• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

I've got a Battleblock Theatre item in my inventory called "Knight"; looking at the market, they go for ~$15 but steam won't let me sell mine. From what I can tell they're the exact same item too. I guess I'm missing something but it's kind of weird.

I think the market is down right now - atleast trades are.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Valve is adding the ability to trade with Steam Wallet funds. Found this little hidden div on the trade offer screen:

T5Oa8rW.png

and

PYaKAc0.png

I've got a Battleblock Theatre item in my inventory called "Knight"; looking at the market, they go for ~$15 but steam won't let me sell mine. From what I can tell they're the exact same item too. I guess I'm missing something but it's kind of weird.

That is weird. I have 13 Battleblock items in my inventory (including Knight) and only 4 of them can be sold. I wonder if it's because I got them when it was in beta?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That is weird. I have 13 Battleblock items in my inventory (including Knight) and only 4 of them can be sold. I wonder if it's because I got them when it was in beta?

Looks like the Knight head is going for so high because the "marketable" tag on the item (and quite a few others) got flipped at some point. So you used to be able to sell it, and now you can't. The ones on the market going for so high are just the "leftovers" that are still listed from before the change.

The good news for those people is that someone will inevitably buy every single one listed, assuming they don't flip the "marketable" switch back.

Looks like the Knight head is going for so high because the "marketable" tag on the item got flipped at some point. So you used to be able to sell it, and now you can't. The ones on the market going for so high are just the "leftovers" that are still listed from before the change.

The good news for those people is that someone will inevitably buy every single one listed, assuming they don't flip the "marketable" switch back.

Ah no wonder. Very interesting.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why would they do it if they couldn't profit from it?

Valv gonna Valv

Wonder how this will affect keys. Will it destroy them?
Do you want to get charged a fee when trading games? That's essentially what this is plus a fee.

My laptop will probably run Witcher 3 on very low at like 3fps. Still worth it for what I paid for it(17.50$)

What? You have such an awesome game library and you're playing on a weak laptop?
That's not worthy of your games!
I have an even weaker laptop. I feel your pain ;_;

Videospel

Thanks for this time. This Steam sale has been a near 24/7(11) experience for me, even though I just bought games for ~€50 in the end. I really enjoyed all discussions, recommendations, team banter and generous giveaways. Oh, and the new friends too. I'm planning to get a new computer in time for the Christmas sale, so I might not get away as cheap next time :)

The only thing left to do now is to actually play something.

liezryou

So Valve is adding the ability to trade with Steam Wallet funds. Found this little hidden div on the trade offer screen:

Hasn't that been there for like over a year though? I remember reading something about steam wallet trading close to last year's summer sale.

Lomax

Yeah, the longer I play Castle Crashers, the less I like it. The checkpointing becomes really bad, the combat gets tedious and often feels cheap, and I hate the controller configuration which is of course unchangeable. Somehow I don't see playing it multiplayer doing much other than making it easier. Still glad I got it in the bundle, but Battleblock Theater is vastly superior.

jshackles

Hasn't that been there for like over a year though? I remember reading something about steam wallet trading close to last year's summer sale.

I'm not sure if these particular divs have been here that long (maybe they have been). There was some rumbling about wallet trading about a year ago when, very briefly, some people started seeing their wallet amount in their Steam inventory.

Wonder how much Ubi could make from licensing it, could envision there being some demand for it.

they aren't going to license it. That requires that they also maintain support for it outside of their own studios. Not going to happen. It's more likely that if someone approaches them wanting to use the engine that they sign the studio up and publish the game themselves.

Indignate

they aren't going to license it. That requires that they also maintain support for it outside of their own studios. Not going to happen. It's more likely that if someone approaches them wanting to use the engine that they sign the studio up and publish the game themselves.

True.

Besides, the only people who would want to use it are indies and they're all way to busy using Unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom