• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Argyle

borghe said:
Ok, requests here and PM so I'll do it.

First you have to create a new system account. Not much there. Then you have to create a new PSN profile and select Belgium as your country. All of the PSN setup screens are the same as US. Can't really give specifics, just make sure you create the PSN account and have your country set to belgium.

Once you have the system account and PSN Belgium account created, you MUST be logged in with this account to access the Euro SingStore. While logged in to that system account boot up singstore like normal. Bam, you will now see all of the Euro songs. Use singstore like normal. Once you are ready to check out you'll come to the regular PSN checkout procedure (in Dutch or French, whichever you chose at PSN account creation) where you can add your AmEx credit card. Please note that your address you used during PSN creation doesn't matter. You can put in a different address when you add your card. USE YOUR ACTUAL BILLING ADDRESS FOR THE AMEX CARD!! Your country will be forced to Belgium but it won't matter. Add funds to your wallet and you'll be set.

So caveats:
Songs cost more than they do on the US store. They are only 1.49E, but between the exchange rate and typical currency conversion charges it ends up being more to add Euros to your wallet.

Songs are purchased from that country's store. This is huge. Billing statements will still go to whatever email address you signed up with, but if your PS3 dies (as we've heard) it will be that much harder to go through the foreign store to get your credits back.

The songs will be accessible from any system account, but songs will only show up as purchased (or show up at all in many cases) from the store they were purchased on. Thus if you bought Queen - Radio Ga Ga from the Euro store, if/when it comes to the US store it will NOT be purchased from that store.

I do not know if AmEx gift cards work or not. I have a gift card on order (as I personally do not have an AmEx card) and will be able to tell you after it comes if it works, but as of now I can only verify that an actual AmEx credit card works.

As of right now this is THE ONLY KNOWN METHOD for US owners to buy stores from the Euro store. All other countries tried come back with "Invalid card" and Blegium comes back with "Invalid car" on either Visa or MC. I am guessing this is a bug, so for those interested, I STRONGLY suggest either finding a friend/relative with an Amex card, using your card, or ordering an AmEx gift card and loading as many euros as you can afford on the Belgium store. If they shut down this bug you will still have the funds and can still use them to buy songs. Otherwise if/when they shut this down you simply won't have any way of getting funds on a Euro PSN account (until/unless they release PSN redemption cards for Europe).

I now have half a dozen or so songs from the Euro store. This does work. It's not as easy as some might like, but as long as AmEx Gift Cards work this option should be possible for anyone with a credit card (minus Gift Card fees for getting the card, currency conversion costs, and of course the weak dollar right now).

I can't get this to work. Someone posted on the Sony boards yesterday saying that the loophole is still open though.

What kind of AmEx card are you using? I have an AmEx Blue and it doesn't seem to work...

When I put in my billing address, I am using the "correct" fields - that is, my street address on the first line, City and State in what seem to be the appropriate fields (as opposed to say the second and third address lines), and my zipcode in the postal code field. Is this what you did?

dk_

Lately, I have problems with the singstore/online. When I want to access my HD lamp goes crazy and it takes a while to load the video. After that there is the zigzag symbol on the upper right. Then I can't exit via O and when I try to exit via the XMB the PS3 resets.

I've finally seen an ad for the PS3 versions, specifically highlighting the Singstore as the selling point and mentioning specific (Swedish) artists. About time I'd say.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
AshRiot said:
i search mika and tokio hotel but i don't see this music, why ??

Because, of course, there are 500 000 videos available and you can have all of your favorite artists? Come on...

MadFuzzy

AshRiot said:
i search mika and tokio hotel but i don't see this music, why ??

Those songs are on a different disc version of the game to the one you own, and are not on the Store. I believe both artists are on the German versions of Volume 1 and 2.

The Official Singstar Facebook group is reporting the following English songs for this week:

The Wombats - Backfire At The Disco
The Offspring - Self-Esteem
Sunrise Ave - Fairytale Gone Bad
Saybia - The Day After Tomorrow
The Rasmus - In My Life
Blue - One Love
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
The Ting Tings - Great DJ
Hanna Pakarinen - Leave Me Alone
Coldplay - Fix You
The Rasmus - No Fear
Blur - Coffee & TV
OutKast - Hey Ya!
The Rasmus - Shot
Hard-Fi - Cash Machine
Placebo - Nancy Boy
David Bowie - Absolute Beginners
The Rasmus - Chill
Sanna Nielsen - Empty Room

As soon as the full update is available I'll post it up here.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
MadFuzzy said:
The Official Singstar Facebook group is reporting the following English songs for this week:

The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
Coldplay - Fix You
If we actually get all 4 of these it will be the update I bought the most songs from hands down. Offspring is pretty much a given, coldplay I'd say is highly likely. If that's the Ting Tings song in the ipod commercials here I'd say that's likely also. Stone Roses.... sigh............ If we get that I will not say a single bad thing about this update, but considering all we got in GH3 was a cover and they are by far a dominantly British band I'm holding out about as much hope as the Queen tracks (i.e. none)

Tntnnbltn

Insta-buys:

Maybes:
The Rasmus - In My Life
Blue - One Love

Have to say I quite like that update. A large amount of Vol 1 songs for Vol 2 owners, another song from The Wombats (and one step closer to 'Lets Dance To Joy Division'), and Great DJ by the Ting Tings (was hoping for this when 'That's Not My Name' was released).

I also love how they've added another 4 songs from The Rasmus, bringing the total up to 7. (The band has only made 14 or so music videos to date) While I am not a big Rasmus fan, I know that there are people out there who are. I hope SingStar is able to get entire back catalogues for more artists.

Artists with the most songs on the SingStore:
- Blur (7 songs)
- Maxïmo Park (7 songs)
- The Rasmus (7 songs)
- Coldplay (6 songs)
- Ash (5 songs; still hoping for some stuff from their Meltdown album)
- Billy Joel (5 songs)

This is an excellent song. It placed 2nd in the Swedish Eurovision Song Contest but didn't win because of the jury vote. I'm definitely getting it.

painey

are they going to add Trophies for Singstar? I think that would finally push me over the edge to purchase the full price pack.

MadFuzzy

dk_ said:
When does the update usually hit the store?

Normally late afternoon (UK time) every other Thursday.

Here's the official list for this week from the official forum:

In English:

Blue - "One Love"
Blur - "Coffee & TV"
Cindy Lauper – “She Bop”
Coldplay - "Fix You"
Culture Club – “Karma Chameleon”
David Bowie - "Absolute Beginners"
Franz Ferdinand – “Do You Wanna”
Franz Ferdinand – “Take Me Out”
Hanna Pakarinen - "Leave Me Alone"
Hard-Fi - "Cash Machine"
Hot Chip – “Over And Over”
OutKast - "Hey Ya!"
Placebo - "Nancy Boy"
Sanna Nielsen - "Empty Room"
Saybia - "The Day After Tomorrow"
Suede – “Beautiful Ones”
Sunrise Ave - "Fairytale Gone Bad"
The Magic Numbers – “This Is A Song”
The Offspring - "Self-Esteem"
The Rasmus - "Chill"
The Rasmus - "In My Life"
The Rasmus - "No Fear"
The Rasmus - "Shot"
The Stone Roses - "She Bangs The Drums"
The Ting Tings - "Great DJ"
The Wombats - "Backfire At The Disco"

In Finnish:

Indica - "Ikuinen Virta"
Kotiteollisuus - "Helvetistä Itään"
Kotiteollisuus - "Tämän Taivaan Alla"

In French:

Luke - "Hasta siempre"
Tina Arena - "Aller plus haut"

In German:

Falco - "Out Of The Dark"
Helge Schneider - "Käsebrot"
Jumpy & Mungo Jerry - "In Der Winterzeit"

In Italian:

Anna Oxa - "Senza Pietà"
Velvet - "Funzioni Primarie"

In Portuguese:

Da Weasel - "Dialectos da Ternura"

In Swedish:

Barbados - "Världen Utanför"
Kikki, Bettan & Lotta - "Vem É Dé Du Vill Ha"
Roger Pontare - "När Vindarna Viskar Mitt Namn"

Lots of Volume 1 songs for Volume 2 owners and a load of already released SingStore songs reappearing for some reason...

Vashu

A new Falco song, cool.. But, where's Jeannie? :(

But huh? 'Over and Over' again? Your list is faulty, at least the English list. Here's the better one:

Blue - "One Love"
Blur - "Coffee & TV"
Coldplay - "Fix You"
David Bowie - "Absolute Beginners"
Hanna Pakarinen - "Leave Me Alone"
Hard-Fi - "Cash Machine"
OutKast - "Hey Ya!"
Placebo - "Nancy Boy"
Saybia - "The Day After Tomorrow"
Sunrise Ave - "Fairytale Gone Bad"
The Offspring - "Self-Esteem"
The Rasmus - "Chill"
The Rasmus - "In My Life"
The Rasmus - "No Fear"
The Rasmus - "Shot"
The Stone Roses - "She Bangs The Drums"
The Ting Tings - "Great DJ"
The Wombats - "Backfire At The Disco"

MadFuzzy

Vashu said:
But huh? 'Over and Over' again? You're list is faulty, at least the English list.

That was the official one put out by SCEE but they've now stripped out the older songs to give the list that you posted as "things were confusing" before.

Apparently the repeated songs that were listed are for countries that didn't get them a few weeks ago (like the Franz Ferdinand songs in Germany, etc).

polg

Where are my alphabeat songs? :(

CD has finally been release in NZ, so I'm hoping the song will soon pop up in the singstore

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I am so disappointed with the U.S. Singstore updates. It seems like there is only one new song for us (the Offspring). Everything else is already on our one disc (we don't get Volume 2 for another 6 months) or is an artist we've never heard of.

Tntnnbltn

dk_ said:
Has anyone tried Men At Work "Down Under"? It's impossible to sing...
I don't remember the PS2 version being impossible, but it's been a while since I've sung it.

Edit: I went an rebought it from the SingStore. The only lines that completely threw me off was the chorus after the Bombay part. I don't know what pitch they want me to sing it in, but it's not the same as the previous ones. Wound up with 7750 on my first go on Easy (not a particularly high score for me, but I've had plenty worse)

dk_

Tntnnbltn said:
I don't remember the PS2 version being impossible, but it's been a while since I've sung it.

Edit: I went an rebought it from the SingStore. The only lines that completely threw me off was the chorus after the Bombay part. I don't know what pitch they want me to sing it in, but it's not the same as the previous ones. Wound up with 7750 on my first go on Easy (not a particularly high score for me, but I've had plenty worse)
Yeah, that part bugs me and also parts of the refrain. My highest score was 5000 something. I guess, I need more training.... :D

Tntnnbltn

Didn't see this posted earlier. It's the Top 20 SingStore downloads for June, originally posted on the official PlayStation forums.

1. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
  2. Queen - The Show Must Go On
  3. Radiohead - Creep
  4. Queen - Radio Ga Ga
  5. Avril Lavigne - I'm With You
  6. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi
  7. Coldplay - Yellow
  8. P!nk - Get The Party Started
  9. Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
  10. Westlife - Uptown Girl
  11. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
  12. Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
  13. Avril Lavigne - Complicated
  14. R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts
  15. Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
  16. Don Mclean - American Pie
  17. Coldplay - The Scientist
  18. Blondie - Call Me
  19. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
  20. Lily Allen - LDN
(In before Queen/US store complains)

dk_ said:
Yeah, that part bugs me and also parts of the refrain. My highest score was 5000 something. I guess, I need more training.... :D
I went through and listened to the song on practice mode. The note charts are true to the song. If you listen to the chorus I mentioned before you'll notice that half of the lines are actually sung at a lower pitch. The same applies to the refrain. It's hard to hear when your singing it yourself.

Tntnnbltn

SingStore updates are live. (At the time of posting, live enough to see the new content in the store but not live enough to actually download it)

Here's the US SingStar update...

New Content from Euro Update
Blue - One Love
Blur - Coffee & TV (European Vol 1)
Coldplay - Fix You (European Vol 1)
Hanna Pakarien - Leave Me Alone
The Rasmus - Chill
The Rasmus - In My Life
The Rasmus - No Fear
The Rasmus - Shot
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums (European Vol 1)
Sunrise Ave - Fairytale Gone Bad
The Wombats - Backfire At The Disco

Content from Euro Update which is MIA
David Bowie - Absolute Beginners
Hard-Fi - Cash Machine
OutKast - Hey Ya (US vol 1)
Placebo - Nancy Boy
Saybia - The Day After Tomorrow

borghe said:
Stone Roses.... sigh............ If we get that I will not say a single bad thing about this update, but considering all we got in GH3 was a cover and they are by far a dominantly British band I'm holding out about as much hope as the Queen tracks (i.e. none)
It's your lucky day. :p

borghe

Tntnnbltn said:
It's your lucky day. :p
I am honestly for once NOT complaining about the update. 4 songs that are definite buys.. will peruse through the rest. hopefully we'll see some existing euro songs pop up as well (queenqueenqueenqueen)

and I'm not going to bitch about the top 20 list, but do find it funny that the US is missing 25% of the songs. and one of them is a major US property while the other two group are major worldwide acts.

Isn't it pretty obvious by now that Sony simply doesn't have and can't get the rights to Queen in the US at the moment? It's not like they would withold their best seller just to spite people.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Here's the US SingStar update...

Yeah, that's another lame update for the US store, but I know what's awesome and I once again send many thanks to Tntnnbltn for helping me out.

Really, it's a kind of magic and a breakthru that the show must go on, so don't stop me now while I radio ga ga. :D

Returners

dose said:
This better be compatible with the current songs we've already bought. There's no way I'm paying for the same songs agian.

agreed. Make it the Singstar "platform", rather than individual releases

Tntnnbltn

dose said:
This better be compatible with the current songs we've already bought. There's no way I'm paying for the same songs agian.
They've already got cross-title DLC set up with SingStar Vol 1 + Vol 2. It's not like they're going to suddenly take it all away.

MadFuzzy

Here's the list of new songs available on the PAL Singstore this Thursday (24th July) according to the official Singstar Facebook group:

In English:

Toni Braxton - Un-break My Heart
Maria Mena - Just Hold Me
Aleksander - With The Other Side
Margaret Berger - Samantha
Turbonegro - High On The Crime
The Proclaimers - Letter From America
Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
OutKast - Idlewild Blue (Don'tchu Worry 'Bout Me)
Weird Al Yankovich - Like A Surgeon
Shakin' Stevens - This Ole House
Elvira Nikolaisen - Love I Can't Defend
The Offspring - All I Want
Santogold - L.E.S Artistes
Beth Orton - Stolen Car
HIM - Killing Loneliness
Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
Surferosa - Saturday Night

In French:

Christophe Willem - Jacques A Dit
Mademoiselle K - Ça Me Vexe
Fatal Bazooka - Fous ta cagoule

In Norwegian:

Vamp - Tir Na Noir
Erik Og Kriss - Det e’kke meg det er deg
Erik og Kriss - Den Låta
Erik Og Kriss - Dra Tilbake
Anne Grete - Preus Manens Elev
Vamp - Månemannen

In Spanish:

Melendi - Kisiera yo saber
Danza Invisible - Sabor de amor
Duncan Dhu - En Algún Lugar

In Swedish:

Arja Saijonmaa - Högt Över Havet
Lasse Holm & Monica Törnell - È Dé Det Här Du Kallar Kärlek

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Here's the list of new songs available on the PAL Singstore this Thursday (24th July) according to the official Singstar Facebook group
Here we go again. Another bori --
-- FULL OF WIN

Also seems like SingStar have got their licensing with Offspring cleared. Second song in two updates.

borghe

umm... wow... damn. nice update. I actually was pretty ok with the last update.. and frankly this one blows it out of the water. ones which are pretty much a given for me (when I get back from camping):

The Offspring - All I Want
Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
New Kids On The Block - Step By Step

7 songs? Really?? Wow. and that's without the wife having seen the list also, so I don't know what current pop tunes are on there (if any) that she's going to want to grab.

great job sony. thanks!!!

RedBoot

Weird Al, Offspring, and Foreigner songs are all mine if they make it over here.

As far as other Weird Al songs, obviously the best one to put on a singing game would be Hardware Store (although I don't know if it has a music video), I've been wanting to see that on this or Rock Band for a while.

Top Bottom