• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER 2 Xbox Graphics Modes & Main Story Length Detailed | 4K30FPS on Quality, 4K60FPS on Peformance

King Dazzar

They are not first person shooters??
The previous ones were and so is this. Its just likely to be far more hardcore than say CoD. The previous ones were pretty brutal, with a focus on survival, beyond just the gun ballistics. I dont know if this one is going more towards the Metro series or not.

twilo99

The previous ones were and so is this. Its just likely to be far more hardcore than say CoD. The previous ones were pretty brutal, with a focus on survival, beyond just the gun ballistics. I dont know if this one is going more towards the Metro series or not.

Oh, I see.. I guess its as much of FPS game as Starfield in the sense that there is way more to it than just shooting

Markio128

I don’t own an Xbox anymore, but I’m still rooting for this game. I hope it turns out great. Hopefully it comes to PS5 as well at some point because I’d defo support the devs if it’s decent enough.

Good time to mention S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Anomaly if you guys haven't checked it out. Completely free to download and play. It's incredible.

Perfect way to warm up for the newest release.

I'll say I hope that development is going as smoothly as it can considering what's going on in that part of the world and what they had to do to continue it. Looks great and I look forward to playing it.

That Folsom prison blues remix is absolute fire!

Please use TSA instead of FSR2! TSA in Remnant 2 looks soooo much better than FSR2 game I've played. It seems like such a no Brainerd that i wonder if devs are being paid to use FSR.

How do developers whose JOBS are making videogames not know which upscaling technique actually provides decent image quality?

This game is confusing me. It looked amazing when it was announced, then looked to have been severely downgraded last E3 trailer, now looks amazing again! Really hoping these devs can pull this off

Senua

I try my best not to use upscaling at all, my 4090 and future best in class gpu will be set to native 4k when possible.
I generally find DLSS quality to look better than some native 4k games when the only AA option is TAA. maybe it's a sharpness and distance thing. Ghosting is piss poor on TAA so the ghosting on DLSS quality doesn't bother me, going down to performance mode is shite though of course.

kyussman

I'm so fucking over US devs and their woke blinkered view of the world......I hope this bunch of eastern europeans can show them how to make a good video game without all the virtue signalling nonsense.

I try my best not to use upscaling at all, my 4090 and future best in class gpu will be set to native 4k when possible.

This makes no sense. The difference between quality DLSS and native for 4k has never justified the hit to my FPS. I'm pretty sensitive to these things usually and I can't understand people who insist on native.

I wish I could find a mirror of the leaked build from a couple of week ago, I really wanted to see some unaltered gameplay of it.

Moses85

With this Game (if it will be worth it) I will release my Series X from its 8 month slumber and dust.

Is that one guy in the Trailer Vitalij V. Klyčko?

Last edited:
I generally find DLSS quality to look better than some native 4k games when the only AA option is TAA. maybe it's a sharpness and distance thing. Ghosting is piss poor on TAA so the ghosting on DLSS quality doesn't bother me, going down to performance mode is shite though of course.
The hate for DLSS is weird because it is a technology that's constantly improving. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years people couldn't even tell.

pasterpl

Cannot wait. Will play as I do recently with time split between Xbox and pc depending what experience I fancy at the time. thank god for game save sync between Xbox and pc.

EPIC NONLINEAR STORY IN SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD​

Take over a role of the lone stalker and explore photorealistic seamless open world in a 64-km² radioactive zone with a variety of environments that reveal post-apocalyptic atmosphere from different angles. Make your way through the Zone to define your destiny as you choose your paths within highly branching epic story.

Not a fan of giant open world games these days when games are better served as wide linear or metroidvania but game does look interesting.

Last edited:

Xdrive05

Still CPU limited on current gen consoles unfortunately

For as much of a big deal that was made about the CPU upgrades this gen, they ended up being "just good enough" actually. I think they're basically laptop variants (low cache, low clocks). The hype had me assuming they would be in the ballpark of a Ryzen 5800X or so, but it seems like they actually perform around a desktop 3600 at best. Massive leap over the old 1.6Ghz Jaguars, but not quite enough for UE5 to go 60 reliably just yet. Engine optimizations can't come soon enough. Hopefully STALKER 2 is a leap forward in that respect.

Last edited:

twilo99

For as much of a big deal that was made about the CPU upgrades this gen, they ended up being "just good enough" actually. I think they're basically laptop variants (low cache, low clocks). The hype had me assuming they would be in the ballpark of a Ryzen 5800X or so, but it seems like they actually perform around a desktop 3600 at best. Massive leap over the old 1.6Ghz Jaguars, but not quite enough for UE5 to go 60 reliably just yet. Engine optimizations can't come soon enough. Hopefully STALKER 2 is a leap forward in that respect.

You are correct, they are very similar to laptop CPUs which makes sense considering the power envelope.

I think optimizing UE5 for these weak CPU would greatly benefit the next generation consoles since they will certainly have better CPUs.

Remnant 2 runs “well enough” on current hardware but I’m sure the internal resolution is quite low and all of that. Let’s see how this game does, but I have to admit that it does look very moody in a good way

skneogaf

I like dlaa

Topher

Gold Member
There is a distinct lack of 40hz modes on Xbox first party / exclusive games.

I have no idea why that is and I wish it would change.
Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

Dorfdad

Gold Member
This is the problem. Too many cod people will get in to this and the dev will do one of two things.
1. cater to fps fans, which means stripping out all rpg mechanics, inventory and realistic attributes to ballistics, armors etc...
or
2. Stay true to their roots and add on to the rpg inventory system.

I really hope its part 2, but if MS pushed them it will probably be option 1 to cater to halo/cod players and not the hardcore stalker fans.
(same thing happened to Mass effect, how it went from rpg to shooter with dialog options basically, although shooter fans loved it, I preferred the first game as far as rpg systems go)

Really irks me how only thing being talked about is Graphics. why does resolution matter so much to some? Things can be upscaled, does it look that bad? As someone who is still using 1080p tv and monitors, i don't know. I was told upscaling on 4k from 1080 is really good. Are they wrong?

Anyway, hope we get more details on gameplay and inventory system, open world, gun and armor, anomalies and dialog, everything that is important in stalker.
because sadly gaming is about bout PR honestly. Marketing and graphics are the only thing that they can "SELL" while features and content are the bread and butter of a good game none of that draws you in. This is why developers choose 4K/30 over optimizing for 60 because it reduces fidelty and than the fans say this looks last gen.

Top Bottom