• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

God, I remember doing that. No fun at all. At least it looked pretty good for back then.

Definitely. I remember watching videos on IGN for Attitude before it released. Was so hyped when I saw HHH's entrance with him saying "lets get ready to suck iiiiiiit". Weird looking back how hyped you could get over small shit. "Oh shit man you can wrestle at house shows!?" I bought Attitude on the n64 a couple weeks back and had to look up how to do the Stunner. WTF Acclaim.

I was more thinking about the likes of Namco.

And come to think of it, my bad. Def Jam was made by a Japanese developer so there goes that.

Aki was the best. Def Jam was great and their wrestling games were great. It's really a shame they aren't still making wrestling games.

I can't believe there are some people here defending this bullshit, like this:

All the new animations are impressive they are doing a good job of making this the most realistic wrestling game ever. They do need to work on the striking impact, though it is better even in 2k14. for example dropkicks and some clotheslines when hit from behind just as good as the AKI games. Ground strike impacts look great now,tho all of them werent terrible in 2k14 either. They are definitely improving . I do think AKI game had some great fluidity in spots but overall it lacked in other areas that Yukes excels in. Now that the gameplay is just as deep as the AKI games theres no going back for everyone but the very vocal minority that hates Yukes.

You best be collecting a paycheck from 2k or Yukes, because this is embarrassing

dubq

Yeah characters no selling all your moves and getting right back up, wrestlers and objects teleporting and glitching, and fucking pin meter mini games are so fun. I guess "fun" is subjective.

I didn't find the selling that bad in 2K14. In fact there were instances where I felt they should've gotten up sooner; and I for one have never experienced any of these wild teleporting or character-deforming glitches. Pin meter is also pretty simple once you get the hang of it.. So yes, it is subjective.

You best be collecting a paycheck from 2k or Yukes, because this is embarrassing

Oh, I get it. We can only have an opinion if we're bashing the game based on off-screen demo footage and are bitter and not excited for it. Got it. Copy that.

Oh, I get it. We can only have an opinion if we're bashing the game based on off-screen demo footage and are bitter and not excited for it. Got it. Copy that.

Look at the damn videos!! I don't care if they are off screen, fuzzy screen, or being projected onto a rock, it's easy to tell the animations are shit. You can say you like Yukes's games, that's fine, but in no way can those animations be called impressive

dubq

Look at the damn videos!! I don't care if they are off screen, fuzzy screen, or being projected onto a rock, it's easy to tell the animations are shit

I've looked at the footage, pal. It doesn't look any worse than the previous game, IMO, and honestly, I'd rather reserve my judgement for the final product. BUT, I guess we aren't allowed to be positive about anything around here without someone crawling up our asses about it.

Lol must be Yuke's employees trying to keep their job. We can only hope VC gets rid of them for next years game.

I didn't find the selling that bad in 2K14. In fact there were instances where I felt they should've gotten up sooner; and I for one have never experienced any of these wild teleporting or character-deforming glitches. Pin meter is also pretty simple once you get the hang of it.. So yes, it is subjective.

What? Does anything keep a character down for more than 8-10 seconds? I hit 3 finishes in a cage match and dude still got up and pulled me off the cage. I don't know how you haven't experienced the glitches. I started up 2k14 again the other day and first match in a table teleported from inside the ring to the top of the stage. I don't see how you can be excited for this footage with blatant glitches like the frozen piece of chair in the air and the glitched replay in the no holds barred match footage. Moves with the weapons aren't even connecting to your opponent.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the damn videos!! I don't care if they are off screen, fuzzy screen, or being projected onto a rock, it's easy to tell the animations are shit

If only it animated as good as this
tumblr_n89huj9YoO1rka1sjo1_400.gif

dubq

I don't know how you haven't experienced the glitches.
You know that glitches with games aren't always a sure fire thing, right? I've never been able to replicate any of the shit I've seen in these YouTube videos. I don't know why you're getting so up in arms about it, though. I'm not saying they don't exist. I'm telling you that I have not experienced them. Jesus..

I don't see how you can be excited for this footage with blatant glitches like the frozen piece of chair in the air and the glitched replay in the no holds barred match footage. Moves with the weapons aren't even connecting to your opponent.
A piece of a chair floating between the ropes and a glitched replay that I would skip anyway.. yeah that's really going to hinder my enjoyment of the game.

I've looked at the footage, pal. It doesn't look any worse than the previous game, IMO, and honestly, I'd rather reserve my judgement for the final product. BUT, I guess we aren't allowed to be positive about anything around here without someone crawling up our asses about it.

"It doesn't look any worse than the previous game"...exactly. It also doesn't look any better despite all those thousands of new animations. Thanks for making the argument for everyone disappointed by this footage, "pal".

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
whiterussianlegsweep.gif

LOl, pounds on the mat, stays in crouching positon, and spins before getting up. time to boycott AKI

dubq

"It doesn't look any worse than the previous game"...exactly. It also doesn't look any better despite all those thousands of new animations. That's for making the argument for everyone disappointed by this footage, "pal".

So, because everyone else doesn't like it, I'm not allowed to be okay with it or be positive about it? Fuck off.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
That looks really good. The timing is great, the way La Parka lifts his legs, and Raven sits up afterward, nice touch.

Wait, are you implying it looks bad?

Didnt say its bad, that was one of my fav finishers back in the day. but the animations in 2k are a billion times better any other opinion is just silly.

dubq

Are you five? Everything is a personal attack with you...

I was about to ask you the same thing since you seem to be the one coming after people based on their opinions-that-don't-match-yours about a video game.

(and if "fuck off" is a personal attack to you, you really need to get a grip.)

I was about to ask you the same thing since you seem to be the one coming after people based on their opinions-that-don't-match-yours about a videogame.

I believe you were the one who resulted to childish name calling. Whatever, I'm done wasting my time with you, enjoy your WWE 2k15

Didnt say its bad, that was one of my fav finishers back in the day. but the animations in 2k are a billion times better any other opinion is just silly.

The only DDT in any of the Yukes games that comes close to that Evenflow is the HHH DDT from the PS2 generation games.

dubq

I believe you were the one who resulted to childish name calling. Whatever, I'm done wasting my time with you, enjoy your WWE 2k15

Where is the childish name calling? Please quote the post where I called you a name. Unless you're talking about "pal" - then again, get a grip.

If you recall, I originally quoted your post going after 3kuSaS about how he had "better be getting a pay cheque" from 2K or Yukes because he had a positive opinion about the game and the video.

njean777

Is really sad that thia actually looks better than what we are getting right now.

I think it might come down to age maybe alot of you guys defending yukes have not played the AKI games?

I played them, but I quit playing wrestling games after Here Comes The Pain. Picked up WWE2k14 and enjoyed it as I just recently got back into wrestling. It is pretty cool, so idk I guess I just don't really care.

ElRenoRaven

Is really sad that thia actually looks better than what we are getting right now.

I think it might come down to age maybe alot of you guys defending yukes have not played the AKI games?

That would be my guess. Seeing those gifs so makes me wanna find the games and play them again. They were without a doubt the best games there are.

dubq

Not even close. 36 here. And no one is really defending Yukes, or at least I'm not. I'm excited for their game and am open to seeing what the final product looks like without turning into a fire-breathing internet rager over some demo footage. I'm just saying that a lot of people view the AKI games with heavy nostalgia googled. I have the games in my den, with a working N64. They do not hold up well. The slowdown alone is awful.

Paracelsus

No Mercy has weight behind everything the models do, that DDT is perfect because characters look like they have a weight to them, unlike 'suspension of disbelief' floaty WWE characters.

If only there was a way to replace models with HCTP caws, it would be perfect forever.

ElRenoRaven

No Mercy has weight behind everything the models do, that DDT is perfect because characters look like they have a weight to them, unlike 'suspension of disbelief' floaty WWE characters.

If only there was a way to replace models with HCTP caws, it would be perfect forever.

Actually I remember seeing a mod out there back in the days that did insert ROH and TNA wrestlers. It was very early years of TNA though so that tells you how long ago it was. Just googled and on youtube there is video. Apparently it was still being worked on. Became a WWE vs TNA mod.

Yea the weight and animation were way better. This resulted in some logic and pace to the combat that yukes cant seem to replicate.

Moves just dont do the damage they should and the in ring movement is way too floaty.

Yea the weight and animation were way better. This resulted in some logic and pace to the combat that yukes cant seem to replicate.

Moves just dont do the damage they should and the in ring movement is way too floaty.

I think the thing is they used hand drawn animation back then. I wish they would go back to it instead of the motion capture.

Question: how come I can fire up HCTP, a ps2 game in 2003, and have Chris benoit do a beautifully animated diving headbutt off a ladder that's on top of of two stacked tables onto an opponent on top of another table and have it connect flawlessly, without the models fumbling around or the table break looking like shit with cardboard pieces all over the place and flying into the crowd

And not say the same for WWE2K14, a game released last year?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
God, all this old wrestling talk. I missed how impactful the moves looked and felt. I haven't seen a proper BrainBuster in these WWE games since SvR 2010.

Paracelsus

Question: how come I can fire up HCTP, a ps2 game in 2003, and have Chris benoit do a beautifully animated diving headbutt off a ladder that's on top of of two stacked tables onto an opponent on top of another table and have it connect flawlessly, without the models fumbling around or the table break looking like shit with cardboard pieces all over the place and flying into the crowd

And not say the same for WWE2K14, a game released last year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rgjEEmsvAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szSDWFWJclk

Let your ears do the work. Big Show's 2K14 choke slam is atrocious, like he's gently putting you to sleep. And it's not like they don't have real life samples to choose from.

A common pedigree in HCTP feels like Hunter is busting his kneecaps and you're dead (which is kinda correct since he can pin you after just one finisher).

I dunno man. The 2k animations should obviously be a lot better compared to a 15 year old game, but like Sibersk pointed out, just look at the small details. It's everything. Even the way Raven hits the mat with his hand to break his fall.

2k is so far behind what it should be. When I look at the basketball series and how it's made strides in animation over the years, it's just crazy. Look at NBA 2k and then look at NBA 2k14.

I am actually going to get this years wwe game just to support Visual Concepts since I appreciate what they've done with the models. Won't be buying it next year though unless they change the gameplay.

Let your ears do the work. Big Show's 2K14 choke slam is atrocious, like he's gently putting you to sleep. And it's not like they don't have real life samples to choose from.

A common pedigree in HCTP feels like Hunter is busting his kneecaps and you're dead (which is kinda correct since he can pin you after just one finisher).

Lol sounds have gotten worse in the games too. Just embarassing when you go back and see it.

Look at this shit. Light tap for most of impacts, no bounce when they hit the mat. The camera in 2k14 stays completely stationary during all the finishers, just flaccid

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno man. The 2k animations should obviously be a lot better compared to a 15 year old game, but like Sibersk pointed out, just look at the small details. It's everything. Even the way Raven hits the mat with his hand to break his fall.

you give a little detail like that credit because you have your mind made up already. If you looked at all the moves in 2k, youd notice a million more better details.

2k is so far behind what it should be. When I look at the basketball series and how it's made strides in animation over the years, it's just crazy. Look at NBA 2k and then look at NBA 2k14.
Its a lot harder to make a complex wrestling game with all kinds of intagibles that happen during a match fluid, than simply running around with a basketball.

I am actually going to get this years wwe game just to support Visual Concepts since I appreciate what they've done with the models. Won't be buying it next year though unless they change the gameplay.

I still dont get the gameplay complaints. animation arguments i can entertain, but gameplay wise its an advanced version of no mercy.

It looks alright. But a ton of those moves look very weak. Just look at that jackhammer right before that at 9:35. Shit looks pathetic.

Trust me man, I REALLY want to like these games. I look forward to them every year but they rarely improve. Sometimes they go backwards.

It's bad man. Here Comes The Pain looks more fun to play than WWE 2K14. I want these games to improve, but I need to realize that won't happen as long as Yuke's is involved. I was so hyped for 2k15 because it was going to be the first wrestling game on PS4, but man it's disappointing.

Top Bottom