• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the wines expensive? You know, if you're interested in wines you could start reading The Drops of God...

It's a €23 wine on sale at the moment for €11.49.

it's fucking flying out the door. we only got a delivery of it yesterday of probably 100+ bottles and it's nearly all gone

it's really popular. glad I gave it a try.

And I don't really want to read a manga about wine.

My review was not comparing it to other mangaka works but just Naruto vs this and yes for me this is better then the current Naruto and was a breath of fresh air...

Plus the story of Mario isn't bad to begin with.... came in with low expectations and was pleasantly pleased

@bold: my post never said anything otherwise but ok.

it wasn't bad but it wasn't as great either so those low expectations seemed pretty fucking low :p

Huh, even if Mario is a bit better than Naruto, it's not a particularily high bar, and I personally found both shitty. Better let Kishimoto try to create something else that has a chance to be actually good.

Indeed.

I think Mario could be interesting but it can't be exactly like that oneshot tbh (the ending screamed "limited pages due to oneshot" for one)

Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhou 1-49 END

This was a really enjoyable disaster story. The characters were likable and the length was just right. Considering I just read Dragon Head before this, I'm glad to be able to wash the shitty taste of that manga away. Recommended for those looking for a survival/disaster story with a splash of romance between the characters.

I bought wine today

this is getting out of hand.

someone recommend me a mango to read that isn't Btoom but one I will like knowing my tastes please

stat

Have you caught up reading Tokyo Ghoul because if you haven't your doing yourself a disservice. Also read Gangsta manga, a really great read from what I've read.

Have you caught up reading Tokyo Ghoul because if you haven't your doing yourself a disservice. Also read Gangsta manga a really great read from what I've read.

The thing with Tokyo Ghoul is that I've been trying to save it for when I have a long break in work, but my hours aren't as long these days. So really I should dive back in, but I'm hesitant.

The thing with Tokyo Ghoul is that I've been trying to save it for when I have a long break in work, but my hours aren't as long these days. So really I should dive back in, but I'm hesitant.

Wait are you in the beginning of the Aogiri Arc which is right after the Gourmet Arc. Man because if you are that Arc is fuckin insane.

But yeah I could see why you would want to save it for when you have a long break. Especially if you can savior it without any rush.

Zweizer

Banned
Red String ch5

I have to wonder about the worth of these strings. Would any of you guys sell some years off your life expectancy if it would make you filthy rich?

Usobuko

Banned
I'm still more of a fluffy romance guy. :/

I'll second Fujiyama-san wa Shinshunki. There's no indication that the author will pull a Katekin ( his previous work ) and I reckon he won't because of the sales prospect. Aqua and/or Aria seems to be something you'll enjoy but it's more of a world building manga with a set lovable characters. You could try Hinamatsuri, I thought it was extremely funny for what's its worth.

Anyway, here's what I think that fit your requirement besides Fujiyama.

Musunde Hiraite
Countrouble
Hatsukoi Limited
Miman Renai
Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku

And maybe some Yasuhiro Kanō / Kawashita works. I think most of the manga here are rather vanilla in nature.

Wait are you in the beginning of the Aogiri Arc which is right after the Gourmet Arc. Man because if you are that Arc is fuckin insane.

But yeah I could see why you would want to save it for when you have a long break. Especially if you can savior it without any rush.

Touka's brother just showed up. I'm somewhere in the 50s

I'll second Fujiyama-san wa Shinshunki. There's no indication that the author will pull a Katekin ( his previous work ) and I reckon he won't because of the sales prospect. Aqua and/or Aria seems to be something you'll enjoy but it's more of a world building manga with a set lovable characters. You could try Hinamatsuri, I thought it was extremely funny for what's its worth.

Anyway, here's what I think that fit your requirement besides Fujiyama.

Musunde Hiraite
Countrouble
Hatsukoi Limited
Miman Renai
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku

And maybe some Yasuhiro Kanō / Kawashita works. I think most of the manga here are rather vanilla in nature.

thanks dude, I'll look into those :)

Zweizer

Banned
Musunde Hiraite
Countrouble
Hatsukoi Limited
Miman Renai
Kamisama ga Uso wo Tsuku

I wouldn't call Countrouble "fluffy". It's pretty funny but not particularily adorable as far as romance goes. Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga was just blah, whether in concept or execution, with stereotyped characters and laughable "romance". I'd avoid it unless you have nothing better to read. Haven't read the rest, but Miman Renai and Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku look pretty good.

@bold: my post never said anything otherwise but ok.

it wasn't bad but it wasn't as great either so those low expectations seemed pretty fucking low :p

Well Kishi low is nearing Kubo low for me :p

If he did extend it.. then the story would likely focus mostly on political scenarios/betrayal and progress/alliances... Seeing as one can't go too far with human world gun battles without it dragging on too much.

The beginning was nice... the twist was not overly surprising but it was pleasant (showing how dark that underworld could be)

The ending I agree was rushed and not concluded

Oh you poor thing...

thank you... you overly caring person

Usobuko

Banned
I wouldn't call Countrouble "fluffy". It's pretty funny but not particularily adorable as far as romance goes. Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga was just blah, whether in concept or execution, with stereotyped characters and laughable "romance". I'd avoid it unless you have nothing better to read. Haven't read the rest, but Miman Renai and Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku look pretty good.

Well, my interpretation of 'fluffy' was basically r/s being drama free.

It's been too long since I read Miman Renai, so I can't remember if it's stereotypical. And yes, you're right about Sore wa Totsuzen. I also think Musunde Hiraite will fit you better than the other 2.

oh man, I just properly noticed Countrouble. hah.

Scy's been trying to get me to read that since I started reading manga. Every time I start I get distracted by something else and forget about it.

It's practically a running joke at this stage.

Zweizer

Banned
Well, my interpretation of 'fluffy' was basically r/s being drama free.

It's been too long since I read Miman Renai, so I can't remember if it's stereotypical. And yes, you're right about Sore wa Totsuzen. I also think Musunde Hiraite will fit you better than the other 2.

Musunde Hiraite looks interesting but the lack of updates scares me ┐( =3=)┌

oh man, I just properly noticed Countrouble. hah.

Scy's been trying to get me to read that since I started reading manga. Every time I start I get distracted by something else and forget about it.

It's practically a running joke at this stage.

It's a pretty fun romance comedy. I don't know if that's what you're seeking for, but Usobuko is right in that there's no drama at all, and it should cheer you up if you don't mind stupid yet hilarious hijinks.

dani_dc

Soma

Barley tea is a planted camera by stalker dude. Soma is done.

I can't wait until Stalker guy reveals he predicted what meat Nikumi would give to soma because she spent a couple days stalking her, same with Erina advice.

That or Soma will win because the power of friendship.

Akito

Yeah about those 2 Nisio oneshots, I were not too impressed but Desire for a Reply! >>>> One Morning I Woke Up. I expected more from the troll master.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can't wait until Stalker guy reveals he predicted what meat Nikumi would give to soma because she spent a couple days stalking her, same with Erina advice.

That or Soma will win because the power of friendship.

My prediction:
Dojima Gin is one of the judges. He seems to know Soma's dad, and knows that Soma has spent his entire life learning to cook under him. Thus he knows Soma's cooking is authentic and Mimakasa's "tracing" will never match.

Tamanon

Banned
My prediction:
Dojima Gin is one of the judges. He seems to know Soma's dad, and knows that Soma has spent his entire life learning to cook under him. Thus he knows Soma's cooking is authentic and Mimakasa's "tracing" will never match.

Sounds about right, "the heart of the meal"

Zweizer

Banned
Desire for a Reply! (One-Shot) by NisiOisiN and Miyokawa Masaru

Well, the whole thing is rather straightforward from beginning to end, but at least the art is pretty good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I bought wine today

this is getting out of hand.

someone recommend me a mango to read that isn't Btoom but one I will like knowing my tastes please

stat

Knowing the type of characters you're into, I'd say...

Boku to majo no jikan
Even so, the world is still beautiful
Uwagaki

N2xKVyj.jpg

So I can safely say that picking Rory as best girl was the right call.

Still entertaining over how overwhelming the guys are when facing Swords/Magic.

It's totally unfair and basically cheating.

But does anyone actually care?

Certainly not me.

Damn you Togashi!!!!!!!

Now that HXH is back on Hiatus the 'true' BIG 3 is back to the BIG 2 :(

I guess I could add Soma in one of the top spots.... or more importantly Gintama seeing as BIG 3 for me means "BIG 3 Jump, Action series"
If it didn't then I'd have a really skewed top chart

Oh by the way.... Naruto and Bleach or not in the 'true' BIG 3

dani_dc

Damn you Togashi!!!!!!!

Now that HXH is back on Hiatus the 'true' BIG 3 is back to the BIG 2 :(

I guess I could add Soma in one of the top spots.... or more importantly Gintama seeing as BIG 3 for me means "BIG 3 Jump, Action series"
If it didn't then I'd have a really skewed top chart

Oh by the way.... Naruto and Bleach or not in the 'true' BIG 3

You're clearly forgetting Nisekoi:

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 153 - Yay. Dal Dal back to normal, if only for a while. And can we now have Queen beat the shit out of this piece of shit.

Desire for a Reply! (One-shot)

GOOD END.
Liked this one better.

One Morning I Woke Up (One-shot)

Eh, this seems a bit too contrived and on the nose.

Not to impressive overall, but I'll probably read 'em if they get picked up.

dani_dc

Mob Psycho 100 67.2

Guess this battle is finally about to hit it's climax.

Onepunch-Man 37.2

So I'm guessing The King got famous by being around monsters that Saitama defeated in the past uh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom