing, some of her moves are cool, but I never thought much else of the character.

She was cool because of the blood tech in the game. She was the most interesting new character up that point, IMO (aside from how they reworked Kenshi).

I'd like to see her return (love me sum ninja).

Khezu

Red hair > Black hair.

She also had one of the most interesting movesets in the game. Though I couldn't use her for crap.

Jaeger

Hard to tell, tbh.

I think in concept, she's awesome. She's a being created by dark magic, and the blood of warriors. And grows even stronger upon drinking more blood from warriors. That shit is dope.

Valkrai

How?

Skarlet isn't even cooler than Tanya.

Skarlet is fairly new in the series but the blood aspect to her seemed really interesting. Calling her worse than Tanya really is odd for me. Tanya, for me, just felt like a useless shit. I'd rather have Jarek over Tanya.

Did we ever get video of Cassie Cage's X-Ray?

If we get just one returning MK4 character, apart from Quan-Chi and / or Shinnok, I'm hoping it's Kai. Simply because, though his MK4 moveset was garbage, that design looked pretty cool in a minimalist way. And I think we need a Shaolin Monk representative to balance out all the evil Outworld weirdos.

I like the idea of Tanya more than her execution. And Reiko is fucking boring. I'm 50 / 50 on Fujin.

Thores

So, Sub-Zero (MKX) is
Shao Kahn
. Evidence here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDyzfrAjnA#t=59
He freezes himself in what is obviously Shao Kahn's form, complete with helm. Something to do with Cyber Sub-Zero being taken over by Kahn's soul?
Who knows. All just rumor/theory.

This would also explain the
giant ice hammer
in his Cyromancer variation.

Man, that's an awesome theory. I really need to keep my expectations in check so that I don't get really bummed if this and/or the Liu Kang thing don't pan out.

RedAssedApe

Banned
three variation thing sounds neat. reminds me of samurai shodown with the good/bad movesets.

I see they still haven't figured out how to model good looking female characters. cassie cage body looks bad. :\

hope the finish him and fatality text are placeholders. they look awful atm.

Sayad

The three variation thing seems like it will offer enough variety to allow counter picking without changing the character. This is huge for character loyalists. :D

I hope the whole HUD is a place holder, I like minimalist HUDs but that just look like something that was thrown in a day or two before E3.

ItIsOkBro

This would also explain the
giant ice hammer
in his Cyromancer variation.

Man, that's an awesome theory. I really need to keep my expectations in check so that I don't get really bummed if this and/or the Liu Kang thing don't pan out.

What's the Liu Kang thing?

mdsfx

So, Sub-Zero (MKX) is
Shao Kahn
. Evidence here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDyzfrAjnA#t=59
He freezes himself in what is obviously Shao Kahn's form, complete with helm. Something to do with Cyber Sub-Zero being taken over by Kahn's soul?
Who knows. All just rumor/theory.

I don't see it. When he is frozen, it looks exactly like his regular garb to me with an added layer of ice and icicles.

This is just like the smoke "discovery" to me. That figure can barely be made out besides the the fact its gray. It could be a zombie for all I know. I think people are getting caught up in excitement and finding things that just aren't there.

Nemesis_

I don't know if this has already been posted but some concept art has surfaced from an artist working at Netherrealm. I can't actually verify whether it's real or not, however.

Ermac has always been one of Boon's faves so I wouldn't be surprised to see him return in some form. This redesign is really fantastic, has an almost Scarecrow-esque look to it too.

Why would anyone need a character like Hydro when you already have Rain?

Tremor makes sense since there's no "earth" ninja.

Tremor has already been created and implemented into the MK universe, I believe. He was a member of the Black Dragon in Special Forces. I am sure they are happy to pretend that game didn't happen, however.

Tremor3.png
TremorBreakOut.png

He also made an appearance in the Vita version of Mortal Kombat 2011 thought that was arguably non-canonical.

I'd be interested to see if they could bring him back. But I personally find earth to be the most boring of the elements. I'd much rather see a reboot of a Rain style character.

When that Ermac design was posted in another thread, I thought it was great. But then when I saw the Batman e3 trailer with scarecrow, I realized where the design came from/went. Probably won't be seeing that iterarion.

mdsfx

think we might be getting this smoke costume?

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7256/mkdsmoke.jpg[img]

that kinda looks like the character kotal kahn is throwing here

[url]http://testyourmight.com/threads/character-smoke-seen-in-kotal-kahn-sun-god-variation-is-it-him.43932/[/url]

O.O not sure if I would like thatttt[/QUOTE]

Oh man i hate that smoke design from Armageddon. Please god no.

fernoca

think we might be getting this smoke costume?

mkdsmoke.jpg

that kinda looks like the character kotal kahn is throwing here

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ch...kotal-kahn-sun-god-variation-is-it-him.43932/

O.O not sure if I would like thatttt
It's a variation of his Deception look; were he was combined with Noob (Noob Smoke).

l9McrLY.png

Looks similar, but we'll see.
Boon already said that many things are just placeholders to hint at things.

So it could be a hint at Smoke been in the game and not his look. Same way the "character with a hat" alludes to either Kung Lao or Raiden; or the "Barack Obama" to Baraka.

oh I know what it's from, it just might be a possibility seeing as it was concept artwork for mk9 also :p

one of the silhouettes is of rorscarch or whatever from watchmen. that could be a hint also

Jaeger

I definitely want Noob back - my favorite character.

Same here. I always imagined him in my head having some of his former abilities still, even if it's just a cosmetic touch, like the Sub-Zero alt in Shaolin Monks. Also his alt in MK4 were awesome, too. Brings home the whole wraith thing.

Oh man i hate that smoke design from Armageddon. Please god no.

I agree. His best has been his most recent human form.

Khezu

Noob should have been a variation for Sub-Zero.

Though Scorpion has his gimmick now with his Inferno variation.

Top Bottom