• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 New Trailer and Footage | Gamescom 2023

Flabagast

Screenshots aside, what was this:
giphy.gif

stalker2-artifact.gif

Target footage? CGI?
100% CGI, as everyone wise knows.

They did not even have access to UE5 (the engine of the game) when they released this trailer.

lucbr

That's a downgrade for sure, but I can understand under the circuntances. If there is a gamepass upgrade I will probably buy.

Ristifer

I think most expected a downgrade, but that's pretty substantial from what was shown. I'm still excited to play either way. I'm sure it's going to be great anyway.

Killer8

Man, this trailer is so bad. The downgrade, holy shit. The gunplay and AI are also awful.

What the hell is happening at Xbox ? I really hope Starfield is a good game because Forza and STALKER 2 feels both like freaking disaster.

A little something called the Ukraine war.

I'm amazed we still see 2005-2016 era Ubisoft photoshopped bullshots these days, but there it is.

It's literally gameplay with concept art drawn on top.
I mentioned something about it looking like far cry in another thread the other day before it came out and people said I was being ridiculous.

Look at it now

Shut0wen

Always had little hope for this game, ever since the expansions dropped for og stalker gcs world went corrupt af then all of a sudden the studio closed and 7 years later it opened back up with stalker 2 coming back, feel bad that the war probably hasnt helped them either though

tmlDan

This looks so much worse than the reveal im shocked, im sure it'll still be fun so i might give it a shot but this was not a good trailer

//DEVIL//

look like a PS3 game now. horrible framerate.

fucking pass.

Also: Phill doesn't know how to play with the keyboard. these fingers on the keyboard are something else.

Last edited:
Surprised this wasn't posted yet, meme worthy - you're the pro! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Quite interesting control techique there Phil.

Phil looks so...reserved and awkward here. It must be exhausting to constantly have to present yourself to cameras as they follow you everywhere. My face would be in pain from having to smile like that all the time.

Ulysses 31

Knew that 2021 trailer was too good to be true.

Still looks like a big step up from current S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games graphics wise.

That American voice sounds out of place too for the series.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
UFaEMmw.jpg

Now everyone can see it very clearly.

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

I called it in the screenshot thread. This game wont see the light of day in at least 2 more years. Also they cant even match a game that came out 4 years ago and this was the og version without raytracing when I took the screenshot in 2019.

916CF04049151BCEEC1133E8711AEAA9AEF93955

Kvally

Banned
Man, this trailer is so bad. The downgrade, holy shit. The gunplay and AI are also awful.

What the hell is happening at Xbox ? I really hope Starfield is a good game because Forza and STALKER 2 feels both like freaking disaster.
What does Xbox have to do with this game that is being developed for Xbox, PS5 and PC during a war?

As for Forza, is today opposite day?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Idk man second screenshot looks more like actual Eastern Europe to me.
😂
Well, most Eastern Europe willages (were people actually live) don't look like this (let alone have concrete block instead of asphalt on roads, but they don't have asphalt too) cuz they weren't affected by radiation and wasn't abandoned for almost 40 years.

Btw, have you guys noticed the weird Tractor out there which is clearly a placeholder and don't even have textures? I only just noticed it. How they've managed to miss this after reviewing the footage before publishing is beyond me.

Also they cant even match a game that came out 4 years ago and this was the og version without raytracing when I took the screenshot in 2019.
Actually, original version had RT, the main (and big) difference is that the latest version of the game was build with RT in mind, don't have raster effects (lighting, AO, shadows, etc.) at all and simply won't work on none RT GPUs.

Here's Metro Exodus EE at 4K with maxed out settings incl. RT (I haven't played much of this version yet, so I only have screens from the very early part of it):

brMOmj6.jpg
I7h225v.jpg

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Game didn’t seem like that big of a downgrade to me. Still looks good.

I just think the game will release in a dog shit state AKA RedFall 2.

Apocryphon

Slightly disappointed with how it looks visually after expectations were set so high, but unless it’s completely borked I’ll probably still pick this up at launch.

What concerns me most is the frame rate…. it was uploaded at 60 but some of those scenes aren’t getting anywhere near, despite very little taking place on screen….🫤

this isnt a xbox title....also the graphics were down graded. Doesn't mean the game will be bad. I can't wait for this one. Stalker is criminally underrated
Do you mean Xbox first party or xbox game in general because it IS coming out for Xbox as well and always has been.

I'm super excited for this game. The originals are some of the most atmospheric and underrated games I've ever played. Stalker Anomaly is like no other IMO.

I mean, their country is at war, a number of their employees were killed, and it's fucking Microsoft's fault?
The depths people will go to try and throw shit at MS is quite amazing to see.

SABRE220

Lmao imagine shitting on devs who are in a literal warzone
No one is shitting on the devs for that reason, they are being called out for the blatantly dishonest media that they released in the earlier trailers which were straight up cgi since they seemed to not even have the engine in their hands at the time. The hurdle in development conditions would result in reduced quality assets and lack of polish etc but here the very underlying tech is vastly different and that comes about when devs use a vertical slice target and claim it as realtime.

Kudos to them for contributing to development in such difficult conditions in the past but that doesn't change the fact that they were dishonest about the game's visuals since the very start of the game's development cycle. Also, they are no longer in Ukraine and have been in Prague for quite a bit.

Always had little hope for this game, ever since the expansions dropped for og stalker gcs world went corrupt af then all of a sudden the studio closed and 7 years later it opened back up with stalker 2 coming back, feel bad that the war probably hasnt helped them either though

I feel like people have amnesia about the whole GCS thing, because people tend to forget that the talent from that company left after the CEO pretty much embezzled the money and was a corrupt piece of shit. The people went and formed 4A Games and made the Metro trilogy. If this was 4A Games doing STALKER 2, I would have believed it, but since it's just the CEO larping and trying to bring back an old IP I never had hope. Then before the whole Ukraine war, they started dicking around with NFTS and I went... ah there we go.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well, most Eastern Europe willages (were people actually live) don't look like this (let alone have concrete block instead of asphalt on roads, but they don't have asphalt too) cuz they weren't affected by radiation and wasn't abandoned for almost 40 years.

Btw, have you guys noticed the weird Tractor out there which is clearly a placeholder and don't even have textures? I only just noticed it. How they've managed to miss this after reviewing the footage before publishing is beyond me.

Actually, original version had RT, the main (and big) difference is that the latest version of the game was build with RT in mind, don't have raster effects (lighting, AO, shadows, etc.) at all and simply won't work on none RT GPUs.

Here's Metro Exodus EE at 4K with maxed out settings incl. RT (I haven't played much of this version yet, so I only have screens from the very early part of it):

brMOmj6.jpg
I7h225v.jpg
I have some shots from pc RT edition maxed out. Replayed it last year

bSp56LZ.jpg

MkYGkjx.jpg

RqrUzsE.jpg

xc4Ew1m.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Metro, Stalker atmosphere is to my Slavic soul something which does not lost magic, just like tits.

I assume you can play this game with a controller? The first one for some ungodly reason never implemented that so I never played it.

How do you downgrade something that we’ve never seen in-engine footage of before? This was always what the game would look like. Let’s not pretend that reveal teasers are what every other game turns out to match upon release. 🙄

Last edited:
Top Bottom