• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 runs at 30 fps with dynamic resolution on both Xbox Series S and Series X according to GamePro (there are no graphics modes)

But the beauty also comes at a price: Hellblade 2 only runs at 30 fps with dynamic resolution on both Xbox Series S and Series X. There are no graphics modes; the frame rate can only be increased on the PC. The VFX Director explains this in an interview with GamePro by saying that the experience should feel more "cinematic" - similar to movies that run at 24 frames per second.

Whether this will convince every fan remains another question. However, as the gameplay is generally rather slow and weighty, the smooth 30 fps didn't bother me in the play session.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
1OQEbG0.jpg

DJ12

Excellent news. Proof that the Xbox hardware was squeezed properly and the studio achieved what it had in mind without worrying about the usual whiners.
Smilies missing to indicate your sarcasm?

What they had in mind and even stated was 4k minus the black bars. Not dynamic res if i recall correctly, not sure if this change had been communicated prior to this announcement.

Last edited:

Rheon

The 'game' is a glorified movie so this tracks.

I don't think 60fps would improve the experience by much.

Top Bottom