• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 New Trailer and Footage | Gamescom 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
A new Stalker 2 trailer has been released, confirming that the game will now launch in the first quarter of 2024. Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl releases on PC and Xbox Series X/S in Q1 2024

The game will be available on Game Pass day one, as well as on Steam and GOG. Preorder of physical editions available on the official website.”

An IGN Preview can be seen below with new footage as well:

Today, August 24, marks Ukraine’s Independence Day. On this date in 1991, it declared its independence from the Soviet Union, GSC Game World has issued an statement from Gamescom 2023

On this Independence Day, we have a tremendous possibility to demonstrate our game to the world and move forward in its development. And we don’t forget that this chance is granted by defenders of our homeland, its freedom, and its borders.

Last edited:

eNT1TY

Time of day and weather also impacts a lot of the visual pizzazz of the franchise and the trailer showed the most boring conditions visually. This game will deliver jaw dropping vistas when you least expect them if any of the visual language of the previous entries carries over; the trailer indicates it will.

oji-san

Banned
Looks cool, gonna play it for sure, thought it may be something closer to Metro Exodus but it seems different, still seems like a lot of fun.

Bry0

It definitely looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in the best possible way.
Take your time, I'll be there day 0.
100% the bubble anomaly thing looks awesome. Can’t wait to see what kind of crazy anaomalies there are. They looked artistically stunning in COP

Also curious who the VO is for skif, sounds super familiar to me but maybe it’s just the accent? It a perfect fit though a sort of American localized version of the types of people you’d find in the zone. Makes me think of Henry hill.

Last edited:

Hudo

Man, this trailer is so bad. The downgrade, holy shit. The gunplay and AI are also awful.

What the hell is happening at Xbox ? I really hope Starfield is a good game because Forza and STALKER 2 feels both like freaking disaster.
Isn't Stalker a multiplatform, third-party game?

MiguelItUp

Looks great. As I've said before, it's amazing it's even still coming through, and that development was even able to continue with everything GSC Game World was going through.

Bry0

Hope, it's Xbox version, anyway let's see in final version

Interesting
“Fallout combined with dark souls”

Omg stfu. “I died once, this is just like dark souls” I’m so sick of this. Lmao

Nooooo....where is Lumen? Lumen/lighting is what makes games look truly look next gen. I don't believe majority of the gaming population realizes just how much lighting affects the atmosphere and overall look and feel of a game.

I am hoping to god this is only the consoles versions. Worst case scenario, mods will save it and enable Lumen on PC, or the developers will add it separately to it on PC.

Will still play day 1.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I can see the downgrade.
UFaEMmw.jpg

Now everyone can see it very clearly.

kiphalfton

Forget all the other Microsoft exclusive releases, that inevitably disappoint, THIS is the game that Microsoft should be pushing hard advertisment wise.

I expect it will be fantastic.

Ginzeen

Banned
Man, this trailer is so bad. The downgrade, holy shit. The gunplay and AI are also awful.

What the hell is happening at Xbox ? I really hope Starfield is a good game because Forza and STALKER 2 feels both like freaking disaster.
this isnt a xbox title....also the graphics were down graded. Doesn't mean the game will be bad. I can't wait for this one. Stalker is criminally underrated

UFaEMmw.jpg

Now everyone can see it very clearly.
That's what happens when you use in-game shots that looked like painted over bullshots as "screenshots". There was no way the game was going to look anything like those first screenshots because they were presumably straight up painted over in 2d image software. Why is this still allowed and not punished with fines for fraudulence?

Last edited:

StueyDuck

There is a downgrade for sure, but did anyone not expect that 🤷‍♂️. Mark this thread for next time we see actual fable gameplay and we'll start this whole cycle again.

In terms of the actual game, it's looking great, I hope it continues the heart and feel of the originals and from the previews it sounds like it possibly may be.

That's what happens when you use in-game shots that looked like painted over bullshots as "screenshots". There was no way the game was going to look anything like those first screenshots because they were presumably straight up painted over in 2d image software. Why is this still allowed and not punished with fines for fraudulence?
Screenshots aside, what was this:
giphy.gif

stalker2-artifact.gif

Target footage? CGI?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

I think most of us we're kind of expecting a "downgrade" or rather anticipating footage of the real game without all the smoke and mirrors bullshit of the early trailers.

I think it looks STALKER as fuck. I am pumped. But I never expected it to look like those first trailers.

Stafford

I immediately noticed it in the new footage, wtf man. And it's not even like it looked too good to begin with. Seemed very doable to me.

Stafford

En, what does Xbox have to do with this? It's not like they are developing this. Hell, we don't even know if they are helping out. Let's blame Xbox though.

Roberts

Yeah, for better or worse, this new video looks how you imagine a modern STALKER game would look. These early screenshots were too good to be true.

Top Bottom