• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub Being Streamed Early by Twitch User

From there, just thought to be sure.

He's just giving a random example of some type of assists that exists in racing games. As it's already been mentioned, there's only one assist in DC and that's only if you have a wheel. It's just to teach those that aren't accustomed to wheels how to use them. Once you know how, of if you know how before you even get the game, then you can turn it off entirely.

Kura

Banned
What Forza has to do with it is that it has great image quality and it made me think about how we haven't really seen any real indication whether this game does, too. What we haven't seen is any really high quality videos of Driveclub that gives a clear impression. I've watched pretty much all the gameplay out there of Driveclub. Same with screenshots. I'd love to see some uncompressed direct feed screenshots of the game.

I'm with you here.
DC's IQ is too blurred I think, FH2 looks a lot more clean to me.

madp0k

I can easily say that if your interested in Driveclub and are looking forward to playing it,coming into a driveclub thread is the last thing you want to do, it's getting really painful
:(

Calm down peeps. There's no such thing. Mangochutney was just giving an example of an assist.
Panic stations!

I think we've seen enough footage from show floors to know this game as no auto braking, which will make launch week fun as everyone learns the tracks.

PJV3

I can easily say that if your interested in Driveclub and are looking forward to playing it,coming into a driveclub thread is the last thing you want to do, it's getting really painful
:(

On the bright side we can learn a lot about Forza Horizon 2.

I came here in for Driveclub footage but it seems certain people have confused this thread for the. "FH2 is so much better also its openworld! thread"

Chris_C

Where did this story come from?

Just read his tag.

In this case he's right. I don't remember where specifically, but it was interview with one of the studio heads. They mention the fact that Evolution was nearly shut down, but Motorstorm RC did better than expected. I don't know if that's what saved them specifically, or the fact that they also got an influx of talent from Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool when they were shuttered, but either way, since that interview I've had the feeling Evolution is one bomb away from being closed.

One random thing I've begun to notice in Driveclub videos. If you go "off the track", and I use those words in quotes because off the track seems to be if your wheels leave the pavement for a half second, a countdown immediately pops on the screen warning you of disqualification. Seems super annoying and I've seen it happening on every video I've watched.

It's weird because the tracks are very closed off, so it doesn't seem possible you can really gain an advantage going that little bit you can off the track.

DieH@rd

Banned
iHMvDejuZvbUx.gif

ibeWhOy1Nz5Te.gif

dbtk.gif

C'mon Sony. Make wilderness-based Wipeout game. I even don't care if it's 30fps.

bombshell

One random thing I've begun to notice in Driveclub videos. If you go "off the track", and I use those words in quotes because off the track seems to be if your wheels leave the pavement for a half second, a countdown immediately pops on the screen warning you of disqualification. Seems super annoying and I've seen it happening on every video I've watched.

It's weird because the tracks are very closed off, so it doesn't seem possible you can really gain an advantage going that little bit you can off the track.

Rushy has confirmed that the HUD is highly customizable, so we can remove the elements we want. He specifically mentioned that off-track countdown.

However, I don't think it means we can disable it, only visually.

c0de

It happened to me while I was playing it at Gamescom and yes, it's super-annoying. It starts quite fast when off-track so I wasn't able to really explore in the places where it is not like a corridor.

kyser73

Dem volumetric clouds...soo purdy...really makes a difference to the feel of the sky.

Even with the 540p resolution that YouTube footage looks insanely good. Sense of speed, depth...can't wait until October.

Why would you not be surprised? What if DC has better music than FH2?

Because FH had an amazing soundtrack?

Why are we doing this again? Let's just let DC be DC and FH2 be FH2. Some of these comparisons are ridiculous. Like FH2 is the better open world game...yeah no shit DC is a closed circuit racer. Christ.

Rushy has confirmed that the HUD is highly customizable, so we can remove the elements we want. He specifically mentioned that off-track countdown.

However, I don't think it means we can disable it, only visually.
Yeah you still get the audio warning I think. At least you did in some of the HUDless videos I've seen but unfinished product etc.

Re-posting settings from earlier that shows what you can toggle.

isa7q7QtpcYHI.png

valkyre

I must say I am really on the fence with this one.

Granted I havent seen much of it to properly judge it, but from what I've seen I am not that optimistic.

Graphically it looks absolutely spectacular in every possible way, but that bumper car racing gameplay, kind of turns me off...

I guess the Plus Edition will either make or break the game for me!

Vroadstar

It happened to me while I was playing it at Gamescom and yes, it's super-annoying. It starts quite fast when off-track so I wasn't able to really explore in the places where it is not like a corridor.

I've heard of corridor shooters, first time I heard of corridor racers which basically equals to "it's not open world". Not surprising though, guy already calling the other One "racer of the year" this early.

GHG

Gold Member
I've heard of corridor shooters, first time I heard of corridor racers which basically equals to "it's not open world". Not surprising though, guy already calling the other One "racer of the year" this early.

Closed track is the new corridor.

I have a theory that open world racers are generally dumbed down racing games that definately cater to a more casual audience. No need to think or care about breaking points or racing lines, just point your car in the general direction of the finish line and hit the gas. FUN.

Kura

Banned
What do you mean by "the IQ is too blurred"? I mean it's native 1080p. Have you watched direct feed footage?

Have you even played the game in person?

I'm very confident with what my eyes see.

1080p or 'direct feed' doesnt matter if the AA method blurs the image to get rid of the aliasing, and I obviously did see it.

People have been blaming the video compression for some quality issues, but video compressions have always been here, and DC is not the first game being 1080p, but suddenly people started to complain about video compressions with Driveclub.

Yes, lights and enviroments are amazing and looks stunning. IQ wise, DC is not doing the best.

I invite you to campare FH2 and DC cockpit views.

Also, PS4 is a 400$ machine, dont expect the game to have graphics at highest possible settings just for being 30 fps.

I'm looking forward to playing Drive Club, but I'm not expecting it to be better than FH2, that series is already established and it's open world. This is also the first of a series (if it does well). I'm expecting DC to look nice but lack in content elsewhere. I wish I had an Xbox so I could play FH2, but DC will have to do for now until the next Gran Turismo.

And those gifs look like real life!

1080p or 'direct feed' doesnt matter if the AA method blurs the image to get rid of the aliasing, and I obviously did see it.

People have been blaming the video compression for some quality issues, but video compressions have always been here, and DC is not the first game being 1080p, but suddenly people started to complain about video compressions with Driveclub.

Yes, lights and enviroments are amazing and looks stunning. IQ wise, DC is not doing the best.

Also, PS4 is a 400$ machine, dont expect the game to have graphics at highest possible settings just for being 30 fps.

Why? This isn't a comparison thread. Why are you even in here?

Driveclub threads are like you're on an elevator to the racing heavens, but on the way up half of the people getting on are farting before they leave on the next floor.

Lmfao. Perfect.

kyser73

I've learned things on this thread.

I've discovered that some racing games have a driver aid called 'auto braking' and I'm trying to work out how such a thing would be required by anyone.

I've learned of a new way of describing track racing is 'corridor' racing.

Because when you're racing a car the first thing you can do is go haring off the road and off on some kind of safari. Why do you need to 'explore' the bits off the road?

I am at a loss as to why having to remain on the road can be construed as being a corridor, But then I'm also at a loss as to why some people think red-head females leads can't battle robodinos with high-tension bow & arrow weapons.

A simple yes or no to answer the question 'Have you played the game?' would have done.

You'll make a good politician though with answers like that.

I'm looking forward to playing Drive Club, but I'm not expecting it to be better than FH2, that series is already established and it's open world. This is also the first of a series (if it does well). I'm expecting DC to look nice but lack in content elsewhere. I wish I had an Xbox so I could play FH2, but DC will have to do for now until the next Gran Turismo.

And those gifs look like real life!

Both games seem different enough to me that I'll enjoy both. Had a lot of fun with the beautiful FH2 demo yesterday. This is a good year for racing games.

ekim

This is your thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823807

Top Bottom