• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man kills in-laws (84) with flamethrower (Germany, Austria or Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/10/04/austria.flame.thrower/index.html

A man in eastern Austria used a homemade flamethrower to kill his wife's elderly parents, police said Saturday.

The 48-year-old man then tried to commit suicide by stabbing himself in the stomach, police said. He is now in an induced coma but is expected to survive.

The incident happened at 10pm (4pm ET) Friday in Hartberg, a town in Austria's Styria region, about 22 miles (35.5 kilometers) from the Hungarian border, said Chief Anton Kiesl of the state police homicide division.

Kiesl said the man first spread gas in the room of his 84-year-old in-laws, then lit a homemade propane gas bottle and threw it at them, burning them alive.

The mother-in-law suffered from diabetes and her legs had previously been amputated, so she was unable to flee and died in her bed, Kiesl said. The father-in-law was able to flee but died soon afterward; police found his body on a garden bench near the family's apartment, Kiesl said.

The attack set one room of the apartment on fire, but firefighters were able to keep it from spreading to neighboring apartments, he said.

Kiesl said police don't yet know the man's motive

img.php

img.php

Damn, I would have guess Germany. Of course, isn't Austria v. Germany argument the same as a Canada v. USA argument? You know what I mean?

Gaborn

Thread fails because it's (G)ermany (A)ustria or (F)lorida. Without the paretheses of course but they show WHY.

edit - Beaten

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I can't help but wonder what your in-laws have to say to you to make you set them on fire.

Peru

Heat the paren... Ok, I truly, honestly would feel bad about doing a shoddy pun when someone's been brutally murdered, even if it won't affect anyone afflicted. Just can't do it. Just half way.

Shorty

Banned
Gaborn said:
Thread fails because it's (G)ermany (A)ustria or (F)lorida. Without the paretheses of course but they show WHY.

edit - Beaten
I just realized this abbreviates to GAF

Gozan

Cheesemeister said:
When there's an option aside from Germany or Florida, it's a pretty dead giveaway. Please refrain.

Or replace all three. "Gabon, Austria or Flandern", for instance.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thread FAIL.

It's Germany, Australia, or Flordia people.

Go search thread titles for Australia and you'll see all the Germany, Australia, or Flordia threads. This is the only thread with Austria as an option.

JavaMava

That horrible. Imagine being married to some one for decades only to have both of your last memories being that the other got up and ran away leaving the amputated one to die. I mean, there was probably nothing he could do but be on fire and try to drag a women on fire to safety, something that unrealistic.

It's just sad to know that her last memory was her husband running away as she burn to death in her bed.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
DeathNote said:
Thread FAIL.

It's Germany, Australia or Flordia people.

Go search thread titles for Australia and you'll see all the Germany, Australia, or Flordia threads. This is the only thread with Austria as an option.

Two times. Idot

robox

my brain musta been on cruise control. i read australia on the listing page but austria in the post.

soultron

Banned
I literally laughed when I saw the thread title. But it was one of those laughs you aren't even prepared for, and my mouth didn't have time to open, so the laugh escaped my mouth like a fart. A mouth-fart-laugh.

Xeke

Banned
DeathNote said:
Thread FAIL.

It's Germany, Australia, or Flordia people.

Flordia huh?

NotWii

Banned
THE:MILKMAN said:
THREAD FAIL............I thought he killed 84 in-laws!
Hahaha me too, but I had read this article yesterday.

He must've really hated them.

Eteric Rice said:
I could make a Team Fortress 2 joke here.

But I'm not.
I appear to have burst into flames!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Pretty upsetting news story and people are joking and laughing about it and the worn-out "G.A.F." meme.

I think it's time OT brings back the depressing news stories just to shake things up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom