• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Game Wallpapers & Hi-Res Artwork ~Official Thread~

orioto

Good Art™
Third installment in my HD 2D remakes. Link to the past obviously :)

Through_the_night_by_Orioto.jpg

http://orioto.deviantart.com/art/Through-the-night-96477716

Dl the FullHD version on the page, as usual.

orioto

Good Art™
-_-"

Actually, the result is certainly more like the original sprite than the artworks for the game you know... Should i had to make him pink hair also ?? Come on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
orioto said:
-_-"

Actually, the result is certainly more like the original sprite than the artworks for the game you know... Should i had to make him pink hair also ?? Come on.

Pink hair?

I just think it kinda... kills the whole Retro theme when... there's such an anachronism present.

But that may be just me being overprotective of one of my favorite games. :) The rest of the work is beautiful, really.

orioto

Good Art™
Thx, but what i'm trying to explain to you is that your atwork isn't the game original link... The original looks like nothing, and has pink hair yes.

My version is the wind waker one cause it's more modern, but it's not a different link. He's dressed the same i mean... He's just made from the sprite, which looks like a child, more like the Wind Waker one, and not the grown up version in the artwork.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
orioto said:
Thx, but what i'm trying to explain to you is that your atwork isn't the game original link... The original looks like nothing, and has pink hair yes.

No, LttP Link had brownish/dark blonde hair.

You're getting it confused with his hat.

orioto said:
My version is the wind waker one cause it's more modern, but it's not a different link.

You contradict yourself here. Wind Waker Link is entirely different, a doe-eyed, cel-shaded 8-year old child. Link to the Past Link is not the same. ;)

orioto said:
He's dressed the same i mean... He's just made from the sprite, which looks like a child, more like the Wind Waker one, and not the grown up version in the artwork.

Exactly. LttP Link was a teen but WW Link was a child, and even if they dressed the same they'd look different. LttP Link, as you can see in the artwork, has rounder, blue eyes, for one.

Sorry this turned into such a debate, but mixing and matching Links based on your preference doesn't exactly fit the retro style you're going for.

Edit- For the record, something like this:

24guib5.png

My best attempt in Paint lolz. You guys think I'm good enough to enter the Sonic art contest? XD

orioto

Good Art™
I just tried with brown hair but he looks like a monkey. I Think the new Link is Blond, and that's not for nothing.

I'm not making it for a "retro" feel specially. I'm making it like if it was a newly done remake, and Link is how it shoul look now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
orioto said:
I just tried with brown hair but he looks like a monkey. I Think the new Link is Blond, and that's not for nothing.

I'm not making it for a "retro" feel specially. I'm making it like if it was a newly done remake, and Link is how it shoul look now.

But LttP Link isn't a kid. :/ Even if his look was updated to Wind Waker's, he wouldn't be a kid...

Darkpen

Banned
orioto said:

I think it looks fine as it is. Don't listen to the vocal fanboy monkey and his "pink hat" theories. I say his hair was straight up pink in LTTP :/

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Andrex said:
No, LttP Link had brownish/dark blonde hair.

You're getting it confused with his hat.
No, it was pink.

Seriously and truly.

Using the Four Swords/Minish Cap sprite as the template would be the best course of action, I think. Especially considering Four Swords Adventures also uses that sprite on LTTP assets.

Darkpen

Banned
orioto said:
He's super deformed at least, so he looks like a kid
not to forget, in the GBA port by Capcom, they included voice clips from WW link, so HA! What do you say to THAT, Andrex?

I think it looks awesome, which is really all that matters. Wind waker link looks like lttp link, and lttp link doesnt look like a man AT ALL. He looks like a little boy, and not just because he is short. If he is supposed to be a man, that fine and all, but he still looks like a damn boy.

The picture is fine

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Darkpen said:
not to forget, in the GBA port by Capcom, they included voice clips from WW link, so HA! What do you say to THAT, Andrex?

I say that haven't most Link voice actors been involved in multiple Zelda games?

And the picture looks awesome. It's just one of my small nitpicks blew up into something bigger, don't misconstrue that please.

Edit- Four Swords would have been a nice compromise.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Hey, that poster that came with the SCIV limited edition, the flip side of the bracket thing, does anyone have wallpaper images of that?

Soule

OG_Original Gamer said:
Sir Alemeth: said:
Anyone have a super hi-res of this one for Mario Galaxy:
mariogal-thumb.jpg
I would like two know as well!
Anyone managed to hunt this one down? I've basically been through the whole thread now and haven't seen it but I might've missed it.

Also big thanks to everyone for uploading all the amazing art, amazing thread.

Supa

Soule said:
Anyone managed to hunt this one down? I've basically been through the whole thread now and haven't seen it but I might've missed it.

Also big thanks to everyone for uploading all the amazing art, amazing thread.
Is this the one you wanted? I think this was the biggest size wallpaper I could find on Nintendo of Japan's website a year ago.

http://i33.tinypic.com/zv5v1h.jpg

Soule

Supa said:
Is this the one you wanted? I think this was the biggest size wallpaper I could find on Nintendo of Japan's website a year ago.

http://i33.tinypic.com/zv5v1h.jpg
Thanks it's bigger than the one quoted so I'll take it, bit disappointing not to find something ridonkulously big but I think this might actually be as big as it gets. Cheers.

Cuth

Fixed my GoW2 post, a thumbnail was no more visible.

I see GhostSeed doesn't update the thread summary anymore... I hope the following pics weren't already posted.

Afro Samurai

1. 2514 x 3780
2. 2280 x 2736
3. 4096 x 4096
4. 2539 x 2469

Mega Man 9

● 2.480 x 2.937
● 2.697 x 3.354
● 3.278 x 3.900
● 2.984 x 3.400
● 3.455 x 3.444
● 3.453 x 3.716
● 4.472 x 3.405

orioto

Good Art™
AlucarD.eq said:
Will you do more? Please one of TLoZ Link´s awakening

Well, we'll see but it seems the concept works less with top view games like that, cause it's not the most interesting composition... And there are obvious perspective problems

Cuth

Mirror's Edge

● 3.993 x 4.288

Rock Band 2

● 2.436 x 1.316

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

● 4.800 x 8.960
● 4.800 x 8.960
● 4.800 x 8.000
● 6.872 x 8.960

Azar

la.gg didn't make a thumbnail for me, maybe cause it's so big. :p I think this was in the thread already (checked briefly and didn't see it) but it was much lower-res.

6238x7052

Top Bottom