• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

I honestly don't see a reason why they would cut Lucas. He shares a bunch of animations with Ness, they could just borrow a bunch from Ness. A lot of his moves behave like slightly modified Ness moves too, just modified animations and calculations.

He'd certainly be easier to add to the game than Wolf (who's about 90% unique, while Lucas is more like 50%), and most people think Wolf is fairly safe.

Except that Lucas' animations are actually just as different as Wolf's except for the specials. While I am glad people are starting to realize that Wolf does not share a lot of stuff with Fox, Lucas is in the same boat - his specials might be a bit more similar to Ness', but his entire A moveset is unique, with the exception of the forward smash.

I think locking all the doors behind you and not giving you your toys is a bit more annoying than telling you your batteries are low.

The latter was actually quite involved in the two times I had any discinerable reaction to anything in that game:

1. Laughing at when I was being cooked for well over an hour in the lava sector only for the Varia Suit to activated at the boss fight because...just because.

2. Getting pissed at how
they didn't even bother telling you the Power Bomb was unlocked for the Metroid Queen fight

"The Baby" was merely an amusing portent of much worse grievances.

People made it out like it was some kind of mantra she kept repeating or w/e.

I mean, I'd kinda get it if it's referring to the story themes, but I was just left wondering if her saying it like seven times in the intro had that much of an impact on people.

Fi is the embodiment of the death of freedom in Zelda. Every word she speaks is like a hammer driving a nail into my head, reiterating unskippable dialogue that was told to you less than 60 seconds ago. Fi represents the end of exploration, replacing it with fucking waypoints and pointing a stick at a thing. Her only redeeming quality is that she was in a Zelda game, which still means something to certain people.

Fuck Fi.

thank you <3

Sounds like Fi might be waiting around the corner for "the boys" rather than Captain Falcon, actually

my boys know never to accept any candy from shitty characters

He'd certainly be easier to add to the game than Wolf (who's about 90% unique, while Lucas is more like 50%), and most people think Wolf is fairly safe.
Hm? I'm not sure on that percentage breakdown. Lucas and Wolf are pretty close when it comes to comparing to their respective sources. The only thing Lucas has over Wolf is sharing a forward smash animation--the rest of Lucas's normals are completely different.

Except that Lucas' animations are actually just as different as Wolf's except for the specials. While I am glad people are starting to realize that Wolf does not share a lot of stuff with Fox, Lucas is in the same boat - his specials might be a bit more similar to Ness', but his entire A moveset is unique, with the exception of the forward smash.

That's still a lot they could borrow, more so than, for example, bringing ROB back. Also his frame is exactly the same, so rigging and whatever would be copy and paste.

Feltrol

Banned
Earthbound has some pacing problems. But continue.

You are just starting with the upwards spiral of awesome. Keep going!

Will do, then. Thank you! :)

I'm always up for an avatar bet! How about... I bet that we're going to get a new stage reveal by the end of the week.
That's the best thing I can think of right now. =P

Hmm, this one's though. I really want to see you with a Krystal avatar again, so I might be willing to do it!

zroid

Banned
Already, we're nearing POTD time, so...

vraicz.png

YOUR PICK FOR 19TH GREATEST SMASH BROS CHARACTER WILL BE REVEALED SHORTLY!

200.gif

mad.gif

Flowmoney

I hope fountain of dreams gets announced and Sakurai says this.

"Pic of the day , the water thats leaking from the fountain is actually the tears of the peoples whose dreams didn't come true."
"Its also the key to my eternal youth".

The time I played it gave me a look at it's mechanics. Even if I didn't play it for much, I was quite interested in it.

By the way, I also would like to see Ness and Paula together
. :)

Play your cards right at the ending and it just may come true!

Neoxon

No college classes this week, so it looks like I'm gonna be up all this week.

A certain deity will have to wait, to keep the mods happy.

Feltrol

Banned
On the topic of PotD, what are your favorite daily pics already shown SmashGAF?

news_photo_42991_1406050526.jpg

As a Star Fox fan, Sakurai revealing a stage from Star Fox Assault reminded me of my childhood. Playing that game back in the day to get Wolf was a very good challenge, that put me into trial by using what I had learned while replaying the game.

That's enough for me to consider this PoTD one of my favorite ones. :)

Play your cards right at the ending and it just may come true!

I should start playing now.

TheChits

As a Star Fox fan, Sakurai revealing a stage from Star Fox Assault reminded me of my childhood. Playing that game back in the day to get Wolf was a very good challenge, that put me into trial by using what I had learned while replaying the game.

I should start playing now.

I really wish we could see more of this stage

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Capcom adds a second Mega Man representative: Zero.

Honestly, Zero's basically more popular than Mega Man if you ask me.

random25

There can be only one.

Seriously though, besides the obvious bit (cough), I really love the way the four of them look there, just posing. Smash art staff are secret masters of posing.

Sakurai really trolled Ike with that one lol. Should have been him instead of DK.

My childhood was on the first ever Star Fox. Damn I feel like I'm already a senior citizen. :p

tjqhha.png

Olimar
19th Place (Victory Music!)

Notable Appearences
Pikmin (2001)
Pikmin 2 (2004)
Pikmin 3 (2013)

Bio
Captain Olimar, commonly called Olimar, is the main protagonist of the Pikmin series. He discovered PNF-404 and the Pikmin species. He works at Hocotate Freight and owns and captains his ship, the S.S. Dolphin. When going on a personal vacation, he crash landed on a mysterious that he lated dubbed PNF-404. There, he discovered many strange creatures, most notably the hard working and ever eager to please Pikmin. Utilizing their various abilities, Olimar was able to repair his ship and return home to Hocotate. Olimar has returned to the planet several times for various reasons and seems to be destined to work with these creatures time and time again. While it can be argued he may be sacrificing these Pikmin for less-than-noble goals, Olimar does seem to have a strong bond with the creatures and together, they are quite the powerful team.

What NeoGAF Says
&#8220;The way Olimar bandies about with his pikmin platoon on the front lines makes for an incredibly fun, unique character. The tiny pikmin get lost in the chaos of 4 player battles, which make it easier to sneak in hits, too.&#8221; - rawktapus

&#8220;He has a really interesting playstyle. He's also pretty powerful in the air.&#8221; - Astrogamer

&#8220;Unique as hell lol.&#8221; - J@hranimo

Olimar_Spin_Right_Round_sma.gif

Congrats, Olimar!

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Fi is the embodiment of the death of freedom in Zelda. Every word she speaks is like a hammer driving a nail into my head, reiterating unskippable dialogue that was told to you less than 60 seconds ago. Fi represents the end of exploration, replacing it with fucking waypoints and pointing a stick at a thing. Her only redeeming quality is that she was in a Zelda game, which still means something to certain people.

Fuck Fi.
That was so beautiful it brought a tear to my eye.

Have to say Oric, I'd love to hear your opinion on each choice as well. :)
Really? I originally had a "What I Think" section right before the "What NeoGAF Says" section, but I wanted this to be a GAF celebration, not to focus on my thoughts. I'll think on it, though.

For the record, I fucking love Olimar!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm shocked with Olimar. I didn't pegged him as popular with the fans here. However I really enjoy to playing as him, but not enough to be my main.

Fireblend

Banned
Olimar has been a meh character to me for a looong time, mostly because I usually like to play with characters whose games I am familiar with, but after finally playing through a Pikmin game this year (3, what a brilliant, brilliant game) I'm really looking forward to giving Olimar a second chance.

Top Bottom