• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGreatDave said:
The ION kit will be awesome, but for a player of my skill I just want simple but reliable hardware.

I'll bet the GH:WT kit is realiable as hell!
but probably unplayable in Rock Band due to the radical layout differences and the fact that some RB charts map toms the same pads that get high hat on other songs).

FF_VIII

Banned
Belgand said:
I must be the only person who greatly prefers the RB2 equipment to the GH equipment.

You dare doubt RedOctane!?!

!!

Plus, 6 inputs > 5 inputs.

Ion kit can have all the cymbals it wants, but it's still only 5 inputs.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I'll bet the GH:WT kit is realiable as hell!
but probably unplayable in Rock Band due to the radical layout differences and the fact that some RB charts map toms the same pads that get high hat on other songs).

I worry about how its gonna work in Rock Band. If Harmonix don't support it well I'll probably just stop playing drums in Rock Band. I don't want two drum kits out.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
FF_VIII said:

!!

Unless it is in drum trainer where it has 8.

Onemic

TheGreatDave said:
The ION kit will be awesome, but for a player of my skill I just want simple but reliable hardware. We have a shitty customer service from EA in the UK, I really don't want to go through it again.

If you get the ION kit I believe customer service would go through Alesis, not EA, and it's pretty much guaranteed to be 100 times better, since they are real electronic drum kit manufacturers.

Onemic

FF_VIII said:

!!

ION is the exception to this rule though. You can't possibly think for a second the GHWT drums are even close to being better than the ION drums.

And the fact that you can have double bass with the stock RB2 kit, makes the 6 inputs of GHWT, not seem that big of a deal.

Belgand

I was thinking that the "armored" drum notes in GH:WT really seem to make a lot of sense. Since RB2 will also have velocity-sensitive pads I was hoping to get a read on whether people think it would be inappropriate to have included them. I mean, the song is still perfectly playable without giving them any additional accent. Would it be that big an issue if you got slightly more points for them? What if the extra points were removed? Would they cease to have any interest if they were optional, but still indicated?

Personally I think I'd still be in favor of them even without a score incentive. Just an idea of having the additional challenge of being able to play the song "correctly". I'd also like it if there was a similar way to indicate notes to be played a bit softer. The guitar may not be able to produce any expressive functions due to the nature of its modeling, but why shouldn't the drum get it?

Onemic

Belgand said:
I was thinking that the "armored" drum notes in GH:WT really seem to make a lot of sense. Since RB2 will also have velocity-sensitive pads I was hoping to get a read on whether people think it would be inappropriate to have included them. I mean, the song is still perfectly playable without giving them any additional accent. Would it be that big an issue if you got slightly more points for them? What if the extra points were removed? Would they cease to have any interest if they were optional, but still indicated?

Personally I think I'd still be in favor of them even without a score incentive. Just an idea of having the additional challenge of being able to play the song "correctly". I'd also like it if there was a similar way to indicate notes to be played a bit softer. The guitar may not be able to produce any expressive functions due to the nature of its modeling, but why shouldn't the drum get it?

It's still very possible that not everything has been announced for RB2. Maybe I'll get my wish with the charts looking different when you need to hit a tom or a cymbal.

Uncle AJ

I've only recently listened to the entire version of Down With The Sickness (apparently I've only heard the stuff up until the chorus until now), and damn if that shit isn't gonna take some serious editing. I assume there's already a radio edit they can use?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Belgand said:

Ugh, this is moving too far away from "fun" and far too deep in to "simulation". Some of the drum shit is insanely hard already without the game screaming at you to "hit harder you fucking pussy...".

Belgand

McBradders said:
Ugh, this is moving too far away from "fun" and far too deep in to "simulation". Some of the drum shit is insanely hard already without the game screaming at you to "hit harder you fucking pussy...".

But if it was a totally optional thing that didn't affect points or anything else... y'know, for kids?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Belgand said:
But if it was a totally optional thing that didn't affect points or anything else... y'know, for kids?

It still shows your inadequacy... it's bad enough when you have expert songs taunting you from the wings "...you can't beat me! You can't beat me! You can't even three star me! You suck! You suck!". :lol

onemic said:
If you get the ION kit I believe customer service would go through Alesis, not EA, and it's pretty much guaranteed to be 100 times better, since they are real electronic drum kit manufacturers.

I'll never get the ION kit, just because I'm not a good enough drummer to need an electric drum kit. What I mean is I'm reluctant to buy Harmonix hardware after the bullshit I went through returning my drums the last time.

sneaky77

McBradders said:
It still shows your inadequacy... it's bad enough when you have expert songs taunting you from the wings "...you can't beat me! You can't beat me! You can't even three star me! You suck! You suck!". :lol

you don't have to hit them harder if you don't want to, is just extra pts if you do. And you don't have to smash them with a hammer... just hit a slightly harder hit than the normal hits you use. I think is a cool idea actually.

For whoever said it earlier, I doubt the Harmonix charts will change because of the GH:WT since it has plenty of pads to cover all the notes anyway, I am guessing that the extra cymbal will just not get any use in Rock Band. But the Gh guys said that their kit works with RB1, but they don't know about RB2 cause the game obviously is not out

sneaky77

onemic said:
ION is the exception to this rule though. You can't possibly think for a second the GHWT drums are even close to being better than the ION drums.

You cannot compare... the GH:WT drums come with a bundle.. they are not an extra $300

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I really think that RRRRRRRR YYYYYYYY BBBBBBB GGGGGG rolls are vital to my fun while playing drums, and the GHWT drumset can't do those. Thats how my decision was made.

sneaky77

dave is ok said:
I really think that RRRRRRRR YYYYYYYY BBBBBBB GGGGGG rolls are vital to my fun while playing drums, and the GHWT drumset can't do those. Thats how my decision was made.

The GH game may not have fills... but the GH drumset can do that if you are playing RB lol

Onemic

sneaky77 said:
you don't have to hit them harder if you don't want to, is just extra pts if you do. And you don't have to smash them with a hammer... just hit a slightly harder hit than the normal hits you use. I think is a cool idea actually.

For whoever said it earlier, I doubt the Harmonix charts will change because of the GH:WT since it has plenty of pads to cover all the notes anyway, I am guessing that the extra cymbal will just not get any use in Rock Band. But the Gh guys said that their kit works with RB1, but they don't know about RB2 cause the game obviously is not out

Wait, so you get extra points for hitting the pads harder now?

Onemic

sneaky77 said:

HMX might not have announced everything for RB2, so you never know.

Struct09

Mo the Hawk said:
I've only recently listened to the entire version of Down With The Sickness (apparently I've only heard the stuff up until the chorus until now), and damn if that shit isn't gonna take some serious editing. I assume there's already a radio edit they can use?

There is a radio edit, and it's not too bad. It will be interesting to see how they handle some sections of the song in Rock Band, but otherwise I imagine they'll just blank out the f-bombs like they did with other songs.

BigAT

Mo the Hawk said:

There is a radio edit of the song that I have to imagine they'll use. It cuts out the entire "rant" section of the song (everything from "AND WELL I DREAM" on). Even so, there's is still a fair amount of censoring to be done in the song.

sneaky77

onemic said:
HMX might not have announced everything for RB2, so you never know.

Well yeah, there may be some stuff they havent said yet, but since the GH:WT drums are not out, is not like they have access to see how they could change things, even if they wanted to

DrEvil

not a medical professional
The ION kit is incredible, I had a chance to play it at E3 and I will be buying it the moment it's available to Canada,

blows the POS that is the Rockband/Rockband 2 drumset out of the water.. I find it hard to play drums in Rockband right now because of my craving for the drum rocker... bah.

Struct09

dork said:
can't find the gh4 thread, but i got a tracklist from someone who works on the game

crazy train ftw

Post it, we love bitching commenting on things that aren't officially announced or confirmed!

dork

Banned
Struct09 said:
Post it, we love bitching commenting on things that aren't officially announced or confirmed!

its a guy who has been working on the game... i'm going to take his word for it
he didn't tell anyone not to post it..i don't think

i didn't want to post it in this thread, seeing how it's the rock band thread but fine

Antisocial - Trust
Aggro - The Enemy
About a Girl - Nirvana
Assassin - Muse
American Woman - The Guess Who
Band on the run - The Wings
Beat it - Micheal Jackson
B.Y.O.B - S.O.A.D
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
Purple Haze - Jimi hendrix
Vicarious - Tool
Schism - Tool
Parabola - Tool
Stranglehold - Ted Nuget
Stillborn - Black Label Society
Mr Crowley - Ozzy Osbrone
Crazy train - Ozzy Osborne
Misery Business - Paramore
One Armed Scissors - At the Drive-In
Love Spreads - Stone Roses
Vinternoll2
Dammit - Blink 182
Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger
Monsoon - Tokio Hotel
L'via La(something) Mars Volta
La Bamba - Los Lobos
Hot for Teacher - Van Halen
Satch Boogie - Joe Santani
Rooftops
The Kill - 30 seconds to mars
Heartbreaker - Pat benetar
The Joker - Steve Miller Band
Demolition Man - Sting
Spiderwebs - No Doubt
Shiver - Coldplay
Santeria - Sublime
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Nuevola e Levenio
Too Much Too Young Too Fast
Good God - Anouk
Toy Boy
Do it Again - Steely Dan
Hotel California - the Eagles
Hey Man Nice Shot - Filter
Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man 1970s
bullet for my valentine- Scream Aim Fire
Beastie Boys No sleep till brooklyn
Billy Idol Rebel Yell 1980s
Blondie One Way or Another 1970s
Bon Jovi Livin' on a Prayer 1980s
Dinosaur Jr. Feel the Pain 1990s
Korn - Freak on a Leash
Dream Theater Pull me under
Fleetwood Mac Go Your Own Way 1970s
Foo Fighters Everlong 1990s
Interpol Obsticle 1
Jane's Addiction Mountain Song 1980s
Jimmy Eat World The Middle 2000s
Lynard Skynard Sweet Home alabama
Lacuna Coil Our Truth 2000s
Linkin Park One Step Closer 2000s
Metallica Trapped under Ice 1980s
Modest Mouse Float On 2000s
Motorhead Overkill 1980s
Rise Against Re-education through labor
Silversun Pickups Lazy Eye 2000s
Smashing Pumpkins Today 1990s
Survivor Eye of the Tiger 1980s
Soul Doubt - NOFX
Never Too Late - The Answer
Up Around the Bend -CCR
The One I Love - REM
Some Might Say - Oasis
Weapon of Choice
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Prisoner of Society
Hail to the Freaks
Escula de Calor(or something)
Kick out the Jams
Beautiful Disaster - 311

dork

Banned
as i said i can't find the ghero thread, so feel free to post that in there.

ill even accept all the negativity and criticism if it proves false. But the stuff this guy is saying, is some programing shit that is over my head, and he is talking about other versions and a few achievements.

now i'm going to go play facebreaker

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
onemic said:
If that's the real GHWT setlist, then its pretty shitty.

And I told you Pink Floyd would never be in a Rhythm game!
FRETS ON FIRE SAYS OTHERWISE!

:\

dork

Banned
XShagrath said:
Also.. Scream Aim Fire is by Bullet for my Valentine, not A7X.

he was typing it by memory, he didn't know all the bands. other people were trying to help him :) Thanks though.

edited it

dork

Banned
Wired All Wrong said:
NOFX is still there, so thats good. Also, I posted your list in the Guitar Hero thread for you dork.
thanks

i only glanced at the last list that came out, but i think i like this one better

any game that has rise against has my money.

Belgand said:
0015.jpg
that is the most rendery render I've ever seen rendered. wow.
sneaky77 said:

sounds like HMX and the Gh3 guitars all over again. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom