• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just so people stop flipping out. There is a big difference between the possibility of delay and an actual delay. I really really doubt that is happening. Nintendo doesn't sound like they'll let that happen.

Anything is technically possible, but Nintendo is banking very hard on Amiibos this holiday season, and I have a feeling the investors put greater emphasis on the big holiday release than they do on individual character balance. Without Smash and Amiibo, Nintendo has jack for the holiday season.
It's Bayonetta 2's time to shine.

I heard from a reputable source that the game is delayed to 2015 because they added too much muscle mass to Star Wolf and Falco, breaking the engine completely.
I heard the exact opposite and they're actually fat pieces of shit now.

Also they're inexplicably human and like Rayman Origins.

-Horizon-

I've been playing Persona 4 Golden; Johnny Yong Bosch for next Smash.
NOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys~

This is kinda not news but I thought I should say anyway.

I work near Bandai Namco in Tokyo and was just chatting with a guy working on Tekken 7.

Talking about Smash he said the whole team is on 'fire' and working insane hours. He said that there was talk of the 3DS version being delayed.

I explained this was really unlikely but he stood by his claim.

So there you go.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pls yes.

Moar polish

Moar chars

Moar tearz
;~;

Lunar15

We all said Ridley was too big, but you guys didn't listen. You just had to have the team work to get him in there, didn't you?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I heard they added in Mecha Ridley, Robot Ridley, Ridley X, regular Ridley and the building they were in caught fire. No one was seriously injured but the game has been moved back to the Gamecube 2.

jnWake

I heard some rumours that they worked so hard to get Ice Climbers working on 3DS that the engine suddenly can't understand characters that aren't doubles. Mario Climbers to be announced soon.

God damn it, PLEASE don't let there be a delay. I couldn't handle it. I mean I could, but... no. Can't happen.

Just played a bunch of Smash 3DS in the last hour. The game feels so close to done...

No chance either version gets delayed beyond 2014. They need that Amiibo money for the holiday. They'd be crazy to delay the Wii U's one big holiday game.

I don't want a delay just as much the next person, but health comes first.

But at the same, Nintendo doesn't have a holiday title for the Wii U aside from Smash right? Hard to imagine a delay...

I don't want a delay just as much the next person, but health comes first.

But at the same, Nintendo doesn't have a holiday title for the Wii U aside from Smash right? Hard to imagine a delay...
You don't believe Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker won't carry Nintendo through the holiday season?

No way this is getting delayed. I highly doubt Captain Toad alone will carry Nintendo through the holidays.

Settle down, guys.

and myself, dammit!

-Horizon-

SmashGAF in full panic mode now. We're going to blow through the next thread even faster than this one.
I-I can't be separated from her for much longer

p4YLBhg.jpg

Smash 3DS will be out this year for sure.....but start to panic once they delay the japanese version.

Honestly, they can take all the time they want, as long as they get it right like they always do.
*waits for it*

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If Kiri's source is right.

Hey guys~

This is kinda not news but I thought I should say anyway.

I work near Bandai Namco in Tokyo and was just chatting with a guy working on Tekken 7.

Talking about Smash he said the whole team is on 'fire' and working insane hours. He said that there was talk of the 3DS version being delayed.

I explained this was really unlikely but he stood by his claim.

So there you go.

Heard through the grapevine that Smash 3DS cannot afford to not make it in 2014, and that Smash Wii U could be delayed into 2015 depending upon how much Sakurai and company decide to change the characters around based upon feedback from all these demoes.

I'm fine with the delays actually. I love how they always delay games to polish the games.

He brought it up; not me!

I think what's likely happening is that stuff is being picked out for later DLC addition.

DLC characters or just random things?

But you said you were 100% for sure certain there would be a delay!
/s
"Could be", not will be. Even then that was if Sakurai decided to do heavy lifting on the characters due to the feedback from the demos. Considering he's probably already planning for patches I really see no reason why they'd delay the game if that avenue already exists for them.

DLC characters or just random things?
He said DLC characters, specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom