• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Shelter 2 screenshot from their Twitter:

Br87X6xIMAA4hfj.png:large

I still like the art style. Lynxes are cool too.
Nice. Shelter was ok. Looks rad, but I'm curious to know how/if they plan to spice the concept up on the gameplay front.

I haven't liked the post-summer sales this year. Last year, they ended up selling a lot of what didn't win community votes up not too long after.

It HAS only been a week or so.

Maybe the odd game here or there, but I don't really remember that being the case. Call me when OOTP 15 is on sale.

Yakkue

x2k2FOG.png

Puzzle Agent 1+2

You play as FBI puzzle agent Nelson Tethers, who has been sent to a small snowy town called Scoggins to investigate a factory closure and a missing persons report.
The gameplay was clearly inspired by the Professor Layton games: While you progress through the story, you have to solve a myriad of different puzzles. The puzzles are all their own little mini-game, so there is no need to go pixel hunting in this point and click adventure.
Sadly, some of the puzzles are fairly simple and dull: rotate some tiles till they fit together, arrange shapes so they make sense, etc. The more logic-based puzzles can be quite fun and a couple really engage your brain, I wish they implemented more of those instead.
The game has a very distinct art and animation style that you may love or hate. Personally, I thought it was charming and fitted the typical Telltale humour very well. The voice acting is spot on and I really liked the sound effects as well.
Where the games really shine is in their atmosphere and story though. Scoggins is painted as a nice little town at first, but you soon realise the sinister truth behind its facade.

What's going on with those "hidden people" only crazy people seem to be able to see?
What's the brotherhood of Scoggins up to?
And how do astronauts fit into this story?

If you'd like to know the answers to any of these questions and aren't too put off by a bit of dull puzzling, I highly recommend playing the games :)

Both games are quite short, you can complete them in about 2 to 3 hours each.
mHr86Wk.png

Aaron D.

header_292x136.jpg

Got a nice deal on F1 2013: Classics Edition over at GMG.

$17.25 after using the 20% coupon code: EEKC1D-0FTUGV-M8G5ZN

That's the lowest I've seen it yet.

Toki767

Here's Toki Tori 2+ for someone.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-9DA8B1651997EA9A - Taken by swx. 4 entrants total.

t1404752965z1.png

Trejik

Not playing Divinity kills me. The more Gameplay I watch the more hype I am, the more poor.

But, to compensate, I played this game I randomly found called Zineth. It's pretty awesome, like a Jet Set Radio game with some weird stuff and awesome quirky stuff all mixed in.

It's free and on Gamejolt if you just look for it.

I might be up for it depending on the time, where do you post that stuff, just the neoGAF group on Steam?

I make a post in this thread with a banner that says SteamGAF CSGO. If I had admin power in the SteamGAF group I could make an announcement that would broadcast to every member of the group but that may be annoying to the few thousand who have no interest in CS:GO. :p

I could make a separate group for those interested in CS:GO to join. If we continue to get a good number of participants at designated times I'll definitely be thinking about making this more organized than it currently is.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Pre-Order up for Risen 3

Dirt cheap in Mother Russia. Fingers crossed for no region lock

What did they ban you for?
Also I am failing to see noteworthy deals.

They've always had noteworthy deals. What were you looking to buy?

I cheated some rewards during their summer sale because I didn't have time to play the games. They caught me red handed and banned me both from Playfire and GMG. Submitted a support ticket asking them why was I banned from the GMG store as well and a very rude employee of theirs replied to me and basically told me to fuck off and deal with it. Assholes
I was looking to buy Godus, PES 2013, Virtua Tennis and F1 2013

Indignate

I've installed EnhancedSteam for Firefox, but it doesn't show me the price for other countries. Is this normal?

It's always been touch and go for me with that specific feature.

Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it just takes a minute or a few refreshes to load in.

Grief.exe

Played an hour of Battlefield Bad Company 2 which I got from sale.
Good God, did I get slaughtered! Those folks are leveled up beyond belief. It's so brutal, it's not fun to play.
Having played BF3 the last days, I have to say BF3 has some very neat features. Recently killed teammates are marked, so you see where hotspots are. The menus are much easier to follow. You have much more weapon variety from the get-go.
Once I get me a PC this fall (plan: i7, 870), I doubt I'll go back to BFBC2.
Gonna try Battlefield 2 now. Let's see how oldies hold up.

I actually consider both BF2 and BC2 to be better than BF3, but your mileage may vary.

The problem with BC2 is you essentially get dunked on until you hit level 18 and acquire the magnum ammo perk. Until that point, you will be outgunned in just about any 1v1 scenario.
I recommend that you just play it safe until that point.

Turfster

I've installed EnhancedSteam for Firefox, but it doesn't show me the price for other countries. Is this normal?

Are you in Europe?
Try adding ?cc=us to the link, it should load immediately then, and if you then go back to cc=<yourcountry>, it'll stick... for a while.

(Maybe something to look into, jshackles ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Do you have it enabled in the options?

Also in case anyone is curious, I'm getting ready to replace this feature in Firefox with it's Chrome counterpart, which should be quite a bit more stable.

Anteater

everyone who likes shmup but not particularly good at it should give danmaku unlimited 2 a try, shit is fun and really accessible

Oh Septerra Core, I remember the salesperson at Media Play telling me it was the PC's answer to FF7 at the time. No way was this true, but I did enjoy the hell out of it back then and it still holds up some now. That is a great price for some good RPG action.

Toki767

I cheated some rewards during their summer sale because I didn't have time to play the games. They caught me red handed and banned me both from Playfire and GMG. Submitted a support ticket asking them why was I banned from the GMG store as well and a very rude employee of theirs replied to me and basically told me to fuck off and deal with it. Assholes

Ah, that sucks. Is it possible to just create a new account?

Hugstable

Banned
I make a post in this thread with a banner that says SteamGAF CSGO. If I had admin power in the SteamGAF group I could make an announcement that would broadcast to every member of the group but that may be annoying to the few thousand who have no interest in CS:GO. :p

I could make a separate group for those interested in CS:GO to join. If we continue to get a good number of participants at designated times I'll definitely be thinking about making this more organized than it currently is.

Yup, last night surprised me with how many people actually joined in. Alot of fun too last night overall, and no insertion!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
everyone who likes shmup but not particularly good at it should give danmaku unlimited 2 a try, shit is fun and really accessible

Yep, it's a great game with easy to read bullet patterns and not so merciless hard as some other bullet hell shmups, I like it a lot!

Vuze

That sucks, how pointless and uneconomic to ban you from GMG as well...

Megasoum

Banned
Dammit GMG finally switched to Canadian prices so now Far Cry 4 is 70$... fuck that.

Also they don't actually specify anywhere if they charge you 70$ US or 70$ CAN... I bet they are dumb enough to still charge in US.

Fucking ripoff.

Sub Zero

Ah, that sucks. Is it possible to just create a new account?

I think I'm IP banned. And to be honest even if they didn't ban me from GMG I wouldn't bother spending a single cent on their store after witnessing their horrendous costumer service

yuraya

Its a shame Garden Warfare isn't on Steam. I can definitely see it being one of those games that benefits a lot from hats, items, keys, chests, and other Steam features which would boost its longevity/community support. Oh well wouldn't buy it either way. But still EA gonna EA.

Sub Zero

Traders seem to be offering Risen 3 for 13 keys. I think they're highballing a bit (should sell it for 1 key less), but maybe I'll bite at that price even though the game will most likely be shit

Played through Valiant Hearts this weekend. Fantastic game and soundtrack! Definitely one to remember.

After that I needed a change of pace so I fired up Broforce. I figured it'd be good from what I've seen and heard, but it definitely delivered.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm IP banned. And to be honest even if they didn't ban me from GMG I wouldn't bother spending a single cent on their store after witnessing their horrendous costumer service
On one hand I agree with the fact that that's not a nice thing to say from customer support. On the other, you did cheat the system to get rewards, so you have no one to blame but yourself.

Anteater

I really need to go play the first Risen

Yep, it's a great game with easy to read bullet patterns and not so merciless hard as some other bullet hell shmups, I like it a lot!

yeah, one thing I like is that I can easily tell where everything is and I could dodge a lot of stuff out of reflex the last second, makes me feel like a pro!

Sub Zero

On one hand I agree with the fact that that's not a nice thing to say from customer support. On the other, you did cheat the system to get rewards, so you have no one to blame but yourself.

I agree that I deserved the ban from Playfire rewards. I can't see the reason behind the GMG ban though

pahamrick

You can create a new account, but as stated they're pretty rude. I got banned for something similar (Went to use SAM to re-lock some achievements in New Vegas, clicked wrong button and unlocked all achievements at once. DIdn't realize they had some rewards for New Vegas going on at the time, oh well.)

The only thing that bothered me is I still had about $15 in credit (not all of which was from the rewards either). Sent in a ticket, and got a similar response in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom